Non RIR Discussion Only !

Friends, please help me.

My case is TR LC (PD 03/2003).
We finished newspaper advertisements on Feb, 2005 according to instructions from Ohio SWA.
The recruitment report was submitted at that time. Then my case was transferred to Backlog center..
Yesterday, I got "NOF" intent to deny from Dallas Backlog Elimination Center.
The finding is:
The employer's wage offer didn't meet the prevailing rate of wage..

I have some questions:
1. Who can make a decision on the prevailing wage? The Ohio SWA or Backlog center (My Case is TR)?
2. Is that possible that further recruitment is required?

What should I do?
1. Increase the salary according to the "NOF"? (My current salary is higher than the expected salary of Backlog Center).
2. Write back to the Backlog center and ask them to correct the wrong "NOF".
(My lawyer wants to do this way. He told me the backlog center trades my case as RIR other than TR because RIR's prevailing wage is determined by current job market and TR's prevailing wage is determined by the old job market.)

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you very much!

CASE Type: TR/EB3
PD: March 2003
STATE: OH
Supervised Recruitment under Ohio SWA: Feb. 05
AJB ad on March, 4, 2007
AJB ad removed on April 10, 2007
NOF Received : May,1 2007

TR to RIR successful conversion

Today I checked my case online and my case Processing Type is changed to "RIR", though Status is still "In Process". We started this conversion process in Sep 2006. Can anyone share their experience of Labor 'certified 'after TR to RIR conversion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I checked my case online and my case Processing Type is changed to "RIR", though Status is still "In Process". We started this conversion process in Sep 2006. Can anyone share their experience of Labor 'certified 'after TR to RIR conversion?

READ THE FACTS:

Conversion announcement was published in October 6, 2006. How could you start the conversion on September?

October 6, 2006, RIR Conversion Extension

Because the Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) application processing takes significantly less time than Traditional Recruitment (TR) to reach resolution on the application, the Department of Labor (DOL) previously encouraged employers to convert TR applications to RIR by following the process established by 66 FR 40584. The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) announces that it is extending the application date for employers who wish to convert their TR applications to RIR applications.

As of this announcement, any TR application (excluding those for schedule B occupations) submitted to a SWA with a postmark dated on or before March 28, 2005 may request conversion to RIR by following the established process. For additional information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section here.

Online Status shows CERTIFIED!!!!

Finally after 5 and 1/2 years Online Status Check shows that my case is Certified. Yet to receive hard copy. Thank you all for your support and sharing your ideas. Looks like they are doing some work at DBEC. Please see signature for more details.

Saw the good news

Nearly after 5 years, Online Status Check shows that my case is Certified. Yet to receive hard copy. I want to thank you everybody who provides support by answering questions and sharing ideas. Hope everybody who are waiting will get the good news soon. Hope to meet you guys in 140 and 485 forums.

My two other colleagues got certified last month with exactly similar details.
Please see signature for more details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally after 5 and 1/2 years Online Status Check shows that my case is Certified. Yet to receive hard copy. Thank you all for your support and sharing your ideas. Looks like they are doing some work at DBEC. Please see signature for more details.

First of all, Congratulations on the labor success.

Second of all, how did you manage to correct the case after it was withdrawn by BEC? Did they do it without your contact or what are the steps in correcting the case?

Thank you

still waiting for my RI

Please see my signature, I'm still waiting for recruitment instructions from PBEC with a priority date of Jan., 2002. All the co-workers around me have finished recruitment, with earlier or later priority date than mine. I'm wondering if anyone is like me here, or I'm the only one. Official link shows my status still "in progress", and no ads on AJB for me.

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to figure out when the recruitment period ends? Can we assume once the job posting is removed from AJB, the recruitment period ends then.

Please see my signature, I'm still waiting for recruitment instructions from PBEC with a priority date of Jan., 2002. All the co-workers around me have finished recruitment, with earlier or later priority date than mine. I'm wondering if anyone is like me here, or I'm the only one. Official link shows my status still "in progress", and no ads on AJB for me.
My priority date is 11 months later than yours. I got my RI in March and now I'm waiting for RRI. If I were you I'd check with your lawyer/employer and ask them to contact BEC regarding a hold-up in your case.

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to figure out when the recruitment period ends? Can we assume once the job posting is removed from AJB, the recruitment period ends then.
It is indicated in Recruitment Instructions that your lawyer/employer should've received from BEC.

LAbor Approved

I am very happy to say that my Labor got approved after 4 yr 8months. I checked the online on friday and it reflected the status as Approved. Need to to wait for the documents.

PD : Sept 2002
case Type: TR
State MN
Went to Chicago REgion and then moved to DBEC.
Got 45 day letter in early march and lawyer replied in a week.
Labor Certified 5/4/2007

:)

First of all, Congratulations on the labor success.

Second of all, how did you manage to correct the case after it was withdrawn by BEC? Did they do it without your contact or what are the steps in correcting the case?

Thank you

My lawyer contacted DBEC and reopened the case. He will not provide me any details but it was reopened the same day that he contacted DBEC. I am assuming it must be by email because DBEC informed him by email that the case was reopend. Unfortunately I do not know the email address or the exact details.

How to find posting at AJB

I tried various things but could not find my job posting at www.ajb.org.
The recruitment period had already started by DOL about 20 days back.
Can someone help me on this.

Thanks
Saurav

Ajb

Option 1:
Click on JOB NUMBER > SEARCH FIELD pick "Company Job Id" > Enter you ID "D-XXXXXXXXXX" or just enter your numerical ID > Select "Identical Matches" radio button if you know your ID or Select Partial Matches" if you are not sure of the whole number.

Option 2:
Click on QUICK SEARCH > Select "Computer & Mathematical" > ENTER KEY WORD field enter something like "senior or software or test or engineer" > ENTER US CITY or ZIP CODE enter your ZIP CODE" > Click SEARCH NOW > This option will give you the list of jobs posted by TEAM EXCEED > Look/Search for your JOB ID number

This should help you to find your adv otherwise let me know if you have any questions.

All the Best

I tried various things but could not find my job posting at www.ajb.org.
The recruitment period had already started by DOL about 20 days back.
Can someone help me on this.

Thanks
Saurav

Is there a timeline to submit the RRI?

Hi,

I would like to know that is there a timeline to submit the RRI (Recruitment Report) back to DBEC after receiving the one from DBEC?

Thanks in advance.

timeline

Hi,

I would like to know that is there a timeline to submit the RRI (Recruitment Report) back to DBEC after receiving the one from DBEC?

Thanks in advance.

Read the RRI that you got from DBEC. It should say last day of receipt, in my case it was 30 days from issuance.

Certified!!!

My labor got approved online 4/24, received the paperwork on 4/30.
RR was submitted 3/22.Thanks to everybody on this forum and Good luck for next stages.