October 2011 Filers

OMG! I just, by chance, checked my case status online after reading sweet1031's post about hers not showing up. I hadn't checked all day and I see the screen staring at me saying "On December 14, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for January 13, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER......"

I cannot....just cannot believe I got my interview this quickly! When I read sweet1031's post, I said if my case doesn't show up by the first week in January I'm gonna call them...and I just happened to go on the website just to check and saw that! Oh My....I am literally shaking. I even woke my hubby right out of his sleep! This is soooo much better than getting the EAD on Saturday.

Thanks guys... Preparing

Hey guys,

Thank you all for the well wishes..... I have gathered and arranged all the documents accordingly. I pray we get a calm and friendly IO. I will surely load the details up here when I'm back.

@MarineWife, congratulations on your interview. and @Delgado...congratulations on your wife's EAD.

Guys, continue wishing me good luck....

Thanks. Even I used to think that interview is mandatory for cases where people have been married for less than 2 years. But my friend proved me otherwise. today I was looking for something on the web and found another "easy" case where the couple didn't have interview.

Below is the link. The poster named "Richie Rich" shows his timeline and you can see that he didn't have any interview and his case was also transferred to CSC for "faster processing"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/t...filers/page__st__705__p__5051786#entry5051786

Idk how and when it happens but it does! :p

I was looking around at that site and I noticed that a couple of people who got the GC without an interview, did so by first getting a K1 visa (fiance) which required an interview, got married, sent the AOS packet, got transferred to CSC, and got the GC without the AOS interview.

But wouldn't it be awesome if it did happen to us :)

@ananga73
He was happy for about 2 minutes until he couldn't fall back asleep. End up staying up 30 extra minutes.

@Lazhy
Thank you! And best of luck to you, again. I hope you get an easy going officer and your process is done in 1, 2, 3.

@HossDelgado
Hope your wife gets it in her hands soon

@sweet1031 Today would have been your big day (employment). Still no card in hand? Maybe it'll get to you in time for you to go to work on Monday. Clean beginning-of-the-week start.

@ananga73
He was happy for about 2 minutes until he couldn't fall back asleep. End up staying up 30 extra minutes.

@Lazhy
Thank you! And best of luck to you, again. I hope you get an easy going officer and your process is done in 1, 2, 3.

@HossDelgado
Hope your wife gets it in her hands soon

@sweet1031 Today would have been your big day (employment). Still no card in hand? Maybe it'll get to you in time for you to go to work on Monday. Clean beginning-of-the-week start.

Good Luck, I am happy for you. Hope every one else gets their appointment too .

Congrats MarineWife!!!!

Congrats MarineWife! Good luck on the interview!! I hope to see some magic too!!

OMG! I just, by chance, checked my case status online after reading sweet1031's post about hers not showing up. I hadn't checked all day and I see the screen staring at me saying "On December 14, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for January 13, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER......"

I cannot....just cannot believe I got my interview this quickly! When I read sweet1031's post, I said if my case doesn't show up by the first week in January I'm gonna call them...and I just happened to go on the website just to check and saw that! Oh My....I am literally shaking. I even woke my hubby right out of his sleep! This is soooo much better than getting the EAD on Saturday.

So so sooooooo...... happy for u!!!! ;););)
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

MarineWife;2563281[B said:
@sweet1031[/B] Today would have been your big day (employment). Still no card in hand? Maybe it'll get to you in time for you to go to work on Monday. Clean beginning-of-the-week start.

I haven't got my EAD but my new employer is willing to wait for my card arrival. I think I might start my new employment on 12/27/2011. :eek: Again, I am so happy for your IL!!!!!YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA:rolleyes:

Interview Detail

Hi Guys, had the interview and it went smooth and well. We got to the USCIS office, went through the security check
and went to the front counter to submit the Interview Appointment. We were told to fill a form and wait for the IO to
call us in. After about 45 mins wait, the young good looking female officer called my name. She asked my name and said
that she didn't pronounce it that wrong. When we got to her office, she sworn us in.

