Non RIR Discussion Only !

seeking advice

Guys,
My lawyer filed for the LC under the EB2 category in May 2004. My Job designation was Software Developer at that time and the job requirements would have forced us to file under EB3 category. So he told me that by the time my case is reviewed in a couple of years, i should have received a promotion to Sr. Software Developer whose Job requirements fall into the EB2 category so thats the category where we applied by stating the Job requirements for the Senior post.
However in the past 21/2 years i have received no promotion :mad: and i was thinking of moving my case to PERM with the same PD. Now my position in my company is still Software Developer and not the senior post that has the job requirements posted for the LC. What issues will that cost? will my Labor get denied because of that? Do i have to hold the position in my company that the job requirements were posted for? If thats the case then i can still maybe request my company for the promotion with a pay cut and they might oblige.
Could somebody please advice me on this issue. If i need to hold the senior position then i might as well wait in the TR line and hope that i get my promotion next year before my case comes for review

nkimmigration said:
Please folks am in desperate need of some advice. Please... respond, anyone??

-nk..

well, nobody knows for sure a correct answer for your question. try sending email to that 7thyr extension id, if u some RD, then your case went to dol after the recruitment. if so, you may not be asked for future recruitment. if your case was transferred from SWA to PBEC, then plan for the worse(hit by recruitment??) personally i know people, whose employer may not advertise, if asked for new recruitment. so just keeping fingers crossed...
nothing much we can do, except to pack bags and leave to our motherland(that too , if we have guts enough to do this..., personally i don't have, so just hanging in here for as long as i can....) did this post help you??

what is 7th yr extension id?

csrini1 said:
well, nobody knows for sure a correct answer for your question. try sending email to that 7thyr extension id, if u some RD, then your case went to dol after the recruitment. if so, you may not be asked for future recruitment. if your case was transferred from SWA to PBEC, then plan for the worse(hit by recruitment??) personally i know people, whose employer may not advertise, if asked for new recruitment. so just keeping fingers crossed...
nothing much we can do, except to pack bags and leave to our motherland(that too , if we have guts enough to do this..., personally i don't have, so just hanging in here for as long as i can....) did this post help you??

Thank you for your response, but I din't understand well. When you said "try sending email to that 7thyr extension id" you mean??

Thanks,
-nk..

Eb2 or EB3

I have traditional case filed from CA in 2004 Oct. The job requires BS+5 years of experience. Lawyer told me it was filed in EB2 category. Now someone tells me that unless the job requires MS and accepts BS+5 also, it wont be accepted as Eb2 and it will be treated as EB3. Is it correct? Lawyers have already replied for the 45days letter. How do we know if it is filed under EB2 or EB3.

Thanks

Recruitment instructions or Info from 202 number?

Questions for the Non-RIR guys whose case was not transferred to Regional before moving to BEC:

1. Has anyone received the recruitment instructions from BEC's? I read in the forum that BEC would be sending the instructions starting sometime this month.

2. Has anyone asked their employer/lawyer to call 202 number to get the status and see when BEC's would be sending the recruitment instructions?

I've not received the recruitment instructions nor is my employer/lawyer is ready to call BEC.

Thanks,
TB

1. I do not think anyone in this forum has received the recruitment letter yet. We are all waiting for the same. I am sure the first one to get it will announce it.
2. Not me.

tb2904 said:
Questions for the Non-RIR guys whose case was not transferred to Regional before moving to BEC:

1. Has anyone received the recruitment instructions from BEC's? I read in the forum that BEC would be sending the instructions starting sometime this month.

2. Has anyone asked their employer/lawyer to call 202 number to get the status and see when BEC's would be sending the recruitment instructions?

I've not received the recruitment instructions nor is my employer/lawyer is ready to call BEC.

Thanks,
TB

tb2904 said:

Thanks,
TB

now that the cat is out of the bag, meaning, bec's want to process easy cases first, meaning, TR cases transferred from SWA's last, not expecting anything from BEC until late next year.... doesn't it make sense..., as they are still processing late2002 or early 2003 cases, so they have to complete processing cases from 2003 and 2004, before they come back to 2001,2002 TR cases and then 2005 TR cases??

