October 2011 Filers

@sweet1031

I know this sounds very lax but I'm waiting until the holidays are over to really start prepping. However, last week I printed 132 photos (Walgreens) and this week I sent 3 orders to be printed (Order #1: 129 photos, Order #2: 53 photos and Order #3: 50 photos. I've decided to make three albums. One of before marriage pics, one of wedding pics (we had a civil courthouse ceremony (City Hall NY) but we had a professional photographer and we went to this garden after and took pics) and the last album of after marriage photos.

As for documents we don't have a lot except one joint bank account (and we use that for every single thing so we will print out the statements or ask bank to send us copies), and he has me on his life insurance. As for the lease, I am listed as a resident in this apartment but 'm not on the lease itself because we got this apartment based on a military program and since he is the serviceman, all of it had to be in his name. I will get a letter from the housing office to say that we both live here and I'm always around basically because any maintenance problems etc I am the one who deals with it (contacts them etc or I'm here when they come to fix the problem (let them in) and I walk the rent check over to them every month. (Not sure if that would help). He had his car/insurance before we met so his names are on those and because the apartment is in his name (military program), the utilities are in his name as well.

So basically that's all we have
- Loads of photos (with both of our families and a progression)
- Joint checking and savings account
- Life insurance with me as beneficiary
- Same address (me listed as resident on lease)

Now that I've written them out, they surely don't sound like a lot. Our marriage honestly is in good faith. I don't know what else we can or should do to prove this. Since I am out of status, I am definitely limited as to having utilities etc in my name (even though I have a social security number, I had lost my card)

@MarineWife I don't have a lot of stuff either. We dont have a lease as we live with his parents in the family house, no utilities in our names. Not many photos as my husband hates taking pics but I do have a few of the important stuff like wedding(I too got married at City Hall in NY), pics from when our son was born, pics with our son together, holdiays, honeymoon, vacations and anniversaries. I have life and medical insurance, will get joint accounts as soon as SS card arrives. Thats about it.

I keep telling myself that will be enough. It has to be. Like you my marriage is very real and I don't know what more can be done to show them that.

I'm putting it all in God hands and what will be, will be. Don't let it stress you out too much

One thing that makes me feel better is that most people go in with LOADS of evidence and the IO doesn't even look at it and they get their GC. So my take is that it doen't really matter how much evidence you have but that you have SOME evidence

Hello MarineWife!

I was just looking around and wondering how your case is going, and I just read your post. I personally believe that what you have are enough and I hope you don't stress too much. Remember, the IOs are trained very well and they can tell whether your marriage is in good faith no matter how many/less evidences you take with you. Just bring yourself and your husband and be yourselves. :)

I think you actually have more evidences than I do. My husband and I lived in separate states because he was stationed in NJ and I was on an H1B visa in Maryland. I couldn't leave my job then because I'll be out of status, and he cant really move to a different state as he wishes because the military decides on that. I wasn't on his lease and he wasn't on mine. We have a bank account together, lots of pictures, I was his beneficiary on his life insurance and I have a dependent ID, and we brought those things with us.

So don't worry. :) You will be just fine. Let me know how everything goes :)

@xingxin & @sweet15

Thank you so much guys. I feel a little better now especially because of what you said xingxing (being that you've been through it already)

My husband is taking two days leave (the day before and day of interview so that we can prep and be relaxed for the interview itself) I am trying to be calm knowing that the end is almost near.

@sweet15, definitely will be trying not to stress too much. I'm hoping that things go in our favor (and yours too!)

@xingxin I will surely keep you updated. Just a few more weeks. Thank you again for the reassurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD & Welcome Letter Received

Hey Members,

I received my EAD and welcome letter. Welcome letter said GC is coming within the next 3 weeks. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Hey Members,

I received my EAD and welcome letter. Welcome letter said GC is coming within the next 3 weeks. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Well luckily you're not going to need your EAD and I'm sure your GC will be with you soon. Congrats again!!!!

