PERM Tracker - Chicago

pending since Sept 12

Filed Sept 12,In process since then. Did a status check 4 weeks back. Routine reply. No progress yet.

It is a restless situation.

partagas said:
I see some people still not certified from September, especially 2nd half of the month. My wife also applied Sept. 19th and her application shows in process for the last 2.5 months. Did those of you who applied in Sept. and did not get certified had a correspondence with DOL or your attorney as what happened to your cases? Thanks in advance!!!

GC_GoneCase said:
Filed Sept 12,In process since then. Did a status check 4 weeks back. Routine reply. No progress yet.

It is a restless situation.

All I can say is "Chicago Sucks" :( :mad: :mad: , I mean Chicago Center ;)

I am waiting since first week of August

Still in process, attorney has suggested a language change. It seems there is an any keyword missing in the skillset section, since mine is BS + 6 years exp and dude to this he was saying it might get denied or labor might get approved as EB3 and attorney has suggested to withdraw and refile it. Since my job order has already expired and will take two more months to do so, i am going to take a chance here.

Denied is much better than waiting for many months without a reason, Can atleast refile or do something.

Looks like people at Chicago "DOL" has recently learnt SQL quries and they seems to be missing some records and trying to use some unnecessary any keyword for the skillset.........i think they need some training from the pro's and some resolution in the new year.

Good luck and happy new year everyone.

partagas said:
I see some people still not certified from September, especially 2nd half of the month. My wife also applied Sept. 19th and her application shows in process for the last 2.5 months. Did those of you who applied in Sept. and did not get certified had a correspondence with DOL or your attorney as what happened to your cases? Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
me tooo

My application was also filed on September 15th. It is Chicago center. And it is still in process since the day of filing. Don't know what to do...Waiting and waiting.....It has been almost 3 and half months...still no progress....
Keeping my fingure crossed....

Unbelievable news: New draft immigration bill by Senater Specter

Unbelievable news:

Guys:

Check out this anti-immigrant site and read about this new proposed bill that Mr. Specter is circulating for consideration. Seems too good to be true. Do you think its really going to happen?

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/specterproposal.html

I am also pasting relevent info- from it below:

New exemptions from legal, permanent immigration category caps:

Aliens with an advanced degree in science, technology, engineering, or math who have been working in a related field in the United States for the three-year period preceding their application for an employment-based immigrant visa would be exempt from the cap on such visas.

Aliens with “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education , business, or athletics,” “outstanding professors and researchers,” and physicians who agree to work in an area designated by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as having a shortage of health care professionals or who agree to work at a health care facility run by the Department of Veterans Affairs all would be exempt from the cap on employment-based visas.

The spouses, children and parents of any alien who is admitted as an employment-based immigrant would be exempt from the cap on employment-based visas (parents of such aliens currently are not eligible for a visa at all until the alien becomes a naturalized citizen).

Where current law exempts the children, spouses, and parents of U.S. citizens, Specter would exempt the children of citizens plus their children, the spouses of citizens plus their children, and the parents of citizens plus their children.

And then PERM goes bye-bye for degreed professionals:
Specter would eliminate the requirement that the Labor Department certify that the employment of an alien will not adversely affect the wages or working conditions of American workers for any alien who is a “member of the professionals [sic] and has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the sciences, technology, engineering, or mathematics.”

garbarsarbar said:

Too good to be true.

I am all for it. I long for the day when this happens, but again too good to be true/come into play.

I am taking into consideration the people who doesn't know much abut immigraton voting for the bill.

-p

Sep PERM Chicago

New to the forum.

My wife applied PERM on 9/23/05, EB-2, Chicago...

No news so far. Not much we can do.

:( :(

filed Sept 06...

gocard said:
My application was also filed on September 15th. It is Chicago center. And it is still in process since the day of filing. Don't know what to do...Waiting and waiting.....It has been almost 3 and half months...still no progress....
Keeping my fingure crossed....

mine was filed on Sept 06....lawyer says still in progress....what happened to Sept cases?...not sure what to do

perm sponsorship verification

Hi,

My lawyer filed PERM application online a couple of days ago to Chicago center. However, my employer hasn't received any sponsor verification email or telephone yet. Is this normal or is there any thing wrong in filing? My employer told me that s/he can see the aplication on DOL website and the status in 'In Process'.

Can any of you tell me that why no verification email yet? do we need to worry about it or it is normal?
any feed back will be appreciated.
sivan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here. Filed PERM as backup on Sept 12.

It shows In Process since then.

We did status query a month back. Planning to do one more Jan 1st week.

rocky_rock said:
mine was filed on Sept 06....lawyer says still in progress....what happened to Sept cases?...not sure what to do

Same here. I filled my PERM from Chicago center on 09/31/05 NO response, it says in process, my lawyer has sent an inquiry to chicago center, same auto response, GOD knows whats going on.

hi,

My PERM application was filed on Dec 16th and i guess it falls under the Chicago Center since my employer is based in Michigan.

I have a Masters degree from US and i graduated in 2000 , but my employer filed my PERM under the job tile : Software Engineer, Systems Software using MS +1 as experience!! (though i have been working - rather slogging - since i graduated)

Can somebody please let me know, if its ok to do that?

I appriciate your response.

Can somebody update the Chicago Tracker with my info?
PERM Filed : 12/16/05
Job Title : Computer Software Engineer ,Systems Software
Center : Chicago

Thanks

Perm Sep05

Can somebody update the Chicago Tracker with my info?

PERM Filed on : 12/23/05 :mad:
Job Title : DataBase Administrator
Center : Chicago

Any Status From Any one is Appretiated.
Thanks

my PERM was approved

Dear All,

I just got a call from my attorney that my PERM was approved.
I filed a conversion case in June 2005, with a priority date of Oct 2001.

It was EB3 , BS + 0 year Exp.
it was filed with Chicago center.

Good Luck to all of you and Happy New Year!

Certified!

Good news everyone.

Certified as of 3rd January, 2006.
Filed on 22nd September, 2005. EB2 in Chicago center.

Good luck to everyone.