October 2011 Filers

Thanks Sweet15 and BigBull! Yesterday got interview letter by mail. It will also be in Federal Plaza, at 9am. Secretly wished for 7.30 to avoid stressful hours of worrying :) But 9 is fine.

@id0mu Yay! Fantastic! I wish you a quick and pleasant interview.

My dad goes GREEEEEEEEEEEN

At last, the card has been ordered. I went in the District Office yesterday to inquire about the delay. We recd the Request for Evidence on 2/24 and subsequently sent the documents and it reached them on 2/29. It was 5.5 months since we applied and was starting to worry about it, dad was jittery about some unfinished commitments back in India. She asked us to wait for 30 days and then come back if we have not recd. anything by then. We were pretty upset about the delay in an otherwise easy case.. Lo and behold, got the email today that Card Production has been ordered. So, how long does it take for the card to reach us??

Got the card in the mail yesterday. Our interview lasted about 5 minutes but the wait to be called was over 2 hours.

Congratulations! Tell more details about what officer asked, what documents looked at.

Pretty much we were just sworn in and the interviewer asked my wife how we met. He just asked for joint bank/utility statements, current tax returns and originals of documents we sent in. Never asked for the photos...

At last, the card has been ordered. I went in the District Office yesterday to inquire about the delay. We recd the Request for Evidence on 2/24 and subsequently sent the documents and it reached them on 2/29. It was 5.5 months since we applied and was starting to worry about it, dad was jittery about some unfinished commitments back in India. She asked us to wait for 30 days and then come back if we have not recd. anything by then. We were pretty upset about the delay in an otherwise easy case.. Lo and behold, got the email today that Card Production has been ordered. So, how long does it take for the card to reach us??

Once it is mailed you should get it in 2 days, It is sent out in Priority Mail.

Congrats to GC recipients, good luck to upcoming interview-ees

Congrats to ssampy and barts on finishing their [2-year] GC journey! It's Miller time- or do people not say that any more?

Good luck to Sweet15 and id0mu for tomorrow and the 10th, respectively. It must've felt like forever, but you guys are almost there. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

My wife took advantage of the GC immediately and went to visit her parents back in Korea. We'll see how much she likes being a permanent resident when she hits the US passport and permanent residents line at airport immigration on the way back!

I had my interview this morning. We waited 2 hours before they called us in. it was busy today. So busy it was that they sent us to another floor for the interview (had about 7 or so couples waiting in our room).

We were called in about 12.30 with a nice gentleman who immediately apologised for the delay. He swore us in and asked for our IDs. He said he was backed up so he was basically just taking what ever evidence he wanted so he can have alook at it later to determine his decision. He explained that because he was so busy that day he couldn't give a decision on my case because he didn't have time to review my case. He took from us our joint bank statements, tax return for this yr, life insurance and 401k showing me as my husbands benefierary, some photos, I-94 card, affidavit from my Father-in-law stating we live with him. As I was going through my papers he kept saying no I don't need this, I don't need that. He asked to see my health insurance card. He also asked to see our son's BC. We spoke mostly about our son (he's 2 yrs old). He asked my husband what time our son goes to bed and that was that. He then told us about his 16mth old daughter, so my husband and him were mostly talking about the kids. He asked me about 4 or 5 of the yes/no questions.

He said we should have a decision within 30 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we hear something sooner rather than later and that it is good news. The interview lasted about 10 mins.

Back to checking my email every few hours or so now. Had a nice month long break from doing that.

I had my interview this morning. We waited 2 hours before they called us in. it was busy today. So busy it was that they sent us to another floor for the interview (had about 7 or so couples waiting in our room).

We were called in about 12.30 with a nice gentleman who immediately apologised for the delay. He swore us in and asked for our IDs. He said he was backed up so he was basically just taking what ever evidence he wanted so he can have alook at it later to determine his decision. He explained that because he was so busy that day he couldn't give a decision on my case because he didn't have time to review my case. He took from us our joint bank statements, tax return for this yr, life insurance and 401k showing me as my husbands benefierary, some photos, I-94 card, affidavit from my Father-in-law stating we live with him. As I was going through my papers he kept saying no I don't need this, I don't need that. He asked to see my health insurance card. He also asked to see our son's BC. We spoke mostly about our son (he's 2 yrs old). He asked my husband what time our son goes to bed and that was that. He then told us about his 16mth old daughter, so my husband and him were mostly talking about the kids. He asked me about 4 or 5 of the yes/no questions.