Then, we got seated. she introduced herself, and asked how we met, where we met, and when we got married. She asked for
our IDs and SSN cards. Then, she asked for my passports (new & old). She flipped through my passports and checked my old
visas. She asked me to tender my EAD, and I told her its been approved by not mailed yet. Then, she asked where I work,
and what I do at work. Then, she start asking basic questions like my full name, address, my wife's birth date. she asked my wife the same questions. She asked both of us how our parents feel with our marriage.
She asked my wife how marriage life is. She then asked to see pictures. We gave her 3 full albums of pictures....and she
fliped through each page of the albums and asked questions about what was happening when we took the pics. Then, she asked
my wife about her sch and classes. Then, she asked for my I-94, ripped it out of my passport and stapled it to the bunch of
my applications and documents with her. She then told us that everything looks good....that we will get the card very soon.
And that she will need to run a little background check...and before the end of the day, she will approve our case.
All along, she was talking to my wife about women hair....where she makes her hair, what type of relaxer she uses....and
stuffs like that while I just watch both of them talking about women things.

All in all, everything went smooth...and I hope the approval email would come before the end of the day. Thanks to everyone on
this forum and all Oct filer thread members. I wish others in this thread good luck and easy day on their Interview day.

@MarineWife Congratulations on your IL. That was fast. Good luck

@Lazhy Congrats on your interview. I'm glad everything went smoothly for you

Got my EAD card in the mail yesterday and applied for SS today.

All in all, everything went smooth...and I hope the approval email would come before the end of the day. Thanks to everyone on
this forum and all Oct filer thread members. I wish others in this thread good luck and easy day on their Interview day.

Fantastic! All that hard work paid off. I'm hoping mine and everyone's will be as smooth as yours. Congratulations!

CONGRATS!!!! @Lazhy Happy to hear that it went well. Hope that email comes through soon and your green card this month as well. What a way it'll be to start 2012!

Thanks sweet15, sweet1031,, ssampy and bigbull99

I'm really excited!

sweet15, glad you got your card and your SSN. How long did they say it'll take? I was gonna to go for mine today (replacement card) (I had one when I was F-1 but lost it...then went out of status) but I assumed it'd take about 4-6 weeks (I could be wrong)....and in 4 weeks it's my interview and if I'm approved I'll will get GC sometime in January. The SS card I will get now will say "Valid for employment only with INS Authorization" (or something to that effect) and when I get GC I'd have to go get another "regular one" so I figured I should just wait.

CONGRATS!!!! @Lazhy Happy to hear that it went well. Hope that email comes through soon and your green card this month as well. What a way it'll be to start 2012!

Thanks sweet15, sweet1031,, ssampy and bigbull99

I'm really excited!

sweet15, glad you got your card and your SSN. How long did they say it'll take? I was gonna to go for mine today (replacement card) (I had one when I was F-1 but lost it...then went out of status) but I assumed it'd take about 4-6 weeks (I could be wrong)....and in 4 weeks it's my interview and if I'm approved I'll will get GC sometime in January. The SS card I will get now will say "Valid for employment only with INS Authorization" (or something to that effect) and when I get GC I'd have to go get another "regular one" so I figured I should just wait.

They said in less than 14 days my card should arrive in the mail. I didn't know you usually get 2 different cards....one for before and one for after GC. I can understand you waiting because your interview is next month. I still have a couple more months to wait. Again I am so happy for you because we both had March in mind for the both of us. Atleast one of us don't have to wait that long. What a very merry Christmas this is turning out to be

@sweet15

Yeah there's 2 because the one you get with EAD has restrictions and then you'd need to change the card after you get GC to one of a regular resident or citizen (without the terms/condition written on it) but your SSN will still stay the same.

Thank you honey! I am so pleased. I keep checking the page (USCIS) to make sure I didn't enter the wrong number. They received my application Oct 11th and with a Jan 13th interview, that's practically 3 months. Unheard of in these parts. Maybe their workload is lightening up here or maybe it's just luck. Whatever it is I'm just happy.

I just hope everyone else gets their card in hand soon and interview dates as well. It'd be great if we all got through one after the next...domino effect.