Non RIR Discussion Only !

My case shows up as closed

I was checking my case status in http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov and it shows up as closed.

I tried calling and intimating my Lawyer and HR about this. Lawyer said they are trying to call the DOL and find out the reason why they closed my case.

Anything else that can be done?

There is nothing much, you could do, other than getting your lawyers to call PBEC and send in a fax requesting to re-open the case.

I was checking my case status in http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov and it shows up as closed.

I tried calling and intimating my Lawyer and HR about this. Lawyer said they are trying to call the DOL and find out the reason why they closed my case.

Anything else that can be done?

some updates

Thanks NJ-TR.

My Lawyers did call the DOL and asked the reason for closing my case and they mentioned that they have not received "Recruitment Report".

My Lawyer has mentioned that we have not yet received "Recruitment Report Instructions" from the DOL to file the report. Lawyer mentioned that DOL has agreed to open the case and send these instructions again.

Not sure if DOL sent these instructions and we never received them. Hope they reopen my case and send these instructions again and we receive them this time.

Labor Substitution Question - Please Respond

Hello Gurus,

I have a pretty messed up Labor Application (see signature below). However, my company and attorney have agreed to do a labor substitution for me. This is a colleague's TR application with a PD of April 2002 (still current). He already got his GC through his wife's application.

Is it true that Labor substitution will be eliminated in a couple of days?

What are my chances of being able to use this labor, once certified?

The recruitment period for my colleague's labor ended last week. How long will it be before I can file I-140?

Thanks.

Just Do It!

Hello Gurus,

I have a pretty messed up Labor Application (see signature below). However, my company and attorney have agreed to do a labor substitution for me. This is a colleague's TR application with a PD of April 2002 (still current). He already got his GC through his wife's application.

Is it true that Labor substitution will be eliminated in a couple of days?

What are my chances of being able to use this labor, once certified?

The recruitment period for my colleague's labor ended last week. How long will it be before I can file I-140?

Thanks.

No one knows if all the certified labor will be thrown to trash. Initially they have a mandate that once the labor is approved and if the employer is willing to substitute, he/she/they have 45 days grace period. But oh law broke the news yesterday and didn't mention anything about 45 days period. You may better off filing it ASAP, if you can since its not been filed to federal register - once its filed, it becomes law. (SO AS OF TODAY OF THIS WRITING ITS NOT LAW)

My lawyer sent in my recruitment report 3 weeks ago to DBEC and still i am in process.Anybody have any idea how long it takes for certification once your RR is sent in.I have read on the forums that some people got approved in 9 days.There was no applicants for the job on their jobbank website or on newpaper adds so i dont know what the hold up is and everything was done to DBEC s specifications.Lawyer tells me to wait.By the way April 27th was the 6th year that i have been enslaved by DBEC.
Priority date 04-27-2001 EB3 india.If anybody is in same boat let me know

Labordrags,

Thanks for the response. I am waiting for my colleague's labor to be certified. It may take a few weeks since his recruitment period ended last week. So, I am hoping I will be able to do this.

Thanks.

No one knows if all the certified labor will be thrown to trash. Initially they have a mandate that once the labor is approved and if the employer is willing to substitute, he/she/they have 45 days grace period. But oh law broke the news yesterday and didn't mention anything about 45 days period. You may better off filing it ASAP, if you can since its not been filed to federal register - once its filed, it becomes law. (SO AS OF TODAY OF THIS WRITING ITS NOT LAW)

anyone got RRI recently?

My recruitment period ended two weeks ago, but I haven't got RRI yet. Anyone got RRI recently?
:confused:

Rri

Hi dougdandan,

I am in the same boat as you. My ajb ad was removed on 4/23 and no information yet.

longgcwisher

My job was removed Apr 11, got the RRI on April 16. Sent all docs back to DBEC April 30 and now just waiting for labor certification.

PD: May 2002
DBEC
waiting for decision now

AJB ended on 4/11 still no sign from BEC

Me too in exactly the same boat. My ajb add was removed too on 4/23. No information yet... Please keep posted if you receive a response from BEC.

My AJB was removed on 4/11 and official recruitment period ended on 4/13. Nothing yet from BEC. Asked lawyer to follow up and they threaten me that my "close involvement" will jeopardize my case as I am not suppose to get involved.
I wish I could fire their @#!^ a.. off.

Wow, I can't image that Dallas is slow as hell now (it's been reported that PBEC was that way). Anyone who got their RRI recently? (Also state when your recruitment period ended)

As for bugging them with "when" question, I'd hold off for at least a little while. It sounds to me like there are couple old ladies that are handling all the cases there. So give them some breathing time :) We've been waiting for several years so what would couple extra weeks do?

LC Not received

My labor shows certified. But it has been around two months but have not received a copy yet. My attorney contacted DOL, they say it was already posted six weeks back. Neither my employer nor my attorney received a hard copy of it.

Anyone have the same issue? Can I request a copy of it?

PD: May 2002 EB2.

NON RIR - EB3
State : WI
PD : 10/31/2003
45 Day letter : 04/2006
Ad Posted on AJB : 03/04/07
Ad Removed on AJB: 04/18/07
RI received on 03/29/07
RI responded on 4/23/07
End of recruitment peirod received on 05/01/07.
D05187XXXXX

AJB removed my ad from the website today. Hoping it may take another month to complete the whole process.
---------------
NON RIR - EB3
State : WI
PD : 10/31/2003
45 Day letter : 04/2006
Ad Posted on AJB : 03/04/07
Ad Removed on AJB: 04/18/07
RI received on 03/29/07
D05187XXXXX

My add was posted/removed at AJB and we haven't heard anything from DBEC, not even Recruitment Instructions.
What is happening??? See my signature for details. Please somebody help...