OCI - New York Tracker

OCI DISPATCHED not received by NY

Hi All,

Just checking if any OCIs that were dispatched from DELHI around MAY 10 th have been received by the consulate?

Arjun

With regards to May 29; Just from personal experience, it is going to be a mad house. If you have no immediate travel plans, I suggest to skip CGNY and enjoy the long weekend:)

Arjun

OCI and SC my timelines

My timelines --

OCI mailed 4th May
OCI reached CGI-NY 5th May

SC mailed 17th May
SC reached CGI-NY 19th May

OCI not yet acknowledged, and no SC in the mail so far.

OCI and SC my timelines

My timelines --

OCI Mailed 7th May
OCI Received CGI-NY 10th May

SC mailed 14th May
SC reached CGI-NY 17th May

OCI not yet acknowledged, and no SC in the mail so far.

Hi All,

Just checking if any OCIs that were dispatched from DELHI around MAY 10 th have been received by the consulate?

Arjun

With regards to May 29; Just from personal experience, it is going to be a mad house. If you have no immediate travel plans, I suggest to skip CGNY and enjoy the long weekend:)

Arjun

Hi Arjun Ji,

My OCI was dispatched from DELHI on May10. It is not yet reached CGI NY, or at least CGI NY not updated the status saying they receive the OCI.

Thank you for your help, support and timely suggestions

-rmiriyala

Hi Arjun Ji,

My OCI was dispatched from DELHI on May10. It is not yet reached CGI NY, or at least CGI NY not updated the status saying they receive the OCI.

Thank you for your help, support and timely suggestions

-rmiriyala

they might have even received it but didn't get time to update their system yet

My guess is that they are purposely not updating the system so that they don't have to deal with additional OCI processing right away until the confusion dust settles from this whole mess. Of course by then there should be a nice backlog of OCIs to process.

Hi All,

---------------------- I was checking numbers on OCI status page.NYC has scanned few Photo/ signature on 13, 14, 18 and these cases are under process. if The OCI was dispatched from DELHI May 10 then add 12-13 days for the update on OCI status Received on XXXX from NYC.
Arjun

Arjun

---------------

That is what i am assuming too... BostonCool.
Meanwhile, i applied for my SC last Wednesday. Sent the application with Natz copy, my(my wife's too) indian PP copies along with fee. I keep fingers crossed until i receive any message or SC itself from CGI-NY :) .
Soon i receive the SC, if CGI-NY does not update my OCI status by that time, i migth have to start buging them about it. :)

If the status changes to "Received by CGI-NY", then i will make a personal trip to CGI-NY and try to get my OCI, because i have plans to travel by end of June.

Good luck to you all...
-rmiriyala

OCI and SC my timelines

My timelines --

OCI Mailed 7th May
OCI Received CGI-NY 10th May

SC mailed 14th May
SC reached CGI-NY 17th May

OCI not yet acknowledged,

and no SC in the mail so far.
--- write email to Anju Kumar DAILY and request her to send SC. provide the full info like your Name, Passport number and the the Day reached CGI-NY. keep repeating the email daily
------------

Again posting the Email contacts of persons in Indian Consulate NYC and Ministry of Home affairs and Ministry of External affairs so that one need not to search in past threads and one can make Sticky
1. Send Email, Fax and also try to talk to Mr Prabhu Dayal
Consul General:
Ambassador Prabhu Dayal
Phone: (212) 774-0601/0602
Fax: (212) 988-6423
Email: cg@indiacgny.org

2. Send Email and Fax and also try to call on Mr Bajaj on his Phone number
Consul (OCI) & Head of Chancery):
Mr.P.K. Bajaj
Phone: (212) 774-0627
Fax: (212) 861 3788
Email: hoc@indiacgny.org

3 Dr.Anju Kumar(She handle SC)
Email: cpv@indiacgny

4. Send Email, Fax and also try to call her
Vice Consul (OCI):
Mrs. Pushpa Kumar
Phone: (212) 774 0647 ( call her 2PM to 4 PM)
Fax: (212) 879 7914
Email: vcoci@indiacgny.org

4.For general queries or clarifications regarding /OCI,visa issues, the applicant may (where necessary information is not available with the Consulate) also contact Deputy Secretary (Foreigners), Ministry of Home Affairs on the e-mail address pvsivaraman@nic.in

