October 2011 Filers

@OMFSmolar

Hi and welcome to the thread!
To make a signature go to the top of the page and look for "Forum Actions" and then click "Edit Profile" once you get in there, look for edit signature and go from there.

I, too, have Alexandria as my ASC. I can understand your frustration. From what I have observed on this thread it seems the folks in our area have been getting through between 6-9 months (interview). It is a very busy district office. All we can do is wait. Maybe you'll be lucky and get an early interview date. The USCIS says the last application they've processed was in Dec 2010 but I wouldn't necessarily go by that because USCIS can be unreliable. BUT i suspect they give you that information just so you know it CAN take a while but doesn't necessarily mean it WILL.

Also I don't think that the fact that you didn't use a lawyer affects what interview date you'll get (just my thought)

I'm sure you'll be getting word regarding EAD during this month. Keep calling and when you ask about information make sure you give them the receipt number for the I-765 & I-131.

Keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the thread...Where can I add my signature?

ASC: Alexandria, VA

10/18/2011 Mailed I485, 130, 131, 765 to Chicago
10/21/2011 Received by USCIS
10/25/2011 I 797 Notice of Action received (I485, 130, 131, 765)
10/28/2011 ASC Appt Notice (11/18 biometrics appt)
11/8/2011 Biometrics appt walked in successfully

@ OMFSmolar,

Welcome to the thread. Your name appears familiar in other threads. Anyway, to add your signature, login in with your username and password. Then click on "Forum Action" on the upper menu list and click on "General Settings". By the left, there is a menu "My Settings", click on "Edit Signature". type your
signature and click "Save Signature".

If everything is right with your applications, you should get the EAD Approval in approximately 8 weeks of submission. And the I-485 Interview Letter will depend on the timeline of your ASC. MarineWife has the same ASC...she should be able to help you with the timeline in your ASC.

Also, using a lawyer or not does not in any way affect when your IL will come.

As soon as they touch your application, they will appear online. i.e. when they approve your EAD, it will come online. When your
interview date is fixed, you will see the I-485 online.

Good luck.

Thank you so much, MarineWife and Lazhy.
I edited my signature. I will keep you updated on my case status.
You are so much more knowledgeable than me. Thank you so much for all your help!

Got 3rd email from uscis. Checked the online status- Mailed the approval notice.
Now we have to see when the next update will be?

@Marinewife- What about you, did you also get all the 3 email notices? Just want to make sure every one is in the same boat.

surprise

We haven't got any email yet, but I just checked cases online: EAD and travel documents were approved yesterday! Not sure why there is no text msg or email about the change in status...

Got 3rd email from uscis. Checked the online status- Mailed the approval notice.
Now we have to see when the next update will be?

@Marinewife- What about you, did you also get all the 3 email notices? Just want to make sure every one is in the same boat.

I didn't get any email notices because my cases never showed up...except the I-765 which started showing up when it got approved on the 5th. So I didn't bother to add that case for status updates. I just went on USCIS' website twice a day (morning and night) to check the progress. I noticed the change on the 5th (card approved), the 7th (card production) and the 8th (notice mailed). By the 10th, I got card in the mail.

@sweet1031 Glad to hear!!!

They transferd my case to CSC. (I 130, I 485) They did not transfer MyI 765, I dont know if I will be getting the approvals along with others , Did any one get a letter stating that that case has been transfered, it says on 11/24/2011 your case is transferd and is beeing processed. How come they did not transfer I765? Can any one tell me why it happend only t me ?

They transferd my case to CSC. (I 130, I 485) They did not transfer MyI 765, I dont know if I will be getting the approvals along with others , Did any one get a letter stating that that case has been transfered, it says on 11/24/2011 your case is transferd and is beeing processed. How come they did not transfer I765? Can any one tell me why it happend only t me ?

I have seen this happening to at least couple of my real life friends. There is nothing to worry about it. In fact, if you had sent lots of initial evidence with your AOS package, there might be a chance that you won't have any interview. That's what happened to my friend. He sent heck of a lot of evidence with forms. Then he got the notification that his case has been transferred to CSC for faster processing, and soon he got the notification that his GC is in production.

Hope you have the same kinda deal. :D

Card ordered

My wife's i765 status updated on 12/12 to card production, so I guess we're soon part of the EAD club.

@hy2934 thanks for the info about cases with no interviews- I'd never heard of that before. Makes sense if USCIS is hurting for budget that they'd cut out some part of the process for 'easy' cases.

One of my friend at work told me today that, she was scheduled for an interview@ Boston, She went with all the documents, and as the time came close for her turn, the IO came to the door and called her name- ******. When she got up approched the IO, The IO smiled at her and said- You are all set, Give me you passport PLs, I will stamp it with the Stamp of GC, and you card wll arrive in the mail soon. Goos luck,and enjoy your rest of the day.
She told me that she could not believe what just happend.
She is very lucky.

@hy2934 thanks for the info about cases with no interviews- I'd never heard of that before. Makes sense if USCIS is hurting for budget that they'd cut out some part of the process for 'easy' cases.

Thanks. Even I used to think that interview is mandatory for cases where people have been married for less than 2 years. But my friend proved me otherwise. today I was looking for something on the web and found another "easy" case where the couple didn't have interview.

Below is the link. The poster named "Richie Rich" shows his timeline and you can see that he didn't have any interview and his case was also transferred to CSC for "faster processing"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/t...filers/page__st__705__p__5051786#entry5051786

Idk how and when it happens but it does! :p

One of my friend at work told me today that, she was scheduled for an interview@ Boston, She went with all the documents, and as the time came close for her turn, the IO came to the door and called her name- ******. When she got up approched the IO, The IO smiled at her and said- You are all set, Give me you passport PLs, I will stamp it with the Stamp of GC, and you card wll arrive in the mail soon. Goos luck,and enjoy your rest of the day.
She told me that she could not believe what just happend.
She is very lucky.

Wow. Awesome man. Darn lucky! I wish we all have similar luck :p

Any update about IL for everyone's case? I am afraid to call USCIS to ask about my case status because I called a lot for my EAD case. One time, the rep told me that I remember i talked to you yesterday. hahahahaha.....so embarrassed....so, i don't want to call USCIS until 12/30. But, my case still hasn't shown on the website, so I really want to know the update.......:confused: