October/November/December 2003 I-140/I-485 Concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want_GC2002

Received date (RD): The date your application was received at USCIS. This is usually 3-5 days from your mailing date. If you fedExed the parcel u can get the date from FedEx tracking number.

Notice date(ND): Once USCIS receives your application package, they assign a case number and send you a Notice. The date mentioned in the notice is the Notice Date. The processing time published by AILA/USCIS are based on ND.

Tendulkar

You should get your receipt notice within 30-40 days the application was received at USCIS.

You can get WorkPermit (I765) even without applying for AP (I131). Both are not dependent. You require AP only if you plan to leave US before your GC is approved.

Even after you get your Receipt notice it is NOT guaranteed that the local office will issue a workpermit. It is at the discretion of the official you meet at the local office.

HTH
dyno

I understand that there is a initial screening process of the 140 application and a RFE is issued if there is anything that the UCIS think that be incorrect .

My question is ,
1. Do they normally follow this process OR
2. Do we have to wait for you dates to to current before a RFE can be issued ?

If so does anyone know how long it takes for the UCIS to issue the initial RFE .

Any thoughts..
Rotny

Originally posted by Rotny
I understand that there is a initial screening process of the 140 application and a RFE is issued if there is anything that the UCIS think that be incorrect .

My question is ,
1. Do they normally follow this process OR
They seem to be following, otherwise there is no way we can justify a few early 140 approvals (some 140s get approved within 30-60 days). Also in one of Murthy's chat session I read that USCIS does a cursory review of your documents (which includes your LC, 140 etc.
2. Do we have to wait for you dates to to current before a RFE can be issued ?
YES. Do we have any other option? Elsewhere in the forum I had read that peple submit their 140 without a educational equivalence or by not attaching any one required document in a hope that an RFE is generated early. But if I were you, I would never take that risk.

If so does anyone know how long it takes for the UCIS to issue the initial RFE .
As I said USCIS doesn't follow any standard procedure. If your stars are right your might get an RFE (or an approval) in just about 30-60 days.

HTH
dyno

Any thoughts..
Rotny

evaluation certificate

Hi,
I did concurrent filling nov '23 2003 I140/485/EAD. I provided only one copy of my education evaluation certificate. Some are saying , I140 and I485 needs to separate copies, Is it true.

Folks please shed some light on me.

Thanx

I dont think we need to produce any kind of addtional Education Eval ?? Do we ??

I thought only when a RFE is issued do you need a Edu Eval done .

Please let me know otherwise .
Rotny

even i don't think my lawyer have send any kind of education eval. i think it only matters when USCIS ask for one.

I dont think we need to produce any kind of addtional Education Eval ?? Do we ??

Rotny

EDU EVAL

My attorney has sent the Education eval with I-140. It is required with I-140. Usually the lawyer will have a copy of it with them as the same must have been submitted when you have filed for labor.

Originally posted by pathikb
even i don't think my lawyer have send any kind of education eval. i think it only matters when USCIS ask for one.

No, edu evaluation is not a required document. But during the last year or so, many RFEs were raised for edu eval. So it kind of became a std practice to attach edu eval with 140, in a hope to avoid an RFE.

HTH
dyno

Rotny

Last edited by a moderator:
CHECKS

guys i guess you all must be aware by now. But 140 and 485 packets are returned back to attorneys by USCIS because the new requirement is to write the CHECKS in favor of "CIS". Those who are mailing new must take this in notice and check with your attorney.

Vicky,

I see that your ND is 10/24 , I have the same ND as well and I already received the receipt number from BCIS . Are you saying that even after receiving the receipt back from the UCIS they send stuff back to the lawyer ?? I don’t understand....

Rotny

This happened after my filing of I-140. I got my reciept for I-140, but when i was about to file for I-485, couple of 485 packets sent by my attorney were returned with the note to issue checks in favor of "CIS". Fortunately this information came before my 485 packet was about to be sent, i had to cancel the checks issued in favor of DHS and reissue in favor of CIS

vicky

Vicky,

I see that your ND is 10/24 , I have the same ND as well and I already received the receipt number from BCIS . Are you saying that even after receiving the receipt back from the UCIS they send stuff back to the lawyer ?? I don’t understand....

Rotny

Hi still tha does not anwer the question

I sent in favor BCIS
my receipt date is 10/23/2003 concurrent filling.

I don't think so, because , if that is the case ,my lawyer did not say anything about returned packets

I think so too . My lawyer sent in my case on 28th and I got the recepit number on the 3rd .

I am not sure if they would give a recepit number without cashing the check ...

Rotny

my attorney email sent on Nov 5th

From my attorney (dated Nov 5th)

If you have not mailed your checks for the service center yet, please make them payable to "CIS" as we have recently had packets returned from the service center because the
checks were made out to "DHS". This is the only instance of this happening, but it might be wise to make the checks out to "CIS" just to be safe.

Thanks

Originally posted by vicky_usa
This happened after my filing of I-140. I got my reciept for I-140, but when i was about to file for I-485, couple of 485 packets sent by my attorney were returned with the note to issue checks in favor of "CIS". Fortunately this information came before my 485 packet was about to be sent, i had to cancel the checks issued in favor of DHS and reissue in favor of CIS

vicky

Now I see why your packet was returned. You are supposed to write check to either INS, BCIS, USCIS or CIS. Checks written to DHS will not be accepted.

dyno

Well my check was written to DHS for I-140 and it was cashed. Moreover my packet was not returned. Others packets were returned.

Anyway, i just wanted to check with you guys who filed 140 and 485 together. do you guys get TWO reciept number (one for 140 and one for 485) i.e two different EAC reciept numbers

vicky

Originally posted by dynobuoy
Now I see why your packet was returned. You are supposed to write check to either INS, BCIS, USCIS or CIS. Checks written to DHS will not be accepted.

dyno

Status
Not open for further replies.