October 2011 Filers

Question

My husband and I live with his parents in their family house, so therefore we have no lease or bills in our name. Will that be a problem or can I have my father-in-law write an affidavits? Does the affidavits have to be written or can it be typed? Lastly, what should I put in the affidavits?

My husband and I live with his parents in their family house, so therefore we have no lease or bills in our name. Will that be a problem or can I have my father-in-law write an affidavits? Does the affidavits have to be written or can it be typed? Lastly, what should I put in the affidavits?

Your parents-in-law should write an affidavit for you. They can type it, print it out, and sign it. That affidavit has to be notarized. It has to have your parents-in-law names, address, DOB, place of birth, phone numer, citizenship, relationship to you and your spouse. They have to confirm that they allow both of you live in their house with/without fees, and they also need to confirm all the bills are under their names.
Hope it help and good luck to you!

Your parents-in-law should write an affidavit for you. They can type it, print it out, and sign it. That affidavit has to be notarized. It has to have your parents-in-law names, address, DOB, place of birth, phone numer, citizenship, relationship to you and your spouse. They have to confirm that they allow both of you live in their house with/without fees, and they also need to confirm all the bills are under their names.
Hope it help and good luck to you!

Thanks a bunch. Can I only use my father-in-law or does it have to be both parents-in-law? Father-in-law name is on all bills

First Divorce papers?

His wife have decree avaialble for the 2nd divorce (latest) but lost the first one. It was about 25 yrs before.
And she doesn't even remeber that which agency processed that divorce.

Do they have to have that decree as well? What can be done, in case they don't get that?

What kind of questions they might ask for previous marriages?

All please suggest.

The officer asked to see both. She also would ask about her previous marriage.

Thanks a bunch. Can I only use my father-in-law or does it have to be both parents-in-law? Father-in-law name is on all bills

You just need your father-in-law affidavit. Remember to bring some utilities bills under his name to the interview.

His wife have decree avaialble for the 2nd divorce (latest) but lost the first one. It was about 25 yrs before.
And she doesn't even remeber that which agency processed that divorce.

Do they have to have that decree as well? What can be done, in case they don't get that?

What kind of questions they might ask for previous marriages?

All please suggest.

I think she should have both decrees with her on the interview because the officer will ask to see both. If the first marriage was in the States, she can narrow down with state, next city, and then county. So, she can search online to find her divorce record.
They will aks the names of her previous husband, years of divorce, how long she lived with them, and did she gained her citizenship through any of them.
Hope it help :)

You just need your father-in-law affidavit. Remember to bring some utilities bills under his name to the interview.

Thanks I will. 2 of the bills we do pay( Electricity & Cable), our names just aren't on the bills. I'm taking the bills with FIL name and they can see we pay 2 of them from our joint account statements

Easier, & better to show the bills in yr name when u r already paying by yrself.
May be for Cable & Elec, you can close old actts and open new actts in yr name.

Thanks I will. 2 of the bills we do pay( Electricity & Cable), our names just aren't on the bills. I'm taking the bills with FIL name and they can see we pay 2 of them from our joint account statements

As you can see from my earlier posts I live with my parents-in-law. Their bills, we are helping out. No need to change the name on the bills

As you can see from my earlier posts I live with my parents-in-law. Their bills, we are helping out. No need to change the name on the bills

Yes, you do not need to change anything. Just to be honest with the officer. I have the same situation like you. We live with my aunt's family, so all the bills are under my uncle-in-law. I told the officer that, and told her we paid my uncle-in-law some money every month that she can see it in our bank statements.
You will be fine with it. Just bring your father-in-law affidavit that explain everything and bills under his name.

interview related

Hi folks
here is my stuation.I had an interview 2 months ago.I am the citizen and my wife is the benificiary.Since my wife was pregnant at the time of submittal we could not send complete medical exam therefore officer asked updated medical exam including all the vaccines.we send completed medical exam in almost amont ago and have not heard for the decision.Has anybody had similar stuation?
Thank you and good luck to you all

Thanks chriskertown !

Do you have link by any chance where she can search marriage or Divorce records online? For CA and Nevada?

I think she should have both decrees with her on the interview because the officer will ask to see both. If the first marriage was in the States, she can narrow down with state, next city, and then county. So, she can search online to find her divorce record.
They will aks the names of her previous husband, years of divorce, how long she lived with them, and did she gained her citizenship through any of them.
Hope it help :)

This time for real!

Online update:

On March 8, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for April 10, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

Thanks Sweet15 and BigBull! Yesterday got interview letter by mail. It will also be in Federal Plaza, at 9am. Secretly wished for 7.30 to avoid stressful hours of worrying :) But 9 is fine.