PERM Tracker - Chicago

I am on 110 days

Still waiting EB3 -- 110 days
EB2--103 days

I have 2 labours filed. both were pending.

Chicago--Sr.Database administrator.

BS+7 years

latest approval on 11/11

latest approval from Murthy board on 11/11 (had filed 7/21). Looks like Chicago is doing more holiday shopping than concentrating on working on our applications...

waiting...

Applied on 10/24
Replied sponsorship email on the same day
EB2, MS+1yr
Sr. Electrical Engr.

Still waiting...

Also has one LC pending at Dallas BEC, PD=11/14/2002

To lakeside27

Hi Lakeside27, what do you mean you are on your sixth year and miss the Sep 2005 boat? you already passed your H1-B sixth year?

lakeside27 said:
My case is also pending 104 days and hope to be approved soon.

EB2, BS + 6 years. I am on my sixth year and miss the Sep 2005 boat. Wish me some luck guys.

Thanks

I am a silent observer of this thread. I applied PERM in EB2 Masters + 3 Yrs experience (OS Kernel and Device Drivers engr, with Business Need flag on. I dont know what exactly that means, other than a vague idea) on July 7, 2005 through a well reputed company in silicon valley. No audit. I received approval on Nov 7, 2005. Not sure why its taking 120+ days in Chicago for a simple straight forward case. As usual west coast people are on the flipside even with PERM. Hope things get better in future and good luck to everyone.

PERMer said:
Hi Lakeside27, what do you mean you are on your sixth year and miss the Sep 2005 boat? you already passed your H1-B sixth year?

I mean, miss the boat for 485. I still have 6 more months for my sixth year and i hope LC getting approved soon and since I-140 are getting cleared in 2 months, once this is approved i hope to get 3 year extension at once. Atleast i would like to avoid the pain of one year ext. Let see how it goes.

What is sponsorship email?

Excuse me for my ignorance but what it sponsorship mail?

GC_2006, Could you please add me to the list.

EB2, MS, +4 Yrs of experience
Applied on 11/10/05 from washington state so I guess the center is Dallas

xzGC said:
Applied on 10/24
Replied sponsorship email on the same day
EB2, MS+1yr
Sr. Electrical Engr.

Still waiting...

Also has one LC pending at Dallas BEC, PD=11/14/2002

Done - plus added one more approval from murthy board from 11/15! Chicago is not totally asleep just almost....

Sponsorship email is sent by DOL to employer after receiving PERM application. It is imperative that the employer answers quick and correct (all 4 questions with 'yes'). Before that happens processing cannot resume.

cardude said:
Excuse me for my ignorance but what it sponsorship mail?

GC_2006, Could you please add me to the list.

EB2, MS, +4 Yrs of experience
Applied on 11/10/05 from washington state so I guess the center is Dallas

Thx for adding me to the list.. I still have not recieved a sponsorhip email from Chicago(applied 11/14/05) - has anyone else faced a similar situation?

Got the sponsorship email today - 11/18/05

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago actions random . Later application approved.

Changed from Final Review to In Process on 7/28 .
Sitting there since then .
What does "Final Review" mean ? . Does it mean that the application has been reviewed and a decision made at the end of review
OR
Just the Paperwork has been reviewed ?

119 days and counting...

Attorney sent and inquiry by email and received the standard response.

Applied on 7/22 at Chicago DOL

:confused:
===================================================
Your cases are still in process and official notification will be
forthcoming.

Applications are processed in the order they are received. However,
because each application is unique, processing times may vary
depending on the specific circumstances of the case.

Sincerely,
Chicago National Processing Center

Shld Get GC this Year or atleast the Labor . . . .

Applied 09/14
Got a Call from Chicago DOL the next day
In Process
Category EB2
Sr Business Analyst BS+5 with Business Necessity.

Good to see you are so positive. PERM is a joke and they must think FIFO is the name of a computer game. Getting your LC this year is still possible, getting GC is probably not.

In my opinion there should be a PERM obudsman that you can go and complain to. What is AILA doing these days regarding messed up PERM system and obvious disregard for FIFO? Senate immigration subcommittee should take very close look on PERM and how it impedes lawful immigrants.

Wouldn't it be fun if there was a rule that PERM cases pending for more than 90 days are automatically approved - much like AC21 portability punishes slow USCIS processing? That would force DOL to keep processing older applications really quick.

Here's quotation from someone on Murthy board who actually went to visit the PERM office in Chicago [kch382001]:

I went to Chicago PERM center.

My case has been pending for over 120 days. My attorney, employer and I called, wrote mail, sent fax. No response. So I decided to visit the PERM center in person.(It is at Downtown Chicago, not very far away from my work).
Of couse, I was stopped at the Check-in desk at PERM center. They did not let me in without appointment. I was able to get a hold of this lady working at PERM center. She told me to ask my employer or attorney to call her. My attorney and employer did as what she said after many tries.(This lady at PERM center seems to have a different work schedule. I think she leaves work around 3:00PM). She did not give out much information to my employer except for that my case is in progress, which my employer can also check online. Besides that, she was obviously upset because my persistence.
So that was it. You see I did not gain much by visiting PERM center in person. But I think I did gain a little bit information. Not to discourage you guys. I saw and talked to these people working at PERM center. They do not look like or act like professional. I think they should have worked at some grocery stores instead. It is very depressing when you think your case is in the handes of these person. I think the only thing we can do is to pray....

GCTHISYR said:
Applied 09/14
Got a Call from Chicago DOL the next day
In Process
Category EB2
Sr Business Analyst BS+5 with Business Necessity.

Updated tracker format

Changed the tracker format (green rows for approved folks) and changed statistics to reflect per month decision rate.
Applicants in September saw a drop to 53% from the now 'usual' level of around 75% approvals (not considering the early months of April & May).
Overall approval level is at around 65%.

Further I graphed a histogram according to when decisions were made (bin size half a month) - scroll down. A pattern emerges that suggests that more approvals seem to be coming in the 2nd half of each month (I have circled these). The good news is that in the first half of November more approvals come through than any previous 'first month' period. Further we had the big spike at the end of October. Will it repeat in the 2nd half of November again (=next 10 days)? We will see soon. Only thing that makes me worried is the holiday period next week as that will probably also affect Chicago center.

Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

click on the above link and send letter to your local house member

Dear Member of Congress,
Ø As we begin Fiscal Year 2006, America’s long-term economic health must be at the forefront of our nation’s legislative agenda. I am writing to alert you to several issues that we believe pose a significant threat to U.S. competitiveness and economic security. Leading business and scientific organizations recently warned that the United States is in danger of losing its innovative edge. Lagging student interest in math, science and engineering, coupled with a pattern of reduced government investment in basic research in the physical sciences are troubling indicators for the future. These disturbing trends must be reversed.

Ø As we continue efforts to grow our pipeline of American scientists and engineers, we need to enable U.S. companies recruiting at U.S. universities to have access to all the graduates – including foreign students. For example, in electrical engineering, 56 percent of master’s and 66 percent of the PhD graduates of U.S. programs in 2004 were foreign students. We should open the doors wide to these talented individuals. Unfortunately, current U.S. Government policies are going in the exact opposite direction. If U.S. businesses are not able to hire or retain these employees, our overseas competitors will.

Ø The green card process also needs reform to enable employers to hire and retain the best qualified individuals in sufficient numbers. We believe that those individuals with the education, experience, knowledge and skills critical to U.S. competitiveness in the 21 st Century should be granted priority permanent resident status. Such reforms would significantly assist U.S. employers in retaining that talent, as well as alleviate the overwhelming demand for H-1B visas. USCIS’ efforts to reduce application backlogs have created another problem – unavailability of permanent visas, frequently called “green cards.” As of October 1, 2005, the State Department has set the clock backward – adding years to the wait for a green card for thousands of foreign professionals from countries such as India, China and the Philippines. The impact of the new restrictions will make it nearly impossible for these highly educated and skilled workers to gain permanent residence in the United States in the foreseeable future. Moreover, the recent unavailability of visas will force thousands of professionals to put their lives on hold, with the inability to change jobs, locations or employers.

Ø To make matters worse, many of these professionals – including researchers, scientists, teachers and engineers – will see their wait for permanent residency drag on for many more years. Our system of backlogs, delays and unpredictability is discouraging and unwelcoming, forcing many valued employees to seek employment in other nations. This is not only disruptive to U.S. employers and our economy, but exceedingly unfair to hard-working, valued members of the American workforce. Access to this talent keeps innovation and jobs in the United States. Tapping America’s Potential and the National Association of Manufacturers’ 2005 Labor Day Report are available at www.competeamerica.org and www.nam.org.

Ø The U.S. Senate passed S. 1932 which includes Section 8001 and Section 8002 to resolve the foregoing problems which this nation faces. The House bill, H.R. 4241, failed to include these important parts of the budget reconciliation legislation. Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

Thank you.
Sincerely your name,
Address
Tel no

gc_2006 said:
Changed the tracker format (green rows for approved folks) and changed statistics to reflect per month decision rate.
Applicants in September saw a drop to 53% from the now 'usual' level of around 75% approvals (not considering the early months of April & May).
Overall approval level is at around 65%.

Further I graphed a histogram according to when decisions were made (bin size half a month) - scroll down. A pattern emerges that suggests that more approvals seem to be coming in the 2nd half of each month (I have circled these). The good news is that in the first half of November more approvals come through than any previous 'first month' period. Further we had the big spike at the end of October. Will it repeat in the 2nd half of November again (=next 10 days)? We will see soon. Only thing that makes me worried is the holiday period next week as that will probably also affect Chicago center.
gc_2006, thanx for compiling the tracker. it is very helpful for newbies to site like me.

My case is filed with EB3/ Sr. Software Engr on June 13th, Immediately my employer resonded to their email and it is in still INPROCESS from then. I don't know the exact date when each stage(as i don't know how to findout) but as per my employer and layer my case is still in IN PROCESS and all cases filed with the same layer in the same month are still pending at chicago. It is hopefull place as i read this thread.

Job Description : Software Engineer
Category: EB3
Chicago
Filed on : June 13th 2005
IP : ??? Still waiting to be certified.

- Anil

HR received Denial Letter for my old PERM case

My lawyer filed my PERM twice on 7/5/2005. The first time it was denied within seconds. In those days instant denials were common, so the lawyer filed a 2nd one, everything exactly the same. The 2nd one was just normal, HR got sponsorship email, after her reply my case changed to Final Review and then to In Progress on 7/28, till now.

Today all of sudden my HR received a denial letter for my first case. The reason was rediculous: Master's degree is required for the positon, the alien beneficiary (me) has Master's degree, so the alien does not meet your requirement for the position.

My lawyser said it's ok. DOL issued memo saying old denials were due to their system problems and the denial letters can be ignored. Yet the letter was dated 11/16/05, 3 days ago. So I am still worried. And also I don't know how to explain to my HR that my working status should not be affected.

Anybody on the same boat? What should I do? HR wants to write a letter to DOL saying the denial was wrong. But Lawyer said everything is fine...

Stuck

My Company has been audited and there have been no approvals @ all. I dont get it becase my firm is quite big and is one of the top Minority-Owned Firms. Has anybody been in that situation before? Please Advice!

Thanks,
DB.