My EAD got Approved for me and my spouse yesterday

I-140 Notice date 06/24/2003

I-485/131/765 Mail in date:09/30/2003
Receipt date:10/01/2003
Notice date:10/03/2003

Approveal Date:12/10/2003

congrats narmis

antropeter,
when i was checking online status, USCIS is working on October 3 and 4th at present. so i think i should hear something by end of next week.

Re: New member

phillyjulylc,
rd is the receipt notice that u get back from UPS or FedEx.

nd is the notification date that USCIS sends u. Its a standard form with the EAC no. on it.

90 days is from ND.

The law for I485 is not clear. Some people say it starts after u apply for I-485, some say its valid only after I140 is cleared. So things are a bit confusing here after USCIS started concurrent filing.

Originally posted by PhillyJulyLC
Hello everyone! New to this forum - just got labor cleared and I-140/I-485 concurrent filing expected next week. Will add my info in the tracker when filing is done. I see you guys are doing great in helping each other out and can't wait to join you...

Now here's my first question: according to the USCIS processing time report, "The date shown is the application receipt date that is currently being processed by the Service Center", it sounds to me the receipt date matters most instead of the ND as some people pointed out. Specifically, when does the clock for 90 days of EAD waiting and 180 days for 485 start ticking? The RD or ND? Thanks for your input...

guys,
pl see the attached script i ran for I765. its for EAC0400350001 to EAC0400350100.
If u want to run the attached script for another dates,
press Alt + F8 and follow prompts. But do not scan more than 300 cases as USCIS limits no. of scans for a particular IP address in a day. If someone is scanning for a particular date, we would appreciate if he/she can post the result here for everyone to see. Also, I scanned EAC04004 series. But there are no approvals yet.

Re: Re: New member

Originally posted by pathikb
phillyjulylc,
rd is the receipt notice that u get back from UPS or FedEx.

nd is the notification date that USCIS sends u. Its a standard form with the EAC no. on it.

90 days is from ND.

The law for I485 is not clear. Some people say it starts after u apply for I-485, some say its valid only after I140 is cleared. So things are a bit confusing here after USCIS started concurrent filing.
But aren't there both a Notice Date and a Receipt Date specified on the notice from USCIS? I am talking about the "official" receipt date instead of the date you believe your package get to the office (like with next day fedex, you know it's there the next day.) Please clarify if you can...thanks!

Re: Re: Re: New member

Guys my wild guess is.....

Once the USCIS receives the petition, they key-in the details into the computer.... and the date they do that is Receipt Date and once they inspect all the docs and printout the notice, that date is called as Notice date. I think the 180 days or whatever rule is counted from the receipt date..... the date when the USCIS has officially received your petition. BUT I DONT GUARANTEE THAT MY GUESS IS CORRECT...... its better to consult your lawyer.... I also think that there is no need to discuss much on this, because the difference between these two dates, most of the time, are less than seven days, and many times its just one day!

We all are waiting for this process for a long time, i dont mind waiting for one more week!!! :)

good luck,
A

But aren't there both a Notice Date and a Receipt Date specified on the notice from USCIS? I am talking about the "official" receipt date instead of the date you believe your package get to the office (like with next day fedex, you know it's there the next day.) Please clarify if you can...thanks!

Re: Re: Re: New member

no....there is only one date and USCIS calls it a receipt date. we call it notice date. receipt or notice date that u get from USCIS has an EAC #. this notice date need not be the date that USCIS recieved ur case. its actually the date when they entered ur case into the system for a long wait. say for example, i had mailed my stuff on october 5th. my lawyer got an acknowledgement that USCIS received it on October 6th. but the date on the notice form that u get from USCIS is october 9th. so although it had reached USCIS on october 6th, my actual receipt date is October 9th. hopwe this is clear now.

From what i have read in other thread is that Reciept Date is the day they recieve your package through Fedex or USPS etc. Then they enter the data in the system and prints out a reciept and that becomes your Notice date. Dates are usually counted from RD, also if you check the current status of VSC in USCIS website, it says everywhere "from the date of reciept". But again as per antropeter it is a hardly a difference of 2 to 7 days. so why bother so much on that.

http://www.immigration.com/frame/eprocessingtimevtfr.html

Originally posted by vicky_usa
From what i have read in other thread is that Reciept Date is the day they recieve your package through Fedex or USPS etc. Then they enter the data in the system and prints out a reciept and that becomes your Notice date. Dates are usually counted from RD, also if you check the current status of VSC in USCIS website, it says everywhere "from the date of reciept". But again as per antropeter it is a hardly a difference of 2 to 7 days. so why bother so much on that.

http://www.immigration.com/frame/eprocessingtimevtfr.html
Thanks for the clarification from both of you. I agree that difference of a few days is not that a big deal. It only matters when you are waiting for EAD to start working, and it happens that 90 days have passed and whether you go to the local office for an interim EAD now or a couple of weeks later... Now I think I understand the concepts. Thanks...

Hi,
Can some one please update the tracker with my info.

I-140 & I-485 concurrent filing under future employment.
Category : EB3

MD : 11/21/2003 ( According to the Attorney )

RD/ND : 12/02/2003

Received in my mail : 12/10/2003

Thanks guys,
Kiran

updated I765 scan

Friends,
pl see the attached I765 scan for EAC0400350001 - EAC0400350300.

vicky_usa,
since u r very active in this thread and if u don't mind if u can scan EAC0400350301 - EAC0400350600, we would really appreciate it. some one else wants to scan, they can scan EAC0400350601 onwards.

I think this will pretty much give us the idea what's going on with the approval process. Once I765 is successful, we can start scanning I131 and then I140. If u guys don't like the idea of doing this, then let me know, I won't post the results.
Pl. comment if we should do this or not.

Thanks,
pathik

pathikb

i will run the script from my home not from my office. i will run it tonight and will post the same tomorrow morning.

vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.