• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Hello everyone
I'm in Kenya Africa, born and raised but I won an OC 2024 DV 2024 lottery CN 21xx . What are the cases of being rejected because I'm not from OC region countries?

Hello everyone
I'm in Kenya Africa, born and raised but I won an OC 2024 DV 2024 lottery CN 21xx . What are the cases of being rejected because I'm not from OC region countries?
Oh this pretty sad. It's highly likely to be bad news for you. I wonder how this happened? Was it a mistake you made or a misunderstanding?

Hello everyone
What was the basis of your being charged to the OC region?

I really don't know or understand why they based me at OC region
“They” did not base you at OC region. It is not a misunderstanding on “their” part. You must have mistakenly selected one of the countries within the OC region as your chargeability country when you submitted your entry. Your mouse probably scrolled down to select Kiribati, an OC region country which is alphabetically listed right after Kenya on the drop down menu when you were selecting your chargeability country, hence your selection with the OC region.

Unfortunately I see no way forward for you, not unless you were married to someone from the OC region at the time of your entry submission.

“They” did not base you at OC region. It is not a misunderstanding on “their” part. You must have mistakenly selected one of the countries within the OC region as your chargeability country when you submitted your entry. Your mouse probably scrolled down to select Kiribati, an OC region country which is alphabetically listed right after Kenya on the drop down menu when you were selecting your chargeability country, hence your selection with the OC region.

Unfortunately I see no way forward for you, not unless you were married to someone from the OC region at the time of your entry submission.
Mom is correct, disqualification is certain. You can see the country of chargeability on the 1NL (the "selected" letter).

@lavpattel @emlyt Congratulations guys for getting approved.

Thank you! We are very relieved and excited.

The interview itself was very straightforward. The questions were mainly directed at my partner as he is the principal applicant. They were what he does for work (IT operations), what he studied (Business Degree), where we are planning on residing in the US and when we got married (we married after the lottery win and before the DS-260 submission).

Thank you! We are very relieved and excited.

The interview itself was very straightforward. The questions were mainly directed at my partner as he is the principal applicant. They were what he does for work (IT operations), what he studied (Business Degree), where we are planning on residing in the US and when we got married (we married after the lottery win and before the DS-260 submission).
What a great success story. Thank you for sharing.

Hey! Our number is due to become current in the July bulletin and I have a few questions:
1. We have moved houses since we submitted the DS-260 should we update this? I read that the NVC can email or post a welcome letter to us (this hasn’t happened yet).
2. I track the dvcharts website regulary. I did notice though that some cases around our number (before and after) have SUV listed as the consulate, status as ‘ready’ and the submission date but ours doesn’t have any information apart from “NVC” as the status. We put Sydney down as our consulate. Does this mean that Suva is ahead of Sydney? We are happy to email KCC and request a consulate change to Suva if that means we get processed faster. Just don’t want to risk not getting an interview before September or the visas run out.

Thanks in advance!

heyy!!! I'm OC 24XX what do yoou folks think about chances of getting interviewed this year?
The July bulletin just got released with advance numbers for August. The bulletin didn’t progress for OC in the last month.

With only one more bulletin to go this financial year, I don’t think the odds are in your favor for it to jump by over 400 :-(