PC after CP.........

dineshgk

Registered Users (C)
Hello All who have or soon would be completing the CP Successfully...

After CP.....Then comes a questions when would the PC (Plastic Card) be sent ????

It all depends on your Post of Entry. Depending upon your POE your case will further be sent to one of the four centers. For example my POE was Chicago and my case was sent to Texas.

It has been almost 4 weeks since my POE and have not received my PC yet. So the I finally digged out a contact info. In case of Texas the contact info is (214) 381 1423. It is very very hard to get this number but once you get it then they are courteous enough to answer about the status. What is the address they would me mailing and stuff.... You need your Alien# in order to talk to them.

I hope I get my PC soon. For others in question can contact above no.

Best Wishes to All,

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, the practice is that all cards for CP cases are produced by TSC, regardless of your POE. This has been true for at least the last three years and likely longer. There was a time a couple of years ago that those who entered through POEs in California received their cards elsewhere, but that changed back to TSC since then.

Originally posted by dineshgk
Hello All who have or soon would be completing the CP Successfully...

After CP.....Then comes a questions when would the PC (Plastic Card) be sent ????

It all depends on your Post of Entry. Depending upon your POE your case will further be sent to one of the four centers. For example my POE was Chicago and my case was sent to Texas.

It has been almost 4 weeks since my POE and have not received my PC yet. So the I finally digged out a contact info. In case of Texas the contact info is (214) 381 1423. It is very very hard to get this number but once you get it then they are courteous enough to answer about the status. What is the address they would me mailing and stuff.... You need your Alien# in order to talk to them.

I hope I get my PC soon. For others in question can contact above no.

Best Wishes to All,

===============
At what time you did you call them ? I'm trying hard and yet to get through !!
Please post when you get your card.
cheers!!
Ranen

Hello,

I called the 800 number from www.immigration.gov and they said that the Cards are sent to be prrpared and distributed depending on your POE. She told that since my POE was chicago it was sent to Texas. She gave me the above number and also mentioned that it is hard to get this number but even then I took the number.

It takes a long long time to get it... I called between 10.00 am and 12.00 noon Eastern time. It took a lot of effort to get thru...

But once I got thru the person told me that they had received my case just a day before and it would take anout 3 to 6 weeks to get the card. He confirmed the address the card would be sent....

I did all this research because I would be moving soon. The representative told me to call back if by moving time we do not get the card to change the address on file. Because the Post office does not forward letter relating to INS or any government related stuff.

I shall post as soon as I hear anything.....

Ranen.... I think you should be receiving your Letter and Card soon.

GoodLuck,

Dineshgk,
Thanks for the info and wish. The same number (texas one) was on the welcome letter of my wife and kid.Anyway, every morning I think that it is going to be THE DAY for me, but at the end of the afternoon, my disappointment keeps on rising.I don't know what to do. Me and my wife called the 214 number but failed to get through. I'll keep on trying. Fact is that me,my wife and kid had the same POE and DOE, but they got the card just prior to the official merge of Home security and INS (BCIS) and it was within three weeks of our arrival.But my luck didn't turn out to be good. anyway, I hope you will be getting the card soon too !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Hello Ranen,

Did you get your Letter yet ?

We got a letter both for me and my wife yesterday. I hope we get the card in two weeks or else I will have to call them and tell them to send it to new address.

GoodLuck,

welcome letter

Hi,

Does anyone know, how longit takes to get a card after receiving "Welcome Letter"?

Here are my details:

POE @ Atlanta - 3/20/2003
Welcome Letter - 3/31/2003
Place of residence - Dallas

Dineshgk,

As per experiences I have heard, try using mail forward instead of "change of address" with INS. They take little too long to process new address on any kind of applications.

As per my conversation, I was told that Postal services DO NOT FORWARD any INS related mails. These are sent back to INS.

dinesh & other stamped CPers

HI,

If I remember correctly all Cpers entering thru any POE( ex: las/sfo/chicago/nyc), their cases will be sent to ONLY Texas service centre. That was happening previously. Is there any change now??

From your postings it is presumed that they are sending different service centre as per their POE. But ultimatley I am finding all your cases being handled by only TEXAS service centre.

FYI & Clarifications pl.

SRI-IL
Hello,

I called the 800 number from www.immigration.gov and they said that the Cards are sent to be prrpared and distributed depending on your POE. She told that since my POE was chicago it was sent to Texas. She gave me the above number and also mentioned that it is hard to get this number but even then I took the number.

