PC after CP.........

ssg03

Hi ssg03,

Hmm - we entered much later than you (may 25 vs. june13) - in our case, we have to wait i think - atleast 2 more weeks may be..
in you case, contact bcis again - may be u can wait till monday after july-4th.

all the best.
sriram.

SSN Card

Hi All,

Received our cards in one weeks time after our welcome letters.
my question is do we get our SSN Cards in the mail after the plastic card or do we have to go to the SSN Office for our SSN Cards.

Thanks,
VinCP.

SSN

Hi Vincp..

Normally you do not do anything special for SSN card ..

In our case I just wanted to complete the process and our county SS office is very close to where I live.. so decided to go there one day and they issued new cards after verifying the stamp on the passport.. we recieved the card in mail within one week..

hope this helps..

DMN

OLD SSN with NEW CARD

Hello Gurus,

I have one question on SSN column in DS 230 Part II.

I have social security number so I marked
that column as YES. It also ask whether I want new card issued to me. What should I fill there? ( YES or NO ).

What's the difference between new and old Social Security Number card?

Does social secury number remains the same?

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Neelakshi

Hi Sriram,
Yes, I think I will wait till monday and then call the BCIS again. Please update your status once you receive your cards. Good Luck!
ssg

welcome letters/PC not yet recd.

I have entered US on 6/12/03 from Detroit POE. My interview was on 5/22/03.
So far, I did not get welcome letters or PC.

Anyone in the same boat lime me? What should I do?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Puliraju.

JFK POE on June 20th 2003

POE-JFK on June 20th 2003
Received SS card within a week. Waiting for the card!
By the way, TEXAS center is no longer accepting call!!!!

Hi Puliraju,
My case is the same as yours. Had interview on 22 May, entered US in the last week of May, my husband got his card and welcome letter, but I did not. I tried contacting the BCIS, but there was no use, they just asked me to wait. If you know of any other thing we can do, please reply.
Thanks,
ssg

Online status....

Hi,

As I have posted earlier I entered US on 8th June and received
the welcome notice on 28th June.

Since I have not received the card yet I checked the online status
and it says.

'This case has been approved. On July 3, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice ..........'.

I am assuming that this is the BCIS's way of telling that the card
is on it's way.

Can someone who has seen this kind of message before give their opinion ?

Thanks.
Raju

Re: Online status....

Originally posted by Raju595
Hi,

As I have posted earlier I entered US on 8th June and received
the welcome notice on 28th June.

Since I have not received the card yet I checked the online status
and it says.

'This case has been approved. On July 3, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice ..........'.

I am assuming that this is the BCIS's way of telling that the card
is on it's way.

Can someone who has seen this kind of message before give their opinion ?

Thanks.
Raju

Raju,

Your plastic card is on the way. You should receive it with in next couple working days. Keep checking your USPS mail box daily till you receive the plastic card.

Congrats and Good Luck.

Still no SSN Cards

I am still waiting for our SSN Cards. Its been over one week receiving plastic cards, we have not yet received our SSN Cards.
Anybody in the same boat? I will wait for one more week, and then will go to the SSAdmin Office.

Cheers
VinCP.

Re: ssg03

Hi Sriram,
Like you said, I waited till today before contacting the BCIS and guess what, I got a notice saying that my photos are missing. Will send them first thing tomorrow and then will wait again and see if I receive anything in a few weeks. Just wanted to let you know. Hope you have got your card by now.
Thanks,
ssg

Originally posted by sriram2003
Hi ssg03,

Hmm - we entered much later than you (may 25 vs. june13) - in our case, we have to wait i think - atleast 2 more weeks may be..
in you case, contact bcis again - may be u can wait till monday after july-4th.

all the best.
sriram.

Welcome letter

An update:

POE-JFK-June 20th 2003
SS card-received within one week
Welcome letter- today 7/7/03
Plastic card-???

Re: Re: ssg03

Hi,

Got the Welcome letters yesterday july 7th.

In your case, it is just a matter of them getting the photos and doing the job - Good that you got an intimation requiring photos..

all the best.

Date of Entry : June 13th
Welcome Notice recd. : July 7th

Cheers,
Sriram.

Originally posted by ssg03
Hi Sriram,
Like you said, I waited till today before contacting the BCIS and guess what, I got a notice saying that my photos are missing. Will send them first thing tomorrow and then will wait again and see if I receive anything in a few weeks. Just wanted to let you know. Hope you have got your card by now.
Thanks,
ssg

Update

POE: June 11, Detroit.

SSN Card reced: June 19.

Welcome letters Reced: July 7 (only for two persons), waiting on for other two of the family.

Plastic:??????

Thanks,
Puliraju

Re: Update

Originally posted by Puliraju
POE: June 11, Detroit.

SSN Card reced: June 19.

Welcome letters Reced: July 7 (only for two persons), waiting on for other two of the family.

Plastic:??????

Thanks,
Puliraju

Hi all,

I have a quick question - Do we receive a new SSN card automatically after immigrating ? I saw a section in DS-230 Part II which specifically asks if we need a new SSN . I am wondering if we have to say "yes" to that question in order to receive the new SSN.

Thanks,
Kant.

New SSN

Yes.
We have to say "yes" to the question in DS Part II.

Our previous SSN card will have wording as "for employment with INS authorization only".

The new card will not have any endorsements on its face.

Thanks.
Puliraju

Re: New SSN

Originally posted by Puliraju
Yes.
We have to say "yes" to the question in DS Part II.

Our previous SSN card will have wording as "for employment with INS authorization only".

The new card will not have any endorsements on its face.

Thanks.
Puliraju

Puli,

Thanks for your response. So, do we get a new number when we say "yes" to the question or we get the old number with no endorsements ?

Thanks,
Kant.

Re: Re: New SSN

Originally posted by kant
Puli,

Thanks for your response. So, do we get a new number when we say "yes" to the question or we get the old number with no endorsements ?

Thanks,
Kant.

The SS number stays the same. The earlier notation is taken out.

Raju