OCI - Houston Tracker

Surreneder Ceritifacte from Houston..

Anyone waiting on SC for over 3 months from CGI Houston? I sent SC and OCI application in september (received by CGI Houston on 09/09/2010) and still no news. They have cashed my money order for SC. No SC or passport yet.. OCI is not acknowledged either.

I am getting ready to apply SC and OCI together for me/wife and 14 year old.

Few questions,

- Can I download SC form from http://www.embindia.org/eng/documen...les/RENOUNCE_Guide_Fees_Forms-17June2010.pdf? Reason is, this more clear from the form they have on Houston website.
- Can I send all family members applications for both SC and OCI in one package?
- Do I need separate cover letters? Any sample?
- I know I can combine fees for all family members in one check - one for SC and one for OCI, Can I combine mailing fees also or do I have to send it in separate checks?

I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

I am getting ready to apply SC and OCI together for me/wife and 14 year old. I am in Houston region.

Few questions,

- Can I download SC form from http://www.embindia.org/eng/document...7June2010.pdf? Reason is, this more clear from the form they have on Houston website.
better to download from the respective site- Can I send all family members applications for both SC and OCI in one package?
I do not think you need a cover letter for SC. For OCI, download check list from Wshinghton site and fil it up.

- I know I can combine fees for all family members in one check - one for SC and one for OCI, Can I combine mailing fees also or do I have to send it in separate checks?
Yes. Mail fee can bee added to the normal fee. Do not combine the OCI fee/mail with SC fee/mail

Thanks.

hop this helps. Thats what I did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akash,

It is better to get the SC before applying for OCI. If you see replies from other members in this thread (page 44) OCI packet was returned. SC has to be included in the OCI application otherwise it gets rejected.

I am not sure if anything has changed now. If you know of anyone who has sent SC and OCI together and got processed please share the experience.

Thanks

I am getting ready to apply SC and OCI together for me/wife and 14 year old.

Few questions,

- Can I download SC form from Reason is, this more clear from the form they have on Houston website.
- Can I send all family members applications for both SC and OCI in one package?

Thanks.

Does anybody know how to find the renunciation form at CGI Houston web site? If so, can you please let me know? I can find it at other CGI sites but not at Houston site. Thanks in advance.

Does anybody know how to find the renunciation form at CGI Houston web site? If so, can you please let me know? I can find it at other CGI sites but not at Houston site. Thanks in advance.

I understand...it's like a top secret doc.....if renunciation certificate is so important, why don't they just post a link to it on the home page along with other services :(
Anyway, click on the "Latest advisory regarding renunciation of Indian citizenship" link and check inside the doc for the link.....

I cannot post URLs...Here is the link...
cgihouston.org/renunciation_form.pdf

SC Received Finally :):)

Finally got SC after over 100 days.:confused::confused:

SC received by Fedex on 10-Dec-2010 (Total 107 Days wait).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting mixed reviews for filing oci/sc together. Anyone please advise, is it ok to file together or apply sc first and wait for it.

I have few questions regarding my SC application.

1. My son does not have Naturalization cert. what document do I mail
2. My Indian passport does not have my middle name but my Nat Cert has, will that be a problem in Houston Consulate.
3. Does the SC form have to be notarized.

Thanks again. really appreciate it.

2. My Indian passport does not have my middle name but my Nat Cert has, will that be a problem in Houston Consulate.

for your son, attach parents' cert.
I am not sure if the missing middle name will cause any problem. My guess, it may not.

dsufac, you can't do much about the name mismatch now because you already have your naturalization certificate. Anyway, send a notarized affidavit showing both names stating that you are the person with those two names, including copies of your passport and naturalization certificate. I have seen a few cases where name mismatch is causing issues during OCI processing. This is why I made sure my naturalization certificate was going to have my name exactly as it appears in my passport during my interview.

For others, if you are attending your interviews soon, ask the IO during interview to use your name from your current passport as your legal name.

I plan to go to Houston consulate on 12/23 for my SC and see what they will tell me about my missing middle name from Indian passport. Will update if I go there.
If any one has any suggestion what to take there, you are most welcome to suggest.

Thanks

emno: Yes he did apply SC/OCI together; Read his thread no:1361 above in this page
Anyone waiting on SC for over 3 months from CGI Houston? I sent SC and OCI application in september (received by CGI Houston on 09/09/2010) and still no news. They have cashed my money order for SC. No SC or passport yet.. OCI is not acknowledged either.

Yes I did apply togehter but is only 2 weeks so I will wait for some more time to get acknolledged.