PC after CP.........

It's a Sunday

Originally posted by Ranen
I received it today, May the 18th, 2003.
cheers!!
Ranen

Congrats for receiving your plastic card....

May 18th, 2003 was a Sunday....Anyway what matters is that you got your much awaited plastic card... Have a Sundae.....

Thanks.

SSN Updated/New cards

HI REcent Cpers in April/MAy,

IN the Cp Interview, Consulate has taken signed forms for issue of New SSNs for dependents who doesnt have SSNs & Corrected or Changed SSNs for people already having SSNs.

Does this mean, we will get the same along with the welcome letter or plastic card. OR we have to apply for SSNs separately with SSN Office.

Pl clarify.

Sri-IL

Re: SSN Updated/New cards

Originally posted by sri-IL
HI REcent Cpers in April/MAy,

IN the Cp Interview, Consulate has taken signed forms for issue of New SSNs for dependents who doesnt have SSNs & Corrected or Changed SSNs for people already having SSNs.

Does this mean, we will get the same along with the welcome letter or plastic card. OR we have to apply for SSNs separately with SSN Office.

Pl clarify.

Sri-IL

I have the same question. Do we just wait for the SS Administration to send the new SS cards OR do we approach them?

Thanks.
Raju

Re: Re: SSN Updated/New cards

Originally posted by Raju595
I have the same question. Do we just wait for the SS Administration to send the new SS cards OR do we approach them?

Thanks.
Raju

Raju,

You don't have to call SS Adminstration for anything. The new SS cards should arrive automatically. The SS card from SSA and the welcome letters will come from Texas Service center.

Mine new SS card with olde number came within a week after POE.

Thanks.

My SSN has not arrived yet..

Hi Guys,

POE was on 19th May (Los Angeles).
Welcome letter received in 2 weeks.
No SS Card or Plastic card yet.

Should I contact TSC? Or it's ok.

Thanks.

-Luit2001.

Re: My SSN has not arrived yet..

Originally posted by luit2001
Hi Guys,

POE was on 19th May (Los Angeles).
Welcome letter received in 2 weeks.
No SS Card or Plastic card yet.

Should I contact TSC? Or it's ok.

Thanks.

-Luit2001.

Replied in the other post. The plastic cards envelope is different from the welcome letters envelope. You should have the plastic card pretty soon (in a day or two). The SS cards will come from the local/regional SSA office. SS cards should be coming soon too.

Thanks.

Hi Friends,
I entered US (Chicago) on 25 May 2003 after CP in Chennai on 22 May 2003 but have not yet received the welcome letter. Should I be contacting the BCIS for this.
Experienced people please advice.
Thanks,
ssg03

Originally posted by ssg03
Hi Friends,
I entered US (Chicago) on 25 May 2003 after CP in Chennai on 22 May 2003 but have not yet received the welcome letter. Should I be contacting the BCIS for this.
Experienced people please advice.
Thanks,
ssg03

Some POEs are slower than others in sending the paper work to Texas Service Center, where BCIS orders the plastic cards. The time frame for this process is 3 to 6 months. You may want to contact the TSC, just to make sure all your paper work is in order.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,
Just wanted to update my status, entered US on May25 2003, got the welcome letter on June 14, 2003 and the card on June 16.
But my wife has still not received the welcome letter, so still waiting......
Good Luck to all expecting their cards!
ssg03.

received Welcome letter & plastic card in successive days

HI Folks,

POE- Chicago on 06/02/03
rcvd welcome ltr - 06/20/03 for all family(3 of us)
rcvd plastic card- 06/21/03 for me and my wife( awaiting my sons PC)

Advice requested on a issue

My wife has a big first name which is actually a two word name.( Rxxxx Mxxxxxx) In the A letter gvn to us in consulate, they had typed her first name in first name field only.

NOw the Plastic card and welcome letter arrived as FIRST name and INtial i.e Rxxxx M ( I presume the guy typing mistook the space inbetween words and keyed as MIDDLE name). I think thats what it means when there is a intial after name. Am I correct?

Should I have to refile her I90 or NOt bother abt this continue without any change.

SRI_IL

If I understand correctly the following is style of your wife's name:

First Name : Rxxxx Mxxxxxx
Middle name: -none-
Last Name: xxxxxxx

And, you got the letters and the plastic cards as following:

First Name : Rxxxx
Middle name or initial : M
Last name: xxxxxxx

If this is the case seek a change by filing the I-90 form unless
she wants to continue in the new style.

I have the same problem with a two word first name. I always
have to explain how it needs to be written.

Raju

thats the same pblm

Raju,

U can explain what u want and I did that very carefully at Consulate and cross checked too.

BUT the result is what matters. The person making the entry to INS computers thought otherwise( he wouldnt know our INDIAN STYLE of 2 word names) and typed. Now, I think SS card also will come in that style.

You know how much time this I-90 will take( almost a year). I donno whats the processing time for the NEW electronic filing for I-90( If it is around 2-3 months) best bet is to change or use the new style of name.

what future problems this may bring????

thanks

Sri-IL

Welcome Letter

Interview Date : May 21 Chennai
POE : June 08 JFK
Welcome letter: June 23rd.

dmn

Welcome notice received

An update:

Received the welcome notices ( two similar letters in two seperate covers ??) in mail today (28th June).

Date of entry: 8th June
Port of Entry: San Francisco
Received from California Service Center.

Raju

Update

Recd. GC

Date of Interview - 5/22 at NWD
POE - 06/02 Minneapolis
Welcome letters - 06/19
Cards recd. - 06/28

Thanks everybody..... & Good luck

\rahul07

Cards Re'vd

HI..

Interview.. May 21 chennai..
POE June 8 th JFK
Welcome letters .. June 24..

Went to Social security office.. showed them the stamp.. they sent us new SS cards in a week..

Card.... June 28th...

Thanks everybody and Rajeev Khanna for this portal..

DMN

no letter / card yet..

hi folks,

date of interview : May 28th
date of entry : June 13th
port of entry : newark - nj

till date there is no welcome letter / card in the mailbox.

as soon as i came in, i went to the local social sec admin office and applied for the corrected (with work permit) SS card for my wife which we got by filling up a application form and showing the passport's i-551 stamp.

any one else still waiting for welcome letter who attended interview in may / entered in june timeframe ?

anyone with newark-nj as POE ?

thanks
sriram.

Hi Sriram,
My husband and I entered the US on 25 May (POE: Chicago) , he got his welcome letter and card and I have not got mine yet. Interview was on May22. Tried to contact the BCIS, but they just asked me to wait for some more time, was not even able to find out if there was something missing in my file. Did you try contacting the BCIS? If yes, what did they say? Do let me know. Experienced people please advice on what should be done.
Thanks a lot,
-ssg