• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Hey! Our number is due to become current in the July bulletin and I have a few questions:
1. We have moved houses since we submitted the DS-260 should we update this? I read that the NVC can email or post a welcome letter to us (this hasn’t happened yet).
2. I track the dvcharts website regulary. I did notice though that some cases around our number (before and after) have SUV listed as the consulate, status as ‘ready’ and the submission date but ours doesn’t have any information apart from “NVC” as the status. We put Sydney down as our consulate. Does this mean that Suva is ahead of Sydney? We are happy to email KCC and request a consulate change to Suva if that means we get processed faster. Just don’t want to risk not getting an interview before September or the visas run out.

Thanks in advance!

You aren’t able to change your consulate without a valid reason (ie. Do you live in Suva? Work there).

The bulletin just got released today with no movement for July. Does that mean you’re still waiting to be current?

You aren’t able to change your consulate without a valid reason (ie. Do you live in Suva? Work there).

The bulletin just got released today with no movement for July. Does that mean you’re still waiting to be current?
Ahhh ok thank you! No we live and work in Australia and a friend who was successful a couple year ago went to Suva but I believe the Sydney consulate was closed.

Our number is OC18XX and July is 2000

Hey! Our number is due to become current in the July bulletin and I have a few questions:
1. We have moved houses since we submitted the DS-260 should we update this? I read that the NVC can email or post a welcome letter to us (this hasn’t happened yet).
2. I track the dvcharts website regulary. I did notice though that some cases around our number (before and after) have SUV listed as the consulate, status as ‘ready’ and the submission date but ours doesn’t have any information apart from “NVC” as the status. We put Sydney down as our consulate. Does this mean that Suva is ahead of Sydney? We are happy to email KCC and request a consulate change to Suva if that means we get processed faster. Just don’t want to risk not getting an interview before September or the visas run out.

Thanks in advance!
We are also in the same situation with OC 19xx as our case number and our embassy is Mumbai which is doing alright so far. Numbers above us upto OC1994 and below us received 2nl on 31st May but we are still at NVC. We were not late in submitting our DS 260 which was submitted on 21 May 2023. CEAC log in shows applications completed. So we are also very worried why our case is still at NVC.

We are also in the same situation with OC 19xx as our case number and our embassy is Mumbai which is doing alright so far. Numbers above us upto OC1994 and below us received 2nl on 31st May but we are still at NVC. We were not late in submitting our DS 260 which was submitted on 21 May 2023. CEAC log in shows applications completed. So we are also very worried why our case is still at NVC.
Guys. Suva is the only embassy that sent 2nl above 1900. Sydney sent 6 2nl but all were below 1900.

are numbers below 2000 current now or in the month of July. I get myself confused.

We seem to be the same which makes me a little worried as to why our applications/numbers aren’t being processed before numbers above us? Is it all based off of when we submitted the DS260?

are numbers below 2000 current now or in the month of July. I get myself confused.

We seem to be the same which makes me a little worried as to why our applications/numbers aren’t being processed before numbers above us? Is it all based off of when we submitted the DS260?
Go check @Xarthisius website. Download the data file. @Britsimon has a lot of videos explaining how you can extract this information.

The numbers become current for interviews in July but the 2nls for interviews are sent 6 to 8 weeks ahead. So for July interviews, 2nls have been sent on 31st May.
When you submit the DS 260 does seem to play a role but if it is submitted well and early as we did in May 2023, it should not be a problem?

The numbers become current for interviews in July but the 2nls for interviews are sent 6 to 8 weeks ahead. So for July interviews, 2nls have been sent on 31st May.
When you submit the DS 260 does seem to play a role but if it is submitted well and early as we did in May 2023, it should not be a problem?
Ohhh ok! I think ours was submitted September as we waiting until after our wedding as we didn’t want to adjust the application and make it look like we got married for the sake of the visa.

I think you are all good to go. The only thing now is how your embassy will perform.

Ohhh ok! I think ours was submitted September as we waiting until after our wedding as we didn’t want to adjust the application and make it look like we got married for the sake of the visa.
Feeling a bit relieved after watching BritSimon again. :)

Feeling a bit relieved after watching BritSimon again. :)
That was super helpful! I was looking at the data provided on the xarthisus and it looks like the number 1856 is the last number currently to be scheduled for an interview in Sydney. Suva has more scheduled going up over 1900. Between 1856-1900 there are 10 numbers that say that they are at “NVC”. I’m assuming they will be the ones scheduled next (if interviews are available). But looking through the data, not all numbers that say “NVC” change to “ready” so not sure if that is because their DS260 has not been processed?

That was super helpful! I was looking at the data provided on the xarthisus and it looks like the number 1856 is the last number currently to be scheduled for an interview in Sydney. Suva has more scheduled going up over 1900. Between 1856-1900 there are 10 numbers that say that they are at “NVC”. I’m assuming they will be the ones scheduled next (if interviews are available). But looking through the data, not all numbers that say “NVC” change to “ready” so not sure if that is because their DS260 has not been processed?
True, not all numbers that say NVC change to ready, issued etc. Not sure of all the reasons why they remain as At NVC.

Yeap alot of cases are on NVC status.

Can anyone who has gone through their DV2024 interviews at Suva US Embassy share their their interview experiences, possible questions or any other helpful information. Britsimon has a section on his website on this but mostly AF cases. Appreciate your replies..

There are 31numbers of NVC cases between the case numbers 1850 to 2000 that went current for July interviews