PERM Tracker - Chicago

Typo in Phone Number

Applied: 9/6/2005
Centre: Chicago
Category: EB2

A week ago noticed that the employer phone number had a typo. So far no emails, and did not anticipate to receive phone call with the screwed up numbers. Last week learnt a decision has been made on the case (not sure what the decision was). Did any one in similar situation. What are the options in this situation....Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, there was one guy with a similar typo - in empl. phone number. (dhakdi in the tracker list). They apparently denied the case after trying to reach the employer unsuccessfully. However since you have a decision, can you refile?

Aravind555 said:
Applied: 9/6/2005
Centre: Chicago
Category: EB2

A week ago noticed that the employer phone number had a typo. So far no emails, and did not anticipate to receive phone call with the screwed up numbers. Last week learnt a decision has been made on the case (not sure what the decision was). Did any one in similar situation. What are the options in this situation....Thanks!

can anyone give some advices?

My PERM was filed on 05/21, EB2, senior EE engineer. But, until now, still in process.

Does anybody know how to handle this kind of thing? My lawyer and I both sent inquiries, but nothing came back yet.

nning

the same boat

filed 07/06, EB2, still in process..
no audit, no request for further information, just waiting..

Early this month, lawyer contacted DOL and got the typical automated response...

Lawyer told me yesterday that a case filed before me from the same office was approved last week. so I am hoping something occur to me case here.

I fully understand your frustration.

nning said:
My PERM was filed on 05/21, EB2, senior EE engineer. But, until now, still in process.

Does anybody know how to handle this kind of thing? My lawyer and I both sent inquiries, but nothing came back yet.

nning
Maybe we should hold a peaceful demonstration outside the PERM processing office in Chicago. I am tired of waiting, filed first week of June, still waiting.

PERM approved

Hi all,

Applied on 10/31/2005
Certified on 11/03/2005
Received notice on 11/07/2005.
EB2 with BS+10Yrs. Principal S/W Eng.
Good luck to everybody else.

Congrats! I guess reading about fast approvals like these makes anyone wish they'd had filed in October. 12 out of 14 October cases known approved with an average wait of 15 days - not bad.

nannagc said:
Hi all,

Applied on 10/31/2005
Certified on 11/03/2005
Received notice on 11/07/2005.
EB2 with BS+10Yrs. Principal S/W Eng.
Good luck to everybody else.

Well, I applied on Oct. 25th 2005.
The Sponsorship mail was approved on Oct. 26th.
Status is "In Process" since then.
I am not sure where I am in
I have BS + 5 or MS +3. EB2.
Computer Systems Manager.

Then I have RIR in BEC filed in Oct. 2004.
All my friends went and bought pre-approved labor.

Waiting Since July

Waiting since July 6th (EB2 ).Missed the bus on Sep 30th.Send emails to DOL and got standard response.I have no clue what to do.

My company lawyer said we need a Masters to file under EB2 and filed under EB2 so I was under a impression that to file a EB2 we need a Master's Degree, per immigrationportal.com people are getting PERM approvals under EB2 with a BS + 5 years experience. Q) Does BS + 5 years experience considered as EB2 or do we require Master's Degree for EB2? If BS + 5 years experience is considered EB2, can we change from EB3 to EB2 after the application has been filed?
I already had 5 + years experience before I joined my current company.

Correction in my last Post

My company lawyer said we need a Masters to file under EB2 and filed under "EB3" Last month. I took his word for it and never bothered to speak to anyone else.

But per some postings on immigrationportal.com people are getting PERM approvals under EB2 with a BS + 5 years experience. Q) Does BS + 5 years experience considered as EB2 or do we require Master's Degree for EB2? If BS + 5 years experience is considered EB2, can we change from EB3 to EB2 after the application has been filed?

Please Advise.

116 day "In Process"

Today, is has been 116 days since my PERM case was applied (07/22). According to the tracker the longest July case was approved after 115 days. The lawyer sent an inquiry last week to DOL but I'm not so optimistic about the outcome. I'm from a non-retrogressed country (EB2) and hoping to catch the last train before EB2 retrogresses world-wide. How come there are so many fast approvals from Oct whereas July and older months have been so forgotten. DOL sucks big time.

:mad:

support.gc said:

My company lawyer said we need a Masters to file under EB2 and filed under "EB3" Last month. I took his word for it and never bothered to speak to anyone else.

But per some postings on immigrationportal.com people are getting PERM approvals under EB2 with a BS + 5 years experience. Q) Does BS + 5 years experience considered as EB2 or do we require Master's Degree for EB2? If BS + 5 years experience is considered EB2, can we change from EB3 to EB2 after the application has been filed?

Please Advise.

BS and 5 year progressive experience after BS degree. The experience must be the same as what you apply the job for.

Yes, BS + 5 years experience is considered as EB2. You can't change now. You already done the recruitment process. The requirent should quialify for EB2 not your qualification.

support.gc said:

Please Advise.

I wish you good luck with you LC

javaguy1974 said:
Today, is has been 116 days since my PERM case was applied (07/22). According to the tracker the longest July case was approved after 115 days. The lawyer sent an inquiry last week to DOL but I'm not so optimistic about the outcome. I'm from a non-retrogressed country (EB2) and hoping to catch the last train before EB2 retrogresses world-wide. How come there are so many fast approvals from Oct whereas July and older months have been so forgotten. DOL sucks big time.

:mad:

My case is also pending 104 days and hope to be approved soon.

EB2, BS + 6 years. I am on my sixth year and miss the Sep 2005 boat. Wish me some luck guys.

Thanks

I think I lead the board for longest waiting.

EB2, BS + 6 years. Applied on June 6th, 2005. Still Waiting.

lakeside27 said:

EB2, BS + 6 years. I am on my sixth year and miss the Sep 2005 boat. Wish me some luck guys.

Thanks

Thanks and good luck to you too!

lakeside27 said:

Thanks