OCI - Houston Tracker

nri2011:
My wife's case : Applied Sep 23rd. Acked Dec 28.

So it looks like they are for the most part sequentially attending the application. I think it will take another few months or faster.

Need Help

I applied for OCI, The part-A was sent on 10/31 and the website has the File No. but it says "It's not acknowledged" yet. As per Houston, it says not to send Part-B until Part-A is acknowledged.

I have part-B printed but never sent. I am not sure If I should send it now or after Part-A is acknowledged.

I don't want to hang on with the passport stuck in the process for all the processing time.

How long does it take for Part-A to be acknowledged ? If the search by passport number, it finds the file number but not acknowledged. Should I send the Part-B to Houston or wait till Part-A is acknowledged ?

Thanks

I applied for OCI, The part-A was sent on 10/31 and the website has the File No. but it says "It's not acknowledged" yet. As per Houston, it says not to send Part-B until Part-A is acknowledged.

I have part-B printed but never sent. I am not sure If I should send it now or after Part-A is acknowledged.

I don't want to hang on with the passport stuck in the process for all the processing time.

How long does it take for Part-A to be acknowledged ? If the search by passport number, it finds the file number but not acknowledged. Should I send the Part-B to Houston or wait till Part-A is acknowledged ?

Thanks

Pleae read the instructions again. You ahve to send part A and part B with photo/fees and then only it will be acknowledged.
Filling up just part A is meaning less unless you print part A and part Be and send it.
There is a reprint option for printing part A and part B.

Pleae read the instructions again. You ahve to send part A and part B with photo/fees and then only it will be acknowledged.
Filling up just part A is meaning less unless you print part A and part Be and send it.
There is a reprint option for printing part A and part B.

Thanks Emno, I will look in detail and will send the Part-B. Good that I posted here else would have kept waiting forever.

I need to apply OCI for my daughter who is US born. We both (parents) got our OCI few years back. I believe I don't have to go through this SC process for her as I think this is only for Indian born people.

I am planning to apply sometime in FEB (still waiting for US password renewal). She already got valid Indian Visa so we are planning to go to India in June this year. I just wanted to find out if there is any problem in going to India while her OCI application is in process. Based on the current timeline they will still be working on the file when we get back in July. Original passport is not needed till the last stage.

Do you see any problem?

I need to apply OCI for my daughter who is US born. We both (parents) got our OCI few years back. I believe I don't have to go through this SC process for her as I think this is only for Indian born people.

I am planning to apply sometime in FEB (still waiting for US password renewal). She already got valid Indian Visa so we are planning to go to India in June this year. I just wanted to find out if there is any problem in going to India while her OCI application is in process. Based on the current timeline they will still be working on the file when we get back in July. Original passport is not needed till the last stage.

Do you see any problem?

There should be no problem. Go for it!

My wife and I have applied for OCI at CGI Houston. Getting ready to wait for a long time ...

01/18/2011: OCI application mailed
01/20/2011: OCI application received by CGI Houston

My OCI Application (4 passports) is acknowledged today. (Sent the OCI package to the Houston Consulate on Dec 10th (with passport renunciation certificates))

Date Received at Houston: 10th Dec 2010
Date Of Acknowledgment 25-JAN-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 25-JAN-2011
Registration StatusUnderProcess

Does this means I will get it sooner?

Last edited by a moderator:
My OCI Application (4 passports) is acknowledged today. (Sent the OCI package to the Houston Consulate on Dec 10th (with passport renunciation certificates))

Nope. That is the typical timeframe for acknowledgement.
I wish we could apply for a drivers license in CA and apply to the SFO consulate! Those dudes are getting their OCI in 5-6 weeks tops!

I am ready to apply for OCI. Houston area OCI will be oursourced to Travisa from March 15, 2011.
Should I wait and apply from Travisa or should I send it to Houston consulate now.

There is no way to tell which one will be faster in your case.. My preference will be to apply now since you have to wait for 2 more months for travisa.

Do you have the renunciation certificate ready?

I have the renunciation certificate. I am currently inclined to file through Travisa as their website says the OCI processing time is 30 to 60 days. Houston consulate is taking 6 months.

I have the renunciation certificate. I am currently inclined to file through Travisa as their website says the OCI processing time is 30 to 60 days. Houston consulate is taking 6 months.

How do we know that CGI Houston will be bypassed when Travisa starts their processing? I think CGIH needs just needs Travisa's help to double check applications and photos for completeness and accuracy.
I agree with Sethumadhavan.....

I would assume CGI will do their best to clear their backlog before transitioning to the outsourcing arrangement with Transvisa, either complete outsourcing or as GCGolMal suggests CGI doing some critical approval process. Either case I don't see much delay like happened in 2010.

Good to see that the ack is done in 45 days. My OCI app was received at Houston on 27-Dec-2010. Hoping to see the ack next week or the following week.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 months and counting......no end in sight!

Even the passport.gov.in site is down......
I am so tired of CGI Houston! I am in a tricky situation here as I do not have an entry visa. Theoretically I should be very close to the granting of OCI, but I'm not holding my breath.

I saw the below update on CGI Houston website cgihouston.org

No OCI applications will be received by Consulate General of India, Houston from 15th February to 14th March, 2011.