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?212132-OCI-New-York-Tracker/page58
Arjun Dutta sent emails to:
cpv@indiacgny.org
passport@indiacgny.org
and Dr. Anju Kumar replied from Email:cpv@indiacgny.org. so it means Dr Anju Kumar Email is: cpv@indiacgny.org.Dr. Anju Kumar
-----------------
Info from: BostonCool
I spoke to Mrs. Pushpa Kumar thanks to several emails/fax I guess and I emailed everybody in the world to get some attention
steps for those poor souls who already applied for OCI and waiting in various stages (for mail correspondence)
1) Apply surrender certificate - attach itinerary for emergency situations
2) Wait for letter in the postal mail
3) Mail the letter back to OCI (remember they are not connected right now ) - attach itinerary for emergency situation - attention to Mrs. Puspha
4) wait for OCI back
Simple isn't?
-----------------

cpv@indiacgny.org
cg@indiacgny.org

For Surrender Certificate related:

passport@indiacgny.org
cpv@indiacgny.org
------------------------------------------
Below are in DC
Ambassador
The Ambassador is the highest-ranking representative of the Government of India in the United States.
ambassadoroffice@indiagov.org

Deputy Chief of Mission
dcmoff@indiagov.org

-----------------------------
BostonCool sent Email to below ID and got his OCI sent by Pushpa Kumar by mail. That Email seems to be from Delhi

mc.sharma@nic.in

--------------------------------
Ministry of External affairs
S.M. Krishna
External Affairs Minister
Email:eam@mea.gov.in
Phone:23011127 / 23011165
Fax23013254 / 23011463
---
K.A. Appaiah (Dr.)
Addl. PS to EAM
addlpseam@mea.gov.in
-----------
Smt. Preneet Kaur (she is very Active)

Minister of State for External Affairs
Email:mospk@mea.gov.in
Phone:23011141 / 23014070 / 23794337
Fax:23011425

K.A.P. Sinha
PS to MOS
Email: psmospk@mea.gov.in
---------

Secretaries

Smt. Nirupama Rao (she is also good)
Foreign Secretary
Email: dirfs@mea.gov.in
Email: psfs@mea.gov.in
---------------

Protocol Division

Sunil Kumar Lal
Email: jscop@mea.gov.in
---------------
Prime Minister's Office

Pankaj Saran
JS (PMO)
Email: pankaj.saran@pmo.nic.in

Jaideep Sarkar
PS to PM
Email: jaideep.sarkar@pmo.nic.in

Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs(The Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs is headed by Vayalar Ravi, who has the rank of a Cabinet Minister. On the administrative side, a Secretary to the Government of India heads the Ministry.)
9th Floor, Akbar Bhawan, Chankya Puri
New Delhi - 110 021, India
Phone Number: +91(11) 2419 7900
Email: contact@overseasindian.in
------------------------
Ministry of Home Affairs

Send Emails/Fax to
P.CHIDAMBARAM
HOME MINISTER
23017256 (PH)
E-Mail: hm@nic.in
----------
Gopal K. Pillai
HOME SECRETARY
23093003 (Fax)
-----
MULLAPPALLY RAMACHANDRAN
MINISTER OF STATE
23094896 (Fax)

----------
Under Secretary (OCI), Foreigners Division,
Ministry of Home Affairs, 26-Mansingh Road,
Jaisalmer House, New Delhi-110011.
Tel. No. 011-23387436.
e-mail: usoci-mha@nic.in
------------
Anil Goswami
ADDL. SECRETARY (Foreigners)

------------
JOINT SECRETARIES
G.V. Venugopala Sharma
JS (Foreigners)
23383888 (Fax}
----------
DEPUTY SECRETARIES
P.V. Sivaraman
DS (Foreigners)
26160429(residence)
-----------
Ministry of Home Affairs, North Block
Central Secretariat
New Delhi - 110 001
Phone: 23092011, 23092161
Fax: 23093750, 23092763
email: websitemhaweb@nic.in

--------------------------
An Internal Grievances Redressal Machinery (IGRM), functioning in this Ministry, attends to all grievances promptly. The Joint Secretary (Coordination and Public Grievances) has been nominated as Director of Public Grievances. The name, designation, room number, telephone number, etc. of Director of Public Grievances are as under:

Shri K.C. Jain
Joint Secretary (Coordination and Public Grievances)
Room No. 9, North Block
New Delhi-110001
Telefax No.23092392
E-Mail: jscpg-mha@nic.in
dirpg-mha@nic.in

