PC after CP.........

Interview Date : June 20th
POE : Newark NJ
DOE : July 4th

Guess it is too early to expect anything from BCIS. After reading the posts, I am bit concerned about the 'missing' photograph issue, which inturn delays the PC. Interestly though the consular officer in Chennai has stapled my photographs and my wife's snaps together to her passport.

Is the immigration officer at the POE supposed to take these off or they have a separate set in the documents ( in the enclosed envelope) ?

Thanks

Photographs in the packet

Originally posted by cpwaltair2

Guess it is too early to expect anything from BCIS. After reading the posts, I am bit concerned about the 'missing' photograph issue, which inturn delays the PC. Interestly though the consular officer in Chennai has stapled my photographs and my wife's snaps together to her passport.

Is the immigration officer at the POE supposed to take these off or they have a separate set in the documents ( in the enclosed envelope) ?

Thanks

There is photograph on top of the immigrant visa, which an individual gets on his/her sucessful interview. The reason the consular officer gave back a photograph with the passport is due to the reason that it was an extra photograpgh submitted by you.

Everything is normal in your case. You were not supposed to give any photograph on the POE. Only fingerprints are taken at the POE.

You should receive the welcome letters and the plastic card pretty soon.

Thanks.

Thanks

As cpDelhi has already posted this is a normal procedure. When
they ask for 3 photographs , they (the consulate) are stapling
the 3rd un-signed photograph to the individual's passport.

One reason I see is, this helps if the appearance of the person
changes over the period.

In your case they may have stapled both of them to one passport
by oversight.

Raju

Update

I have received multiple welcome letters today. Three for each of the family members.
POE: 6/11/03.
Welcome letters: 7/5/03 for two members.
7/9/03 for all, three copies each!!

Plastic: Not yet.

Thanks,
Puliraju

Update

POE - 6/16/2003 Chicago (Myself, Wife and Daughter)
Welcome Letter - 7/1/2003 (2 Copies each???)
Plastic Card - 7/7/2003 - All 3
SS card - Waiting....

bjajal

Hi:

Just wondering that howlong do I have to wait to call BCIS...

POE : Memphis
Date : 22/June/2003

No welcome letter..
No SSN...

Any hints would be appreciated...

Thanks,

sv

Update

POE : Chicago
DOE : 06/24/2003
Welcome letter rcvd : 07/10/2003 (2 copies separately)
SSN : not yet
PC : not yet

(Family will enter on 08/15/03 at Newark NJ)

how long

How long it's going to take to get welcome letters, PC and new SSN.

My aprtment property owenr decided to convert the current apartments to condomnium homes and asking us to move into a highraise building in the same complex by Augyst 4th, they are provinding moving compensation + two months free rent as well but I must move.

My POE is in chicago and DOE is on July 8th. Do you think I can get cards by then (August end), I am also going to get special provision to keep mail box until mid sep.

Do you think I will get all my stuff by then or is it better to update them with the new address right away.

Thanks,

Hi

Most probably you will get the cards by then.

Even otherwise you can ask your post office to hold your mail (not to forward) so that you can collect it personally everyday.

dmn

Got the PC

POE : Chicago
DOE : 06/24/2003
Welcome letter rcvd : 07/10/2003 (2 copies separately)
SSN : not yet
PC : 07/18/2003

plastic cards rcvd

date of interview : May 28th
date of entry : June 13th : port of entry : newark - nj
welcome letters : july 7th
plastic cards : July 18th

all the best to all of u folks and future CPers.

regards,
sriram.

Card received........

Interview date: 23rd of May
Date of entry: 8th June.
Port of Entry: San Francisco
Welcome Letters: 28thJune.
Card received: 8th July

May need to contact the service center and file I-90 because I do not see my middle name on the card.

Raju

Re: plastic cards rcvd

Originally posted by sriram2003
date of interview : May 28th
date of entry : June 13th : port of entry : newark - nj
welcome letters : july 7th
plastic cards : July 18th

all the best to all of u folks and future CPers.

regards,
sriram.

Congrats sriram. Looks like it will be about 5 weeks since DOE for Newark to process and get a PC. I entered on July 4th, have to wait for some more time I guess.

BTW, what kind of post did you get the cards in?

Is it ordinary post or not?

Is anything written (special instructions)on the envelope, to say that it is from INS/BCIS and not to forward etc? I will be moving from my current residence this month end, and planning to give a forwarding address at the Post office. Hope this should not create any problem.

Thanks

PC recieved

DOE: June 12
POE: Detroit
Welcome letters: July 1
PC: July 18.

PC is received by ordinary post. Does not mention where it comes from. On the top window it says " PO Box 75148, Mesquite, TX.
On the bottom window will be our address.

You cannot make out what it is. Sometimes you may throw that away in the bunch of credit card solicitation letters!

Comes in ordinary post. Not even first class. Just like mass mailing letters.

Thanks,
Puliraju

PC received.

Interview date: June 16th 2003
POE-JFK, June 20th 2003
SSN card-Within 7-10days.
Welcome letter-July 7th 2003
PC card-July 19th 2003

Thanks everyone for providing lots of helpful tips and info.
A quick question.........I got my GC through employment and I was wondering if someone has any idea as to what would be considered a reasonable time frame by INS/ law for changing employer. Thanks in advance.

Raju595

Did not see mention of SSN card in your latest posting. Does it have middle name missing as well?
How important is it to insist on middle name on PC and SSN???
Thanks.

Re: Re: plastic cards rcvd

It is ordinary post. Just like the welcome letter if you had recieved one..
Cheers,
Sriram.

Congrats sriram. Looks like it will be about 5 weeks since DOE for Newark to process and get a PC. I entered on July 4th, have to wait for some more time I guess.

BTW, what kind of post did you get the cards in?

Is it ordinary post or not?

Is anything written (special instructions)on the envelope, to say that it is from INS/BCIS and not to forward etc? I will be moving from my current residence this month end, and planning to give a forwarding address at the Post office. Hope this should not create any problem.

Thanks