Non RIR Discussion Only !

Please let this not be a glitch ...

After months of seeing "In Process", my case today finally shows "Certified". I am praying this not a technical glitch. I filed for RIR conversion on 2/28 but my case shows TR Certified today.

My details are below:
DBEC - TR - EB3
PD: Oct 2003
ETA Case #: D-05201-3****
Case Status: CERTIFIED
FILED FOR RIR CONVERSION: 2/28/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Nof.

I got a NOF...my lawyer said its no big deal but you've to give AD in the newspaper after this NOF. Did this ever happen to anyone? thanks in advance.

I got a NOF...my lawyer said its no big deal but you've to give AD in the newspaper after this NOF. Did this ever happen to anyone? thanks in advance.
Try posting in the NOF thread. I've seen some folks there that posted "certified" after NOF. I'm not sure if repeated advertising is required by default, that is probably why you got an NOF - there was something wrong with your old ad. Be carefult not to make the same mistake, especially if it's your lawyer's fault.

Can you tell us why you got an NOF?

quick update.
My office got a recrutment report on April 20th . One candidate. Not a US sitezen or PR .
Summary on recrutment will be sent to BEC .

When did your recrutement period.

quick update.
My office got a recrutment report on April 20th . One candidate. Not a US sitezen or PR .
Summary on recrutment will be sent to BEC .

Hi, My recrutement was done as of last monday, so trying to get a sense of when we can expect a recrutement report from BEC. Can you please share when was your month period of recrutement.

Thanks,
-nk..

Try posting in the NOF thread. I've seen some folks there that posted "certified" after NOF. I'm not sure if repeated advertising is required by default, that is probably why you got an NOF - there was something wrong with your old ad. Be carefult not to make the same mistake, especially if it's your lawyer's fault.

Can you tell us why you got an NOF?

something to do with prevailing wages.

How to find AJG posting...

My company has received RI from BEC. Can some one help to to find AJB posting for the my job.

I appereciate any help on this.

Saurav

My company has received RI from BEC. Can some one help to to find AJB posting for the my job.

I appereciate any help on this.

Saurav

Hi Saurav,

On ajb.org site. In the Step1 search key you put the ETA Case number. Try without the first letter (Ex: 0523463636) and Step2 put the zip code. If you don't get any output in Step2, choose entire United states (second radio button) and try. Try with different cobinations of your ETA Case number. Mine was without the hyphens.

Hope this helps
longgcwisher

Certfied!

Finally after 2047 days my case shows CERTIFIED online. Waiting for the hard copy.
I just want to thank God and all of you for all the encouragement and support during these uncertain times. Please hang in there. You too will see your case certified. Starting my next journey for I140.....:D

time

Finally after 2047 days my case shows CERTIFIED online. Waiting for the hard copy.
I just want to thank God and all of you for all the encouragement and support during these uncertain times. Please hang in there. You too will see your case certified. Starting my next journey for I140.....:D

hello Dianasteve

how many days after you sent the final set of docs to DOL did u see your case certified online.
thanks

RI for MA case

Dear friends,
I just got a mail from the attorney that she recd RI(from PBEC) for my case. She sent a mail to my boss who Fwed to me. Most of you have gone through it. Could you please tell me what are the things I should be careful about ? I do not want to take things for granted.
Appreciate your help and good wishes to you all.

EB3-MA-TR-06/04 (RI recd 03/25/07)
EB2-MA-PERM-11/06 (certified, 140 pendin

Dear friends,
I just got a mail from the attorney that she recd RI(from PBEC) for my case. She sent a mail to my boss who Fwed to me. Most of you have gone through it. Could you please tell me what are the things I should be careful about ? I do not want to take things for granted.
Appreciate your help and good wishes to you all.
Well, if you have a lawyer, she should be doing all this. Otherwise, pretty much follow everything from the RI. First, I'd check your ad at the ajb.org website. (How to find it was discussed earlier in the forum.) Make sure that the info there is OK. If not, bug your lawyer to contact BEC to change it ASAP. BEC's are very slow to respond, so everything has to be done in advance.

Second, you will have to post an ad in a local newspaper of general circulation (by you, I mean your lawyer and/or employer). Be careful how you compose that ad. First, follow everything from the RI. The most important is to include job title, and exact job description as it was filed in form ETA 750 A. I'd do it word to word. This ad will be quite costly, so it won't be nice if BEC makes you to re-advertise because of a small mistake. Some people here suggested that the company name shouldn't necessarily be included in the ad. I don't know. For me, it didn't matter, so we included it. The salary is also very important and should be included. Take the salary exactly from RI. Then, you should also include contact information for BEC, not your employer's. This will be the address and fax number as you see them in RI. Also they require you to instruct potential applicants to reference your case number, so include it as well.

Run this ad for 3 days. BEC suggests that one day could be Sunday. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. So pick days yourself, and don't wait too long.

Well, I'd guess, that is pretty much it. Oh yeah, there's also job posting in the office. But, I'm sure your lawyer can figure that one out -- it's an easy one. After that, good luck and keep your fingures crossed for one month so that not many people respond the ads. At the end of the 30-day period, you should receive Recruitment Report Instructions where BEC will send additional information and resumes of all the people who responded the job posting.

Guys, RI states that the job posting in the office of alien's employment shall be displayed for 10 days.

Does that mean ten "calendar" (consecutive) or business days? In other words if it was posted on 4-16-07, when shall it be removed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, RI states that the job posting in the office of alien's employment shall be displayed for 10 days.

Does that mean ten "calendar" (consecutive) or business days? In other words if it was posted on 4-16-07, when shall it be removed?
10 consecutive business days. That means 10 consecutive working days excluding weekends and any federal, state or local public holidays.