It takes a long long time to get it... I called between 10.00 am and 12.00 noon Eastern time. It took a lot of effort to get thru...

But once I got thru the person told me that they had received my case just a day before and it would take anout 3 to 6 weeks to get the card. He confirmed the address the card would be sent....

I did all this research because I would be moving soon. The representative told me to call back if by moving time we do not get the card to change the address on file. Because the Post office does not forward letter relating to INS or any government related stuff.

I shall post as soon as I hear anything.....

Ranen.... I think you should be receiving your Letter and Card soon.

GoodLuck,

I dont know what our fellow Cpers have posted... But all I can say is that I was told this by a representative I talked from BCIS. She told that the cases are finally sent to one of the four centers where the letter and cards are developed and mailed accordingly.

GoodLuck,

As per my conversation, I was told that Postal services DO NOT FORWARD any INS related mails. These are sent back to INS.

The envelope in which the card is sent has only a PO box return address. Does not mention INS/BCIS on it or that it should not be forwarded. Post office should be able to forward it

Hello Ranen,

Did you get your Letter yet ?

We got a letter both for me and my wife yesterday. I hope we get the card in two weeks or else I will have to call them and tell them to send it to new address.

GoodLuck,
======================

Nope not yet. Congrats for your good news.
cheers!!
Ranen

No more arguments on the mail should be forward or not by Post Office.... I DONT KNOW... I am telling what I was told by BCIS. You all might proceed the way you think Right.... All I have posted here is what I WAS TOLD... NOT WHAT I THINK.

GoodLuck to All.

Ranen.....

Suggestion for calling that Texas number is that..... Call... Disconnect.... Quick Redial.... I know this is frustrating... But you might get thru... It takes a lot of patience to get it.... Infact two times what happened was that I was in the flow of dialing and disconnecting that I even disconnected after the phone rang... Ha Ha... So silly of me but anyway keep trying.

Dont forget to have your Alien # when you call... First time when I called they asked for either A# or the Case #... Since I did not have it I had to call again next day with .... Call... Disconnect... Quick Redial..... and lots and lots of patience.

You should have it soon.

GoodLuck,

dineshgk,
Thanks for the tips. Today, I was through after an hour of effort !!! And the information officer mentioned that the card is delayed for missing scanned image of my photograph(everything else , fingerprint,signature everything is fine, accord to her) - she even asked me whether I submitted photograph or not.Anyway at the end of our conversation, it comes out that I need to wait for another 3 weeks as that officer will ask for my file and will see whether the photograph is there or not. Asked me call after 3 weeks on 800 number !!! So, for the time being :(

STILL cheers!!

Ranen

Ranen....

I understand it is very unfortunate and also very frustrating that such things happen at this stage too.... That was merely a bad luck....

But we are lucky that atleast everything went on fine to this point... And ofcourse the card will get to us sooner or later... It is atleast not a DO or DIE situations now... We have passed that.

The other good thing now is that now since you have talked to them you know what is going on with your case and you can follow up accordingly. The best part is that you know whom to contact and how... :)

I think you are from calcutta.... After all this is done... We should have RasGullaas....

GoodLuck,

Ranen/dineshgk,

What does your case status say on-line? I tried using receipt number on welcome letter and it says it has been approved. Does this mean card is on it's way or means that case doesn't have any problems?

Since you have some "welcome letter" in your family, can you check status on their receipt numbers?

Ranen....

I understand it is very unfortunate and also very frustrating that such things happen at this stage too.... That was merely a bad luck....

But we are lucky that atleast everything went on fine to this point... And ofcourse the card will get to us sooner or later... It is atleast not a DO or DIE situations now... We have passed that.

The other good thing now is that now since you have talked to them you know what is going on with your case and you can follow up accordingly. The best part is that you know whom to contact and how... :)

I think you are from calcutta.... After all this is done... We should have RasGullaas....

GoodLuck,

-------===============

I appreciate your gesture. And, yes,I'm from Calcutta. You will only have Rosogolla if I get my card before June.
Thanks for cheering me up !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Hello gpiyush.....

You have received your Welcome Letter.... And this itself means that everything is OK.... You should not be getting your card anytime....

Ranen and All..... I got the card yesterday..... After 3 days of the Letter.....

GoodLuck to All,