PERM Tracker - Chicago

Just FYI:
'drirashad' which is the "oldest" case pending for Chicago, got PERM certified since I saw post by the this person in another forum on retrogression since he/she also got I-140 approved. The date for PERM approval is unknown.

I wouldn't be surprised if many have not bothered to update their status after they got certified.

I agree with you!

I think in their joy (rightfully so), some people might have not updated their status as they won't be visiting the PERM tracker and might be visiting some other forum now; may be I-140. So far we haven't seen any approvals in Nov; is that just random or somebody has a theory around it!

I sometimes scan for posts by members who seem to be pending a long time. I could not find 'drirashad' here or on the murthy forum. I don't know how he got on the tracker list anyway...but it would be nice to put a 'certified' date on his case.

msh626 said:
Just FYI:
'drirashad' which is the "oldest" case pending for Chicago, got PERM certified since I saw post by the this person in another forum on retrogression since he/she also got I-140 approved. The date for PERM approval is unknown.

I wouldn't be surprised if many have not bothered to update their status after they got certified.

The login maybe wrong - search for drirshad. But if you do, that person has a Labor under BEC. Might have refiled under PERM and got a quick approval. It's hard to tell. Maybe I was wrong.

In the Excel file, there is a small, not-current list for Atlanta applications too on the next sheet. Is someone going to update that or let it be as it is?

I found him when I didn't check 'exact name'. He filed I-140 on 11/11 and already got approved on 11/18. Lets assume he got it some time before 11/11 - I am going to put 11/11 in the tracker to close the case.

I merged the Atlanta tracker at the time to see if there was a difference (there was at the time) but Chicago has been doing better since then. Atlanta people don't seem interested to update their trcaker.

msh626 said:
The login maybe wrong - search for drirshad. But if you do, that person has a Labor under BEC. Might have refiled under PERM and got a quick approval. It's hard to tell. Maybe I was wrong.

In the Excel file, there is a small, not-current list for Atlanta applications too on the next sheet. Is someone going to update that or let it be as it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
just to help update the info

hi,

i applied PERM 10/13/05, EB3 Chicago, from california.. this morning i got an email from my attorney that it was approved. i got one done.. but now will just have to wait for 485, which it looks like is still a long time.

Good luck to all of us =)

Please add my info to tracker
Perm Filed Aug 26 (EB2 BS+5Yr). Works for a samll software company

Still in process... One of my collegue filed one the same day have already received got the perm certified

Last edited by a moderator:
Its more than 100 days

I have been waiting since July.My lawyer says they filed the case on July 6th,but online status shows In Process since Aug 17th.We (lawyer/HR) emailed DOL (chicago) and got standard response.Last week our HR called Chicago office in my presence.They claim the processing time is 50-150 days and not 45-60 days because of the number of applications they received.
Missed the boat on September 30th and the wait continues.

EB2 (India)
Systems Analyst

Playing prank with you!

They just give some answer to get away with. There is no such thing as 50 - 150 days. My application has surpassed 180 days. Even if you take into consideration only the working days, still it is past 150 days. Mine was applied on May 24th. No audit, nothing. Went into "Final Review" then into "In Process" and still "In Process". Its more of which certifying officer our application goes into. It will happen one fine day. As we can't do anything about it, it is only in our best interest to be philosophical and say "good things happen to people who wait".

Yah! i agree there seems to be no rules for certification with PERM process. It is against all FIFO rules. Mine is filed in June '05/EB3 and still waiting.

- Anil

Today I received the mail from my lawyer and my case is approved.
EB2 (BS+5), Atlanta, Applied Nov 4th.

Good Luck to you all.

I do agree 100% that they are playing PRANKS and there is realy nothing we can do other than call/email and receive some vague excuses. Anyways I missed Sep 30 deadline and there is no big hurry with this retrogression.

abu2003 said:
They just give some answer to get away with. There is no such thing as 50 - 150 days. My application has surpassed 180 days. Even if you take into consideration only the working days, still it is past 150 days. Mine was applied on May 24th. No audit, nothing. Went into "Final Review" then into "In Process" and still "In Process". Its more of which certifying officer our application goes into. It will happen one fine day. As we can't do anything about it, it is only in our best interest to be philosophical and say "good things happen to people who wait".

tracker update

not too many new items - just the big approval spike at the end of Nov. didn't happen (no surprise there) but at least we saw some approvals.

Any PERM approval in Missouri State?

Has anyone applied from Missouri got approved thru PERM?
It has been almost three months, my application is still "in process". It has been in "In process" since the day I applied.

Finally PERM Approved!!

Some good news if you can call it as such. My PERM petition filed on 6/6/05 was finally approved on November 28th 2005. As far as i am concerned it does not help me much. Also, on Monday i took the GMAT and scored in the top 2%, so off to Graduate school (again) I am, this time outside the US.

tracker update

congrats! that warrants an update.

cabal said:
Some good news if you can call it as such. My PERM petition filed on 6/6/05 was finally approved on November 28th 2005. As far as i am concerned it does not help me much. Also, on Monday i took the GMAT and scored in the top 2%, so off to Graduate school (again) I am, this time outside the US.