For lodging Grievances centrally, Please click
http://www.pgportal.gov.in
-----------
RTI Form can be sent only by Indian Citizen
http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/rti-form.pdf
-------------
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?212132-OCI-New-York-Tracker/page46
In the past Shri Amit Sikka Filed RTI for the Definition of what is the clear cut meaning of the phrase “PARITY WITH NONRESIDENT INDIANS” and here is Reply:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/WB-13032009-01.pdf
http://hcipos.org/cms/images/stories...ci_holders.pdf
------------

New Rule of Indian Citizenship 2009

http://www.mha.nic.in/pdfs/Citi_Rule-2009.pdf
-----------------------------------------
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?212132-OCI-New-York-Tracker/page48

Mr Bajaj Reply:

Dear Applicant,

Please refer to your application(s) for the OCI status which has been received in the Consulate recently.

As you are aware, Consulate General of India, New York, receives a very large number of applications for OCI status. In order to deal with the heavy rush of applications in the past few months, we had constituted a task force and put in extra efforts to clear the applications. In fact, all OCI applications, which were received in the Consulate till April 30, 2010 and found to be complete, have been processed.

Meanwhile, the Consulate has received instructions from the Government of India that applicants for all services, including OCI/PIO applications (including those whose applications are under process or whose OCI documents have not yet been delivered) are required to submit a Surrender Certificate for cancellation of the Indian passport and renunciation of the Indian citizenship. Details are posted on our website: www.indiacgny.org. Kindly note that submission of Surrender Certificate is a mandatory requirement and the OCI/PIO applications can not be processed nor can OCI documents be issued without the aforementioned certificate. This is not applicable to the foreign-born children who never held Indian passports. However, their parents held the Indian citizenship in the past and they are advised to obtain the Surrender Certificate for future reference.

Kindly furnish the Surrender Certificate urgently so that further action on your OCI application/OCI documents can be taken by the Consulate.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Assuring you of our best considerations.

With regards,

(Parmod Bajaj)

Consul

Consulate General of India, New York

In fact, all OCI applications, which were received in the Consulate till April 30, 2010 and found to be complete, have been processed.

Meanwhile, the Consulate has received instructions from the Government of India that applicants for all services, including OCI/PIO applications (including those whose applications are under process or whose OCI documents have not yet been delivered) are required to submit a Surrender Certificate for cancellation of the Indian passport and renunciation of the Indian citizenship. Details are posted on our website: indiacgny.org. Kindly note that submission of Surrender Certificate is a mandatory requirement and the OCI/PIO applications can not be processed nor can OCI documents be issued without the aforementioned certificate. This is not applicable to the foreign-born children who never held Indian passports. However, their parents held the Indian citizenship in the past and they are advised to obtain the Surrender Certificate for future reference.

Kindly furnish the Surrender Certificate urgently so that further action on your OCI application/OCI documents can be taken by the Consulate.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Assuring you of our best considerations.

With regards,

(Parmod Bajaj)

Consul

You wrote in your earlier Post that you met Prabhu Dayal and Mr Bajaj. Did you take appointment? did you meet Dr, Anju Kumar? Provide the details.
Thanks for the update
Please correct my English grammar

7) NC- no need to go through USCIS unless you like CADVI want to literally follow the law, which is also suggested by ANJU KUMAR.
-----NC one can make black and white copy, send them Copy and they dont have problem as they just want to see the date when you got US Citizenship. They are not intrested in your US passport when you applied or got it.

Sorry, this is completely WRONG information!

We went to the USCIS Field Office today to get a "True Certified Copy" of our Naturalization Certificates per their prescribed procedure: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

While we were there I asked the Immigration Officer about the process, and here are his responses:

1. Can we make a copy of the NC for submitting it to a foreign embassy?
His answer: No. This is illegal. It is illegal to copy the NC or to submit it to a foreign embassy unless it is a true certified copy provided by the USCIS. It is also illegal for the foreign embassy to keep a copy of your NC if that copy has not been certified by USCIS.

2. But at the Oath ceremony we were told that we could make a copy of the NC for ourselves?
His answer: Yes, you can make a black & white copy for yourself but ONLY for backup and to show as proof to USCIS if the original NC gets lost. You cannot show it to anyone except USCIS, and you cannot submit copies to anybody, whether in black & white or in color.

