OCI - Houston Tracker

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
OP has deleted the thread we had for Houston or did I miss it. Looks like OPs done with the process and thought it's not needed anymore.

Oh well, here is my info:

Part A 02/03/2006
Mailed on 04/05/2006
Received on 04/07/2006
Under Process 04/26/2006
Granted 05/06/2006 06/02/2006 - I was granted first (I'm not principal applicant) and then three other family members though we all applied together
Photos Scanned 05/31/2006
Docs Printed 05/31/2006 06/02/2006
Docs Dispatched From MHA 06/03/2006 06/06/2006
Docs Received by Houston 06/06/2006 06/09/2006
OCI Ready Email 06/09/2006
PPs Sent 06/13/2006
PPs Received by Houton 06/15/2006
OCI Received 07/07/2006
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dallasn400guy

Registered Users (C)
Needurhelp, did it take 2 or 4 months to complete your process?

Did you start the process in April or Feb'06? Thanks. DallasN400 Guy
 

workhomes2003

Registered Users (C)
Is the photo requirement same as US PP photo ?

Also can I file for OCI after taking OATH with natulization certificate before getting US PP ?
 

mangal969

Registered Users (C)
workhomes2003 said:
Is the photo requirement same as US PP photo ?

Not quite.You'll need to trim ita bit.

Also can I file for OCI after taking OATH with natulization certificate before getting US PP ?

Nope.Passport is necessary
 

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
dallasn400guy said:
Did you start the process in April or Feb'06? Thanks. DallasN400 Guy

Though submitted Part A in Feb 06, we did not send the docs until April 06.

Based on how our files were processed, the processing doesn't start until they receive the docs physically.

So start counting the weeks from the submittal of the docs.
 

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
workhomes2003 said:
Is the photo requirement same as US PP photo ?

Also can I file for OCI after taking OATH with natulization certificate before getting US PP ?

In our case, we sent the 2 by 2 pix, which is normal US PP size. Since the pix get scanned anyways, we ignored the part about it being something other than 2 by 2. It worked, of course, we haven't seen our PPs yet. Donno how awful they look. Gimme a week and will let you know. Houston received our PPs yesterday.

On US PP topic, I agree with Mangal, u need ur US PP.
 

workhomes2003

Registered Users (C)
thanks Mangal969 & needurhelp.
I will be applying for only 1 person(myself). There are few PART A pages ( for each person) in the form. Should I remove those pages from the form or leave them empty and mail...
 

Fellow_immig

Registered Users (C)
2 months

Just wanted to give you an update, I R'cvd my U visa and OCI card by Fedex today. Thanks for all the informative discussions and helpful members.

Here is my timelines:

Part A 04/26/2006
Mailed on 04/27/2006
Received on 04/28/2006
Under Process 05/05/2006
Granted 06/02/2006
Photos Scanned 05/31/2006
Docs Printed 06/02/2006
Docs Dispatched From MHA 06/06/2006
Docs Received by Houston 06/09/2006
OCI Ready Email 06/09/2006
PP Sent 06/12/2006
PP Received by Houton 06/13/2006
PP & OCI Received with stamped visa 6/21/2006

Thanks & Good Luck to all.
Dev
 

workhomes2003

Registered Users (C)
that's great, fellow_immig. I am going to apply in houston next week. Once I start filling the forms , I might ask you questions....
 

vlmeda

Registered Users (C)
we sent our passports to houston on June 10th but we have not recieved our PP's till now. how many days does it generally take. what is the mode of despatch. we r trying to call the consulate with no luck

thanks
 

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
vlmeda said:
we sent our passports to houston on June 10th but we have not recieved our PP's till now. how many days does it generally take. what is the mode of despatch. we r trying to call the consulate with no luck

thanks

Did you send your PPs after they sent you the email that the Visa is ready?

If you did, you shud have received the visa's by now. Fellowimmig sent them on 12 and he already received them two days ago.

Odds of winning a lottery is lot higher than talking to a human in the Houston consulate.

The name of the game they play successfully is WAIT PATIENTLY....
 

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
workhomes2003 said:
do you have to fill part A online only or can I mail it(surface mail) ?

Either will do. It's upto u whether u wanna do snail mail or apply online.

If u apply online u'll get the ref num right away so that u can check the status online.
 

query11

Banned
workhomes2003 said:
that's great, fellow_immig. I am going to apply in houston next week. Once I start filling the forms , I might ask you questions....

look at u citizenship/sponsoring ur relatives and now applying for pio...u r in love with immigration...
just kidding
best of luck
 

workhomes2003

Registered Users (C)
After filling the forms, both sets( 2 sets of Part A & b) to be mailed to CGI-houston right ? Also do they accept the OCI forms in person at the houston consulate ? I would like to invalidate my indian pp and also submit the forms in person ....
 

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
workhomes2003 said:
After filling the forms, both sets( 2 sets of Part A & b) to be mailed to CGI-houston right ? Also do they accept the OCI forms in person at the houston consulate ? I would like to invalidate my indian pp and also submit the forms in person ....

I'm not sure about the Part A, but u shud be able to submit ur docs personally. While u r there u can get ur PP cancelled too, but I think u have to go later in the day to pick up the PP.

I'm from Atlanta and not from Houston, since u r in Houston, give it a try and see.

If u r not from Houston, r u paranoid that ur docs may be lost in the mail????
 

workhomes2003

Registered Users (C)
needurhelp said:
I'm not sure about the Part A, but u shud be able to submit ur docs personally. While u r there u can get ur PP cancelled too, but I think u have to go later in the day to pick up the PP.

I'm from Atlanta and not from Houston, since u r in Houston, give it a try and see.

If u r not from Houston, r u paranoid that ur docs may be lost in the mail????


thanks for the response. I live in HOuston. I have not submitted yet..I am waiting for my PP anyday now..
 

needurhelp

Registered Users (C)
workhomes2003 said:
Did U all mailed(snail mail)the Part A to Houson CGI or Filled online ? Let me know please.

Since u live in Houston, a trip to consulate will not go waste.

While I was checking the online status for our OCI apps, I have noticed several of them did not have the Online Registration Number. My guess is these applicants did not submit the forms online but submitted on paper.

Let us know the outcome of ur case.
 
Top