OCI - Houston Tracker

Urgent! Oci online status problem!

Hi
I was trying to check my status online and it says "Application with this number not acknowledged or wrong passport number". My acknowledgement date is actually 9/10/10!
Are others having the same issue as well?
Any feedback is welcome!
Thanks

Hi
I was trying to check my status online and it says "Application with this number not acknowledged or wrong passport number". My acknowledgement date is actually 9/10/10!
Are others having the same issue as well?
Any feedback is welcome!
Thanks

type in us passport#

Hi Emno :

How long does it takes? My application is received on 10th Dec. I get the message : Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number. I did in put the US passport number

Sethumadhavan,

Based on the OCI tracker website, it usually takes 30 days after mailing to get an acknowledgement/photo scan date. After this, you will typically wait for another 5 months before you get approval. Hang on tight. You have some ways to go.

Hi Emno :

How long does it takes? My application is received on 10th Dec. I get the message : Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number. I did in put the US passport number

Sethumadhavan,

Based on the OCI tracker website, it usually takes 30 days after mailing to get an acknowledgement/photo scan date. After this, you will typically wait for another 5 months before you get approval. Hang on tight. You have some ways to go.

setu,
After reading various post in these forums, you may expect your file acknowledged any time after 2 weeks.
I posted around the same time as yours but not yet acknowledged. I will update you as soon as I get it there.

Same here...I'm from NC, applied at Washington,DC. I have been looking at the status. I saw 'printed' status few weeks ago. now it is 'Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number'. I don't have a clue. I sent an email asking for explanation. I will let you know if I get any feedback from nic.

I was at the CGI Houston today. SC is fast if you can go there in person takes about 3 weeks. I handed my personally and was told to come back on Jan 12 to pick it up. I asked them to mail it anyway (drove 360 miles). So hoping it might come around Jan 20.
My OCI app (receive date 10/27) is not yet ack she said might take 15-20 days to ack it. I doubt it but we will see.

Same here...I'm from NC, applied at Washington,DC. I have been looking at the status. I saw 'printed' status few weeks ago. now it is 'Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number'. I don't have a clue. I sent an email asking for explanation. I will let you know if I get any feedback from nic.

you have to fill the usa passport number and application number and then press go. A safety measure others do not peep into your information.

PIO to OCI conversion timeline

I recd my PIO card in early 2009 and recently applied to convert it to OCI.

My timeline:
Appln recd at Houston Consulate- Sep-23-2010
Appln acknowledged/ scanned- Dec-25-2010 (finally!!)
Registration granted- ?
Documents Printed- ?
Documents Dispatched- ?
Documents Received at HOUSTON- ?
Passport/ PIO card sent to Houston- ?
Passport/ OCI card recd- ?

By the way, don't know if anyone else has noticed but the timeline for OCI application according to the Houston OCI webpage now shows 6 months. I dont remember what it said when I sent my appln in September, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 6 months.

PIO to OCI conversion timeline

I recd my PIO card in early 2009 and recently applied to convert it to OCI.

My timeline:
Appln recd at Houston Consulate- Sep-23-2010
Appln acknowledged/ scanned- Dec-25-2010 (finally!!)
Registration granted- ?
Documents Printed- ?
Documents Dispatched- ?
Documents Received at HOUSTON- ?
Passport/ PIO card sent to Houston- ?
Passport/ OCI card recd- ?

By the way, don't know if anyone else has noticed but the timeline for OCI application according to the Houston OCI webpage now shows 6 months. I dont remember what it said when I sent my appln in September, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 6 months.

congrats. you are in the active queue now.
do they work on 25th dec too?

I sent SC and OCI out together but in two different packets. They sent my OCI application back a day after they send the SC. They are asking to attach Surrender Certificate. I sent it back with surrender certificate and the app was acknowledged the next day and money order cashed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats.

did you apply SC/OCI together?

I sent it out together in two different packets. They sent my OCI application back a day after they send the SC. They are asking to attach Surrender Certificate. I sent it back with surrender certificate and the app was acknowledged the next day and money order cashed as well.

I sent it out together in two different packets. They sent my OCI application back a day after they send the SC. They are asking to attach Surrender Certificate. I sent it back with surrender certificate and the app was acknowledged the next day and money order cashed as well.
Surrender Ceritifacte
SC Application Received at CGI Houston 09/09/2010
Money Order for SC cashed on 10/13/2010
Surrender Certificate Received 12/17/2010

OCI
OCI Application Received at CGI Houston 09/09/2010
CGI Houston sent OCI applciation back 12/17/2010 (Asking for Surrender Certificate which they sent me a day before..!!!)
Resubmitted OCI application with Surrender Certificate on 12/21/2010
OCI Application acknowledged and photo scanned 12/23/2010

Thanks for update. I sent both SC and OCI in the same package and wrote cross in the check list.
May be as you sent tow different package, they did not bother to match the SC application pending with them.

So I started this long and complicated process in April. Here is an overview of my application status..

Photo/Signature Scanned - 06-MAY-2010
Registration Status Granted On - 29-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status - PRINTED
Documents Printed On- 15-OCT-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on - 19-OCT-2010
Documents Received at HOUSTON On - 22-OCT-2010

Its been two months since my documents reached Houston, and still they have not mailed the passport with OCI to me in OK. Anyone experience the same thing? or know as to why it takes so long after it gets back to Houston?

So I started this long and complicated process in April. Here is an overview of my application status..

Photo/Signature Scanned - 06-MAY-2010
Registration Status Granted On - 29-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status - PRINTED
Documents Printed On- 15-OCT-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on - 19-OCT-2010
Documents Received at HOUSTON On - 22-OCT-2010

Its been two months since my documents reached Houston, and still they have not mailed the passport with OCI to me in OK. Anyone experience the same thing? or know as to why it takes so long after it gets back to Houston?

When did you mail your US passport to Houston. Are you sure they have received it ??