As per the USCIS procedure at the above link, I also took black & white copies for them to certify. The officer immediately asked me "who made this copy?", and he tore them and threw them into the trash. Then he went and made copies of the NCs himself. He had us fill out a form for certifying the NCs, and then he had them sent to the director and get a cover letter from USCIS stating that these were certified copies. The cover letter was signed and stamped by the director, and the NC copy was stamped as well.

The entire process took less than 15 mins.

Just thought folks should know. Thanks for reading.

7) NC- no need to go through USCIS unless you like CADVI want to literally follow the law, which is also suggested by ANJU KUMAR.
-----NC one can make black and white copy, send them Copy and they dont have problem as they just want to see the date when you got US Citizenship. They are not intrested in your US passport when you applied or got it.

Sorry, this is completely WRONG information!

We went to the USCIS Field Office today to get a "True Certified Copy" of our Naturalization Certificates per their prescribed procedure: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

While we were there I asked the Immigration Officer about the process, and here are his responses:

1. Can we make a copy of the NC for submitting it to a foreign embassy?
His answer: No. This is illegal. It is illegal to copy the NC or to submit it to a foreign embassy unless it is a true certified copy provided by the USCIS. It is also illegal for the foreign embassy to keep a copy of your NC if that copy has not been certified by USCIS.

2. But at the Oath ceremony we were told that we could make a copy of the NC for ourselves?
His answer: Yes, you can make a black & white copy for yourself but ONLY for backup and to show as proof to USCIS if the original NC gets lost. You cannot show it to anyone except USCIS, and you cannot submit copies to anybody, whether in black & white or in color.

As per the USCIS procedure at the above link, I also took black & white copies for them to certify. The officer immediately asked me "who made this copy?", and he tore them and threw them into the trash. Then he went and made copies of the NCs himself. He had us fill out a form for certifying the NCs, and then he had them sent to the director and get a cover letter from USCIS stating that these were certified copies. The cover letter was signed and stamped by the director, and the NC copy was stamped as well.

The entire process took less than 15 mins.

Just thought folks should know. Thanks for reading.
>> that is so detail and thanks for your input - please kindly attach this information along with your application and also email to Ginnu's posted email address

Those who apply Entry(X) visa for India are also facing problem.
Few days back Travisa was asking to fill the Visa application online and one also was supposed to send Visa application fees of $113 and for the surrender certificate they had the Form and one was supposed to fill up that form and also supposed to send $175 by money order on the name of Indian consulate with other documents like pages of Indian passport, copy of US naturalization certificate, Indian passport and US passport and two Photographs.
Now the Travisa site clearly states that one must get surrender certificate directly from Indian Consulate NYC only then apply for India visa through them as they can’t get Surrender certificate.
Many who have sent Visa application few days back had sent Indian passports; US passports with Visa Fees and also Fees for surrender certificate and the applications were submitted to Indian consulate. With new announcement from Travisa how the person whose application for Visa is submitted by Travisa to Indian consulate will be able to get surrender certificate when his/her Indian passport is with Indian consulate? What difference does it make to Indian consulate if Travisa submit the application for surrender certificate or the person directly applies with consulate as Consulate is only interested in Fees and want to cancel Indian passport and need the for that. Travisa need to clear the things with Indian consulate. Travisa also must update on website that if Visa application was submitted to Consulate before Particular date then Indian consulate does not have problem but now one need to get surrender certificate before Apply Visa through them. If the Travisa people don’t have correct information then they must talk to Indian consulate and must post the CUT OFF date that applications submitted before date… don’t need to get surrender certificate as the Indian passport is with Travisa or with Indian consulate and fees has been submitted to Indian consulate.

Try to get information from Travisa so that they post clear information. If one has to travel in 10-15 days and has applied for Indian Visa Trough Travisa and application is submitted by Travisa to Indian consulate how the person now can get Surrender certificate as Indian passport is with Indian consulate.
Please send Email to Travisa so that they clear the things or talk to Indian consulate and post the information.
316 East 53rd St, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 754-9900
Fax: (212) 754-9905
Email: newyork@travisaoutsourcing.com

Ginnu,

I am in the situation that you just described above. I applied for OCI on April 07. Finally my application was acknowledged on May 19. On May 11, I sent the renunciation forms, Indian passports, US Naturalization copy, $350 fee. Since I lost hope of getting OCI by June first week, last week I applied for Entry visa to India and now Travisa is asking me for the surrender Certificate. I sent lot of emails to Pushpa, Dr. Anju. No one is responding. I am requesting Travisa to please work with OCI to see if they can get the surrender certificate and then get my Entry Visa. I will let you all know what they respond.

