OCI - Houston Tracker

When did you mail your US passport to Houston. Are you sure they have received it ??

I mailed my passport in the very beginning with the OCI Application in late April. I don't know if I should have done that or not, but now it might be that they've misplaced my passport.

You are not supposed to send the US passport when applying. Only when the U-Visa sticker reaches the Houston consulate (for you on 22 oct) you are supposed to send in the US passport.

So they are waiting for you to send the passport that they already have but don't know. Please send them an email explaining. Maybe they have your passport but dont know about it.

Im going from OKlahoma City to Houston tomorow to pick up my OCI and passport...Does anyone know what information I need, or what I need to take to pick my passport up? Any verification or related documents to take?

Thanks,

July sent

I sent my wife application in July 2010. They acknowledge it on September 10th and send the Canceled Indian Passport with SC at the end of September. Since then no update. I wonder if Houston is processing any application since June as one of my friend who applied in March got it in 2 months. Is anybody in the same situation?

I think they are processing cases on or around June (App ack date). I applied in March and got the whole thing done in 3 weeks.

Does anyone know what time you are allowed to pick up your OCI from Houston?? Is there a specific window in which I have to go pick it up?

Houstan cgi

To submit OCI application is it must to obtain Surrender Certificate or we can submit OCI application + SC application at same time .
Thank you

You can do SC+OCI in the same package (in two envelope's inside a master envelope). I received the SC and OCI is acked.

OCI Houston

I had mailed my application in 1st week of July 2010.
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-SEP-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned
Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

Its says OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from the date of acknowledgment.

When can I expect it to be ready? More than 6 mths had passed since I sent it.

Last edited by a moderator:
dkmar,
i feel there can be some problem with your photo. Contact them personally or by email/letter. You are definitely outside the normal processing time

dkmar,
i feel there can be some problem with your photo. Contact them personally or by email/letter. You are definitely outside the normal processing time

But my Photos have been scanned it says in the status? I have emailed them and no reply. Indian consulate is know for not responding to any query.

Hello All,

I recently applied for renewal of Indian Passport at CGI Houston. My passport was renewed just for a year ! is it a mistake or are now passport issued in US are for 1 year. I am on F1 student visa. If it is a mistake How can I get the error on my passport corrected as it is not my mistake. please let me know how can I get my passport corrected. There is no reply from CGI Houston for my email /phone.

RM

Hello All,

I recently applied for renewal of Indian Passport at CGI Houston. My passport was renewed just for a year ! is it a mistake or are now passport issued in US are for 1 year. I am on F1 student visa. If it is a mistake How can I get the error on my passport corrected as it is not my mistake. please let me know how can I get my passport corrected. There is no reply from CGI Houston for my email /phone.

RM

Hi rm72701
You put your message in the wrong forum tracker. This for OCI applications.

July 31, 2010 application acknowledged at last

We submitted our OCI application on July 31, 2010 and it is acknowledged on Jan 15, 2011. So it is really taking long time.

Expiration Time before OCI Docs received to Houstan and OCI Stamping

Does anybody know after receiving OCI related documents from India to Houston Consulate is there any certain time like 6 months or 1 year before the we should submit Passport to Houston consulate for OCI Stamping?

Any help is truly appreciated...

BTW..

I have applied for OCI in Sep 1st week, ack on Dec 14th and no further status yet.