October 2011 Filers

I have a friend in similar situation.
What was the age gap between two of you?

Any tips you would like to give to tackle if this issue comes up.

When our lawyer saw our case, he told us that our application would raise a red flag based on a different age issue (She is 13 years older). However, she looks the same age as me. Our lawyer told us we would be lucky if we were interviewd by an open-mind young officer (we did). He also told us to prepare for strong evidents (affidavits from friends and relatives, pictures, joint documents...). I was so nervous a month before the interview, but then I was confident with what we had together and our marriage is real. On the interview day, I just thought I went for a job interview, I was so relax, and I thought I would get it. The officer did not ask about our age. She just asked to check our information in two forms was correct. Then, she asked for evidents:
1. We gave her our car insurance card.
2. All affidavits from our friends and relatives. She asked did we pay for the rent. We said we live with our uncle, so we just gave him some cash each month. We told her to read the affidavit from our uncle, and told her to see the money on the bank statements every month.
3. She started looking each bank statements (so you need to spend your money in your joint account because the officer read them in details and asked us questions about what we spent)
4. We did not have health insurance together because my wife company not allow her to put me in until this April. So I told the officer that and she understand.
5. We did not have life insurance
6. I had my roth IRA and I put my wife as a beneficiary.
7. We gave her our pictures, she took them without looked at them.

Then, she told us our application was good. Before I left, I asked her about her day so far. I just wanted to make a good impression (it is really important I think)
I thought we were so lucky because our interview was smooth and quick. The officer didnt ask about our private information or our family. Everything was just in basic. So I really hope that everyone here will have a smooth interview like I had. Good luck to all!

Similar almost

My friend has also USC wife who is 12 years older to him and married twice earlier. :)

You provided both of earlier divorce decree's or just the latest one is sufficient?

When our lawyer saw our case, he told us that our application would raise a red flag based on a different age issue (She is 13 years older). However, she looks the same age as me. Our lawyer told us we would be lucky if we were interviewd by an open-mind young officer (we did). He also told us to prepare for strong evidents (affidavits from friends and relatives, pictures, joint documents...). I was so nervous a month before the interview, but then I was confident with what we had together and our marriage is real. On the interview day, I just thought I went for a job interview, I was so relax, and I thought I would get it. The officer did not ask about our age. She just asked to check our information in two forms was correct. Then, she asked for evidents:
1. We gave her our car insurance card.
2. All affidavits from our friends and relatives. She asked did we pay for the rent. We said we live with our uncle, so we just gave him some cash each month. We told her to read the affidavit from our uncle, and told her to see the money on the bank statements every month.
3. She started looking each bank statements (so you need to spend your money in your joint account because the officer read them in details and asked us questions about what we spent)
4. We did not have health insurance together because my wife company not allow her to put me in until this April. So I told the officer that and she understand.
5. We did not have life insurance
6. I had my roth IRA and I put my wife as a beneficiary.
7. We gave her our pictures, she took them without looked at them.

Then, she told us our application was good. Before I left, I asked her about her day so far. I just wanted to make a good impression (it is really important I think)
I thought we were so lucky because our interview was smooth and quick. The officer didnt ask about our private information or our family. Everything was just in basic. So I really hope that everyone here will have a smooth interview like I had. Good luck to all!

Finally

Finally news for us:
On February 22, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for March 27, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

Sweet15, anything for you yet? If not-I think it's time to call them.

Finally news for us:
On February 22, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for March 27, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

Nothing yet. It seems my application is stuck at National Benefits Center. I guess my RFE slowed everything down.
Congrats on your IL. At least NY is moving along. Will try calling again today and see if I get better luck with the person on the phone

Wondering when the application go to National Benefits Center?

Do all the applications go to National Benefits Center?

Also, the EAD card you guys got, Is there any expire dates on it? Usually for how long u get EAD card? May be for 2 years??

Nothing yet. It seems my application is stuck at National Benefits Center. I guess my RFE slowed everything down.
Congrats on your IL. At least NY is moving along. Will try calling again today and see if I get better luck with the person on the phone

Wondering when the application go to National Benefits Center?

Do all the applications go to National Benefits Center?

Also, the EAD card you guys got, Is there any expire dates on it? Usually for how long u get EAD card? May be for 2 years??

EAD is valied for 1 yr, I think wher your application goes depends on wher you live. There ar 5 service centers which process the applications. California, Nebraska, Texas,Vermount, Missouri. Your application will be routed from Chicago to the appropriate service centers for further processing. Once they finish the process they, will send it to you local office for Interview.

So, one need to renew EAD again before getting 10 yr GC?

Sorry still not clear, service centers and national benefits center are same or different?
How their processing is different? When any application gets transferred to NBC?