By the way my OCI acknowledged on May 19, Photos scanned on May 21.

Thanks for all your messages which I have been closely following.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ginnu.
I will do it. today, also I sent email. I will see .

It is nothing but harassment from Indian consulate NYC. How does it affect if the Surrender certificate is applied with Visa application or before Visa application? The consulate only need the Form, Fee, Indian passport, copy of naturalization any many sent these documents to Travisa. For those applications that Travisa has submitted to Indian consulate NYC if the Travisa needs Surrender certificate do the Travisa has to ask the Indian passport back from Indian consulate and then mail it to person who applied Visa and then person has to send it to Indian consulate to get surrender certificate and then wait 20 days for surrender certificate and then again mail it to Travisa? If that is the situation then one cannot visit India with visa in 2-3 months. That is totally wrong practice write emails to Travisa and also to all the officials of Indian consulate. All should email to Indian consulate.

Ginnu,

I am in the situation that you just described above. I applied for OCI on April 07. Finally my application was acknowledged on May 19. On May 11, I sent the renunciation forms, Indian passports, US Naturalization copy, $350 fee.
Since I lost hope of getting OCI by June first week, last week I applied for Entry visa to India and now Travisa is asking me for the surrender Certificate.
----when did Travisa got your Visa application? did you sent form, $175, US passport, Indian Passport and other documents to Travisa? did the Travisa submit your application to Indian consulate or not submitted to Indian consulate? when did the Travisa contacted you ? what they wrote to you. What is status of your Passport(you can track on Travisa NYC site)*** It seems to me that your Indian passport is NOT with Travisa as you sent to Consulate
I sent lot of emails to Pushpa, Dr. Anju. No one is responding.
------- what did you wrote to Indian consulate? Pushpa Kumar is for OCI and Anju Kumar is for surrender certificate. again write to them and also send Fax to all.
I am requesting Travisa to please work with OCI to see if they can get the surrender certificate and then get my Entry Visa. I will let you all know what they respond.

By the way my OCI acknowledged on May 19, Photos scanned on May 21.
--------------------- Dont expect OCI in 45-50 days as they are not GRANTING OCI if they dont have surrender certificate. they just acknowledge and Scan the Photo/signature, If OCI status is not GRANTED Delhi is not going to Print the OCI. even if OCI reach NYC they are not going to update the status for many days.
Thanks for all your messages which I have been closely following.
----------------
When one apply OCI then one gets two forms Part A and Part B and on Par B one writes when the person got US Naturalization or US citizenship with date and they were GRANTING OCI based on information on forms A and Form B. do they mean they don’t believe the info on Form B? Then why the form B if they don’t believe the info written on form B. why they were approving OCI for 3 years based on info on Pat A and Part B of OCI forms?

I request to all the friends to Send Email to ALL the officials in NY and Other Emails posted by me in above Post to all . Go to NY Consulate site and send Emails to ALL not only to Mr Bajaj or Pushpa Kumar or Anju Kumar alll should know what is going on and what kind of mess they have created for OCI, PIO and Visa applications.

Mr. N.K. Sarawat deal with VISA and I dont have his Email ID. one need to send Email to him from NYC site Contact us link

This is what the consulate website states now reg May 29th - Do you think we get OCI card also on same day if we go there on Saturday?
In view of the great rush for issue of the surrender certificate, the Indian Consulate will be open on Saturday 29th May, 2010 between 9.00am-5.30 pm for issuing Renunciation/Surrender Certificates.

Applicants who need to travel to India on emergency or whose documents for Overseas Citizenship of India have been received at the Consulate, are advised to come in person, bring all the documents required and complete the surrender/renunciation process (for details, please go to http://indiacgny.org/php/showHighLightDet.php?h_id=138&key=). They will be given their Certificates at the Consulate on the same day.

Has anyone received their SC via mail ? If so, how long it took in the mail process ? I sent the docs last week (reached the consulate on 20th)..

Thanks

Has anyone received their SC via mail ? If so, how long it took in the mail process ? I sent the docs last week (reached the consulate on 20th)..

Thanks
I have not read any post from person who sent Indian Passport for SC by mail and got SC by Mail. You should be after Anju Kumar, Call her, email her.