He said we should have a decision within 30 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we hear something sooner rather than later and that it is good news. The interview lasted about 10 mins.

Back to checking my email every few hours or so now. Had a nice month long break from doing that.

At least this part is over for you (the stressful waiting for interview). I'm sure you will receive email soon!!

Congrats on your interview.

Hey there! I am so glad I can finally post here. I was wishing that you would post your interview experience today coz I am next in line. So thank you so much for sharing. Keep us posted of the outcome. Wish you much success with your interview. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
At least this part is over for you (the stressful waiting for interview). I'm sure you will receive email soon!!

Thanks. The fact that he didn't ask me anything really can either be taken two ways. 1 is that he didn't see a problem approving my case or 2 that he was so busy and was trying to just rush through the interview that he didn't gather enough info from us making it harder to determine our outcome when he later reviews our case, plus he didn't take much stuff from us or looked at much. It sucks not knowing and worrying about it so much. I keep thinking what if he denies my case? I just want it to be done and over.

Good luck on your interview next week. Here's hoping you have better luck than I do

Hey there! I am so glad I can finay post here. I was wishing that you would post your interview experience today coz I am next in line. So thank you so much for sharing. Keep us posted of the outcome. Wish you much success with your interview. :)

Thanks. When is your interview?

I-130 Approved

Got an email stating that I-130 was approved! Now just waiting and hoping they approve I-485 as well

My interview

Got an email stating that I-130 was approved! Now just waiting and hoping they approve I-485 as well

My interview was on April 3rd at 1.45 PM. I went there early with my husband and my attorney. It was only 4-5 couples waiting when I first arrived around 1.00 and then it got packed. I went for my interview around 2.30. My IO seemed pretty run down. The questions were simple. She asked my husband to confirm his DOB and name and same for me. Then she asked if I have any family in the US and I said no. Asked me about my siblings, how many, younger or older. She asked my husband where we met. That was the interview.

She wrote on my passport something along the lines of Section - I 245 my alien number and the date along with her name. She handed me a paper stating that they will review my file and give me a decision in 60 DAYS! Seems like forever.

She didn't ask to see any pictures or any joint documents. I am not sure what to think of it..

One more thing... My attorney did not apply for I-130 and I-485 together.. My I-130 was filed in sept of 2010 and was approved in June of 2011, followed by filing I-485.

Sweet15 : Did your IO write anything on your passport??

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was on April 3rd at 1.45 PM. I went there early with my husband and my attorney. It was only 4-5 couples waiting when I first arrived around 1.00 and then it got packed. I went for my interview around 2.30. My IO seemed pretty run down. The questions were simple. She asked my husband to confirm his DOB and name and same for me. Then she asked if I have any family in the US and I said no. Asked me about my siblings, how many, younger or older. She asked my husband where we met. That was the interview.

She wrote on my passport something along the lines of Section - I 245 my alien number and the date along with her name. She handed me a paper stating that they will review my file and give me a decision in 60 DAYS! Seems like forever.

She didn't ask to see any pictures or any joint documents. I am not sure what to think of it..

One more thing... My attorney did not apply for I-130 and I-485 together.. My I-130 was filed in sept of 2010 and was approved in June of 2011, followed by filing I-485.

Sweet15 : Did your IO write anything on your passport??

No he didn't write anything in my passport. Futher from that he didn't even look at it. We didn't get any paper either. Wow, they sooo busy that they can't give no one a decision right away? I hope we all hear something soon because I'm going out of my mind here.

No he didn't write anything in my passport. Futher from that he didn't even look at it. We didn't get any paper either. Wow, they sooo busy that they can't give no one a decision right away? I hope we all hear something soon because I'm going out of my mind here.

I guess they all work differently. I know how difficult it is to just sit tight and wait but that is all we can do at this point. I searched the net to see if writing on the passport by IO is standard and found out that its not uncommon but not a sure thing either. We can't interpret it to mean a good thing or a bad thing.

Hang in there and keep us posted, I will do the same.