October 2011 Filers

The interview went well. We waited about 1/2 hour; the interview lasted about 30 mins... My husband was so nervous, that he forgot which year I was born. On the other hand I was asked what's his Father's name and I kept saying his step-Father's name... The officer asked for documents that we haven't submit with application. I gave 2011 tax transcripts, certified copy of marriage certificate, new bills, bank statements, travel itineraries-past and future. Then he looked at our album, picked few photos. Asked me how we met. He told that he's going to recommend us for approval and that we should receive the card in about 2 weeks.

You're good. My notification came four days after the interview. Relax, you'll be smiling soon.
The interview went well. We waited about 1/2 hour; the interview lasted about 30 mins... My husband was so nervous, that he forgot which year I was born. On the other hand I was asked what's his Father's name and I kept saying his step-Father's name... The officer asked for documents that we haven't submit with application. I gave 2011 tax transcripts, certified copy of marriage certificate, new bills, bank statements, travel itineraries-past and future. Then he looked at our album, picked few photos. Asked me how we met. He told that he's going to recommend us for approval and that we should receive the card in about 2 weeks.

Congrats on your interview. One of us got news right away thats good. A week and still waiting. I just don't understand what the hold up is

Congrats on your interview. One of us got news right away thats good. A week and still waiting. I just don't understand what the hold up is

Thanks! We are not approved yet, the IO only told that he will recommend for approval... Online status is still 'testing and interview' and I-130 is still in 'initial review' stage. I'm joining you in checking email every 2 hours!

Double good news

Just received 2 emails (15 mins apart) that I-130 and I-485 have been approved!

On April 11, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Sweet15, I'm keeping crossed fingers for you. I hope you will gets yours soon, too!

Just received 2 emails (15 mins apart) that I-130 and I-485 have been approved!

On April 11, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Sweet15, I'm keeping crossed fingers for you. I hope you will gets yours soon, too!

Congrats to you. Go and enjoy being green. Thanks I hope so too

congratulation and congratulation to all that succeeded!!! It is really nerve wracking.

i had my interview on 4/5. in new york. It wasn't as bad as i thought it will be and the IO was quite nice and put us at ease. i was with my lawyer. we showed joined bills, lease, health insurance copies, income taxes we filled this year (2011), 401k with spouse as the beneficiary, testimonials from 2 people, some other stuffs that has both our names and photo album not that many photos about 150 to 200. (he took 2 or 3 photos). He asked us a couple questions (each other families, ask me where wife work and who are her friends and ask wife what kind of work i do, what i do for us, families information, even asked her to spell my mother's name and a few more questions) We answered without any hesitation. He then explained the whole 2 yrs conditional law thing.

But he said i had previous old cases. then said something so odd. "I may have to send you to a 2nd interview and it may sound bad but it will be helpful for you because of previous cases". and then that was it. he asked us to wait.

10 minutes later he called us and said "ok i am not sending you to the 4th floor" (which i am guessing it is where they do the stokes int) and said i don't mind approving 'I' something( i can't remember), wrote something in my passport and handed me a paper saying something along the lines of file review wait for an answer in 60 days.
he didn't check the required interview box on the paper. which was a relief.

now it is a waiting game. GOD HELP US!!! OH GOD HELP US!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was on the 4th floor as they were too busy that day. No one in that office had stokes that day either as everyone came out very fast. Hopefully we won't have to go back for a second interview

Hope we all have good news soon

My interview was on the 4th floor as they were too busy that day. No one in that office had stokes that day either as everyone came out very fast. Hopefully we won't have to go back for a second interview

Hope we all have good news soon

We were on the 8th floor. There weren't that many people. But you can see lots of exhausted faces.
Did they give you a paper checking the 3rd box (ur file is sent for review....)?

I think when the couple looks odd, you start scratching ur head.that is natural

Our interview was suppose to be on the 8th floor as well but due to how busy they were they told us to go on the 4th floor instead. The interview officer didn't give us any paper, nothing. All he told us was we should hear something within a month. He didn't write anything in my passport either. In fact he didn't even look at my passport, he just took my I-94.

We had interview on 4th floor as well. From 8th floor we were told to go to 4th, there was very crowded; 20 mins later, when it got really hot from too many people in a small room-one of the IOs read names who have to go to the other room. We were selected. The funniest thing was that we noticed one scary looking officer and at the same time we said: 'please please please don't be our IO". And guess what? He came out and called our name! :) When he insisted that my husband tells which year I was born (he told how old I am, but because of stress he couldn't remember the year or do math that fast) I though that we were absolutely right. But at the end of interview we decided that he was one of the nicest and really professional officers.
We got a letter with the box marked "sent for review", but he told us that he will recommend for approval. Maybe this is why we got emails the next day that I-130 and I-485 got approved.

Also, I want to share one thing about advanced parole. When I gave him itinerary for our overseas trip in May, he asked why I bought tickets (in January) without waiting for a green card. I told that I got good deal on tickets; besides I had no idea how long is waiting time for interview; we planned this trip since we got married last August and this is the reason why we applied for advanced parole. Then he asked if we don't know anything about danger in traveling just with advanced parole? When he explained that USCIS counts days from the day you lost your status till the day you left the country; if this period is more than 1 year-you can be banned from entry to US for 10 years and they are really strict about it. Then I told that it doesn't apply to my husband, as he has not been even 1 day out of status.
Also, the first question he asked me: why we are here. He liked my response "For the final step in adjusting status of my husband to permanent resident".

What do you mean by "odd couple"? I saw few couples where 'wife' was wearing nice business suite and 'husband' not too clean jeans and worn down sneakers. Looked really strange. The other couple-with empty seat between them and I didn't notice that they said 1 word to each other...

I heard if they take your i94, you should be fine. I think you will be fine.

Yes, they are very strict with the advance parole thing. I don't understand it...they allow you to travel by giving you the parole and then they want to use it against you. It's weird.

I didn't mean odd in a bad way..maybe when the age# is big, or the background of each is extremely #, something along those line.

@jacobson00, @sweet15
So, age gap is seen as big thing? What was your observations for such couples there?
Any membershere with age gaps, please share our expeiences.

Also, when you say "background of each is extremely # " did you mean any criminal backgroud or soemthing else?

I heard if they take your i94, you should be fine. I think you will be fine.

Yes, they are very strict with the advance parole thing. I don't understand it...they allow you to travel by giving you the parole and then they want to use it against you. It's weird.

I didn't mean odd in a bad way..maybe when the age# is big, or the background of each is extremely #, something along those line.

GC Approved!!!!

On April 16, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Finally!!!. I am sooo happy right now.

Beneficiary on Life insurance

Beneficiary on Life insurance?

I mean, It should be spouse only as beneficiary or it should be spouse plus any minor kids ?

Same with 401 plan, how the beneficiaries should be listed.

I understand its' personal choice but i am looking opinions in AOS/immigration perspective.

Thank You !

On April 16, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

Finally!!!. I am sooo happy right now.

Congratulations! We received approval notices today by mail. Today online status also got changed:Card/ Document Production: On April 16, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you!

It looks like all October filers done with interviews. I hope to see you all in 2 years waiting for news in removing the conditions.