Congratulations, Lazhy with your GC!
My hubby's EAD with AP on the card came today! He doesn't know yet. Maybe I should wait till Xmas and put it to his Xmas stocking? :cool:

Interview Sample Questions

Hey fellow October filers,

I have sample interview questions in word documents and pdfs that I would like to share in this thread, but couldn't upload it with post on this thread. I don't know why. If any thread member would be interested, send me your email address as a private message and I will send it as attachment to your email.

Best of luck to members with upcoming interview....and those who are yet to receive their IL.

Congrats- seems like you too the express train to the GC

Congrats on a super fast process! I hope my IO talks to my wife about relaxer, too, err, or at least something calm.

Hey Members,

No EAD yet

Yello! The wife hasn't yet received the EAD. We just got the 3rd email (decision mailed) on 12/19 so I'm guessing end of this week at earliest, but with the xmas rush, it could take USPS a while.

btw, anyone besides me have NO status on USCIS' website for the i130? USCIS still can't find the receipt number in the system, so I can't set up email alerts for the 130. The 485 receipt shows up because of the RFE (still stuck on 'RFE review' for the last month) so I'd guess that the 130 must be O.K. for now.

@HossDelgado, did your wife receive her EAD in mail yet?

btw, anyone besides me have NO status on USCIS' website for the i130? USCIS still can't find the receipt number in the system, so I can't set up email alerts for the 130. The 485 receipt shows up because of the RFE (still stuck on 'RFE review' for the last month) so I'd guess that the 130 must be O.K. for now.

I hope it does come. I mean she's able to apply for jobs so by the time she gets ajob interview or gets hired card will be with her.

My I-130 doesn't show up online either but I suppose it has been approved since I was scheduled for an interview. I don't think it ever will show up. I set up for updates on I-485 though. Want to get the notorious email/text when I leave interview.

Yello! The wife hasn't yet received the EAD. We just got the 3rd email (decision mailed) on 12/19 so I'm guessing end of this week at earliest, but with the xmas rush, it could take USPS a while.

USCIS is unpredictable. As long as you see a progress in you case i think you should be fine. Your EAD got approved. I 130 and I485 will be approved at the time of the interview. I dont think any one will get an email or letter stating that I485 and I 130 is approved, In family based cases. The IO will approve it @ the end of the interview.
Look @my case it has been transfered from MSC to CSC, and i got a letter stating that- For speedy process of your case it has been transferd to CSC. When you look in this forum, allmost all the files whose cases were processed @ MSC got the interview letter. I have not got any up dated yet.
SO we never know how USCIS works. Your EAD will be comming in priority mail by 23rd, for sure. and if your case is in MSC service center you should be getting the IL letter soon , by end of this mounth.
good luck.
I am worried about my case too

My I-130 didn't show up online until 2 weeks after my interview. I received the official approval letter 3 days later.

Thanks for the info, peeps

Good to know that I'm not alone in the i130-no-online-status boat.

Happy holidays to all. Hope you have a good time with family and EADs and whatnot.

No news at all... Very frustrating... Any Norfolk VA filers??

Congrats to all of you who have recd. the IL letter, attended the Interview, got the Card!! After the FP done on 10/31 there is absolutely NO update/news about my dad's case. The Last Update Date in uscis website is 10/07/2011. Any advice on whom to ask, where to check etc ??? :mad::confused::(

Congrats to all of you who have recd. the IL letter, attended the Interview, got the Card!! After the FP done on 10/31 there is absolutely NO update/news about my dad's case. The Last Update Date in uscis website is 10/07/2011. Any advice on whom to ask, where to check etc ??? :mad::confused::(

wait till jan 7th 2012, call the uscis 800 number. you should be getting EAD ant time. remember ther are holidays end of DEC and start of JAN, so give it 1 more extra week, and give them a call.