PERM Tracker - Chicago

Thank you'll for the responses, its greatly appreciated. I have already invested ~ $4000 into the PERM process and owe $2000 more to the law firm. If you folks are convinced my application has not been submitted, I would be only glad to ask for a refund. Could you kindly confirm that's the case, it certainly clears up the reason why the law firm does not entertain my request for information and the consulting company tells me all kinds of stories.

Well if really your case status shows incomplete or if your case number doesn't start with a C-... then yes unfortunately I believe your case was never submitted...the thing is you're mentioning an issue that has to do with a job posting in August and that would indicate the job ad process is not finished or about to be finished...you then need to wait another month after the last job posting before filing so that would explain why your case hasn't been filed yet

PERM is only labor part of GC(Phase-I) process. After LC approval, you have to go through two more phases(I-140 & I-485). In my judgement, you shouldn't paid more than ~2000(1/3rd of total). Talk to Attorney and ask for payment break-up based on phases of GC process. this is my 2 cents.

tubby said:
Thank you'll for the responses, its greatly appreciated. I have already invested ~ $4000 into the PERM process and owe $2000 more to the law firm. If you folks are convinced my application has not been submitted, I would be only glad to ask for a refund. Could you kindly confirm that's the case, it certainly clears up the reason why the law firm does not entertain my request for information and the consulting company tells me all kinds of stories.

Here is my status provided by my consulting company :

ETA Case Number: T-05273-38188

I did initiate the process with advertisements posted in our local newspaper in April and had paid the law firm to file my application ASAP. Does it require 5+ months to file an application, all I have herd from my employer was its in review and the requirement had to be posted on a labor web site ...........etc.

When the application has not been submitted how come its reviewed and the directive about job posting in a labor web site, does this happen?

I would very much appreciate your response on the subject.

Tubby,

Sorry to say, but that "T" in front of your case number is sure bad news and it does mean that it is incomplete. I was also in the same boat, but thankfully my PERM was applied and my lawyer had made another application for "practice" which made me jump initially! I was following your post and hoping the same would had happened to you, but man your lawyer it seems has screwed you royally..its a pain!

Thank you'll for all your valuable comments and advise, looks like my employer and the attorney have been playing up. Just a question of exploitation on the part of my employer, confronted them with all the valuable information provided by the forum. No other options but to go back HOME, I can no loger trust them.

wishing you folks the very best with your PERM process.

Thanks,
:)

Definitely 'T' and 'Incomplete' means it hasn't even been filed yet.
It took my company exactly 2 1/2 months from preparation to filing last week - so anything too much longer than that looks like a scam.

tubby said:
Thank you'll for all your valuable comments and advise, looks like my employer and the attorney have been playing up. Just a question of exploitation on the part of my employer, confronted them with all the valuable information provided by the forum. No other options but to go back HOME, I can no loger trust them.

wishing you folks the very best with your PERM process.

Thanks,
:)

excel sheet

very nice file. irinastaicu did already get certified - I cannot remember when but I read it here yesterday.

Applied on: 9/22
PERM Center: Chicago
Category: EB-2
Job: Systems Software Engineer
Requirement: MS + 2 years experience

please add my case to excel file

filed: 07/06/05
category: EB2
final review: 07/07/05
in process: 07/28/05

don't know exact job title and other details.

May add to the list.

Filed: 05/12/05 (EB2), Sr. Software Engr.
AR: July 1st week (don't know exact date, also I don't know why it is so late to have AR status, my lawyer said it showed AR in July 1st week, I'll ask it.)

IP: August'05 (Again didn't get exact date from my lawyer)

Still in process......

Thanks.

I have a colleague who just got certified!!!

nhusson's Colleague
EB2 - Chicago
PERM filed on 06/29/2005
FR 06/29/2005
IP 07/28/2005
Certified 10/05/2005
(Position is IS Manager, one case at BEC (Regular), no 45d)

I thought that would give us some hope!

Now I'm hoping that our cases get certified too!

Latest Excel file update

- Added the latest candidates
- added column to display 'days to certified'
- added column to display 'days already waiting'

The average certified days come out to be 47 so far.
However there are many cases with easily 80-100+ days wait time so far.

information share

just called my lawyer office and heard the following information/rumor.

I was told that the PERM application could process up to 90 WORKING days. That means at 90/5*7 = 126 days. it should be longer if considering the holidays.

Another informaiton I heard is almost all the informaiton in the application form needs double check by sending mail/email to the relative person. If one of them does not respond, you case can't be certified.

That would completely defeat the purpose of the PERM system. Also what is the Sponsorship email/phone call for then? I am not sure where they (=your lawyer) come up with this. Sounds too much like 45 day letter a la PERM to me.

einmanninus said:
just called my lawyer office and heard the following information/rumor.

I was told that the PERM application could process up to 90 WORKING days. That means at 90/5*7 = 126 days. it should be longer if considering the holidays.

Another informaiton I heard is almost all the informaiton in the application form needs double check by sending mail/email to the relative person. If one of them does not respond, you case can't be certified.

gc2006

I sent you a pm could you reply?

gc_2006 said:
That would completely defeat the purpose of the PERM system. Also what is the Sponsorship email/phone call for then? I am not sure where they (=your lawyer) come up with this. Sounds too much like 45 day letter a la PERM to me.

Latest Updated Excell file

I have added my case detail to excel file.
gc_2006 said:
- Added the latest candidates
- added column to display 'days to certified'
- added column to display 'days already waiting'

The average certified days come out to be 47 so far.
However there are many cases with easily 80-100+ days wait time so far.