45 day letter received !

Hi,
Yesterday night, my employer called to inform me that he has received the 45 day letter (to be responded before August 8th 2006). He also mentioned that the letter to the attorney was also there. Very unlikely that my atorney will get the letter since they have mailed that (by mistake or don't know how, it is BEC :) ).

My employer is going to mail the acceptance letter to my attorney and my attorney would take it from there. Since he has to submit proof that the case has been amended to RIR. I am greatly relieved. It has been a long wait

PD : 31 Jul 2001
CA/EB2/ Initially TR - amended to RIR in 2004
Case# : D-05132-09xxx

NON RIR Cases for 2002

are there many with PD's in 2002 whose recruitment has not been done...
I'm hoping that anyone with PD of 2002 would have already done the recruitment....
hoping against hope

Same Boat

Mine is April 2002 and just replied 45 DL a week ago. Nothing has been done yet. A couple other guys at my company are in the same boat too. Just prey the heck BPC will really begin TR cases this month.

sachv_ said:
I'm hoping that anyone with PD of 2002 would have already done the recruitment....
hoping against hope

sachv_ said:
hoping against hope

remember, CA,DAL,NY,NJ and some small states were still processing last week of april cases, from 2001 for TR cases. so all TR cases from atleast some of these states and cases from CA, which have been remanded back to state,(from RIR to TR), to be processed as TR are still pending from 2001 and 2002.
Our company has lot of these cases, originally filed as RIR in 2001/2002 from CA, got remanded back to state, to be processed as TR.
so not sure if BEC guys will process them as RIR or TR. Hope fully they will process as RIR(initially filed as RIR).

sachv_ said:
hoping against hope

My PD is early 2002 (Non-RIR) never made to regional and I don't think my employer or attorney has received any recruitment instruction yet...

Sorry, we have a long way to go....

Can someone call 202 number?

Guys,

Thanks for replying.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was not able to convince my lawyer or employer to call 202 number. On other threads on this forum I've seen some RIR guys have gotten their status checked through the 202 number. For all of our cases (who have got the 45 day letter) the next step is the recruitment instructions. I was wondering can one of the NON-RIR guys try to get their employer or lawyer to call the 202 number and ask when BEC plan to send the recruitment instructions.

TB

tb2904 said:

Thanks,
TB

we are just bunch of pathetic losers

just think about it.
Quite a few people from my company who filed LC in 2005 already gotten their approvals and will advance to 140 and 485.

Is it fair? No. But who gave a damn.

Economy is going to worsen soon, and layoffs to be coming. I am not going to wait for the dooms.

I have asked attorney to do a transfer to PERM, what about you?

If Recruitment process already completed?

Does anyone know what would be the process if the recruitment process is already completed? I believe they would use the old recruitment process. But my intutions were never true in this whole green card process :( ..
In my case:

State: North Carolina
EB3/ Non-RIR
Priority Date: May 2003
Recruitment Process carried out on: Dec 2004
Sent to Atlanta Regional: Jan 2005
45 Day Letter : 03/30/2006
Replied : 04/08/2006

tb2904 said:

Thanks,
TB

For remanded cases, they sure will be processed as TR.

I am in this queue. I sure hope that they would process these cases as RIR but it is just my dream.

csrini1 said:
remember, CA,DAL,NY,NJ and some small states were still processing last week of april cases, from 2001 for TR cases. so all TR cases from atleast some of these states and cases from CA, which have been remanded back to state,(from RIR to TR), to be processed as TR are still pending from 2001 and 2002.
Our company has lot of these cases, originally filed as RIR in 2001/2002 from CA, got remanded back to state, to be processed as TR.
so not sure if BEC guys will process them as RIR or TR. Hope fully they will process as RIR(initially filed as RIR).

Now, I am in this queue

Today, I heard from my HR that my case was moved to non-rir from rir :( Joining this thread :)

Any quick snapshot on how this queue is at ? Thanks.

See my signature for the details.