EAD is valied for 1 yr, I think wher your application goes depends on wher you live. There ar 5 service centers which process the applications. California, Nebraska, Texas,Vermount, Missouri. Your application will be routed from Chicago to the appropriate service centers for further processing. Once they finish the process they, will send it to you local office for Interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, one need to renew EAD again before getting 10 yr GC?

Sorry still not clear, service centers and national benefits center are same or different?
How their processing is different? When any application gets transferred to NBC?

When you get GC through marriage, the GC you get is called conditional green card valid for 2 years, you have to file for removal of conditional status after 2 years, during this time you should be married with the same person, if not you are f*****.. if you are already married for more than 2 yrs, you will get a permanent GC valid for 10 yrs.
Regarding EAD, once you get your GC, either 2yr or 10yr, you don't need you EAD any more. You need not renew it.
NBC is also called as MSC. It is one of the service centers. Each service center has it own processing time frames. You can go to Us is web site for the current time frames. It usually takes about 4-6mts from start to finish.

Thanks bigbull99 !!
I forgot about GC, Once we get GC there's no need for EAD :D

When you get GC through marriage, the GC you get is called conditional green card valid for 2 years, you have to file for removal of conditional status after 2 years, during this time you should be married with the same person, if not you are f*****.. if you are already married for more than 2 yrs, you will get a permanent GC valid for 10 yrs.
Regarding EAD, once you get your GC, either 2yr or 10yr, you don't need you EAD any more. You need not renew it.
NBC is also called as MSC. It is one of the service centers. Each service center has it own processing time frames. You can go to Us is web site for the current time frames. It usually takes about 4-6mts from start to finish.

Hi everyone!

It's been a while. I'm glad to see progress! Sweet15 I'm hoping you hear some good news in the next few coming weeks. Congrats to everyone who has had their interview and were approved and good going for those who received their Interview letters (I wish you all the best!)

Life as a green card holder is good. I have been desperately applying for jobs all day every day - nothing so far. I'm planning to leave the country on my first trip when summer comes around (I cannot wait!) Other than that, all is well!

I will check in soon again.

Error

Finally news for us:

Hi guys,
I'm sorry, but I made a big mistake! I was wondering why we haven't received the letter by mail yet, so I pulled the NOA forms with receipt numbers and realized that I was checking the wrong case numbers!!! (when looking for ours, I checked previous cases and after our; they all stayed in cookies, but I was pretty confident that I knew our case numbers without double checking them...)
Our I-130 and I-485 are still in initial review stage.
Really embarrassing... :rolleyes:

Hi guys,
I'm sorry, but I made a big mistake! I was wondering why we haven't received the letter by mail yet, so I pulled the NOA forms with receipt numbers and realized that I was checking the wrong case numbers!!! (when looking for ours, I checked previous cases and after our; they all stayed in cookies, but I was pretty confident that I knew our case numbers without double checking them...)
Our I-130 and I-485 are still in initial review stage.
Really embarrassing... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you will get the real IL soon. I feel a little bit at ease knowing that they haven't totally forgotten about me. Here's hoping we have some kinda luck soon.

Is you case marriage based? Do you know if the other person in NY has a marriage based application also?

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you will get the real IL soon. I feel a little bit at ease knowing that they haven't totally forgotten about me. Here's hoping we have some kinda luck soon.

Is you case marriage based? Do you know if the other person in NY has a marriage based application also?

Yes, our case is marriage based. I don't know anybody in NY with the case like ours... Lets hope that March will finally bring us the real letter...

I`m another October filer who still is in a process.

Myrtle Beach, SC
10/30/11 - Mailed package to Chicago
11/28/11 - Biometrics done
02/01/12 - Request For Evidence
02/21/12 - RFE received and online status updated
02/25/11 - EAD Card Production
? ? ? - Interview

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got email notice that Interview will be on April 2nd at NBC. I am soooooooooooooo happy right now. Wowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Yey!

Got email notice that Interview will be on April 2nd at NBC. I am soooooooooooooo happy right now. Wowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really happy for you! It means that we should hear from them in a week or so too (shame on me that I wanted to cut the line! ;) )
Good luck in preparation for interview!! You think it will be in Federal Plaza?

I'm really happy for you! It means that we should hear from them in a week or so too (shame on me that I wanted to cut the line! ;) )
Good luck in preparation for interview!! You think it will be in Federal Plaza?

@id0mu Thanks. I hope your IL comes soon as well. I think it will be at Federal Plaza but not sure. Don't really care where it will be as long as I come out of the building GREEN

Will start preparation tomorrow. Right now I'm on a high. LOL