Non RIR Discussion Only !

Non rir question. Please HELP!

Hello guys,
I have two questions today, thanks in advance for your help.
1. How can an LC application ends up in TR queue whereas it was filed under RIR?
2. Can a TR case be approved right after replying to 45 DL without further complications?

Good luck to everybody.

Good question

1) How can an LC application ends up in TR queue whereas it was filed under RIR?

Ans: There can be a variety of reasons for a RIR application to end up in TR queue because that is the condemned one.
a) The trainee that entered your application had no idea what RIR or Non-RIR means. Believe me half of the immigrant population itself does not know the true difference.

b) There was a guy called Carlson.... just like the one in "Good bad and ugly" (Include the background music here). He sent out a memo. In that he said all RIR applications that fits the whims of the adjudicator will automatically become Non-RIR hence forth. Because of that memo countless number of applications became Non-RIR. The ones that were awake while that was happening faught for it and reinstated their status. The ones that had no clue are realising now.

c) The assumption that there are these orderly queues in BEC could be a misconception. Till today there is no conclusive proof that they finished data entry. So their randomness could be the most closest logical reason to explain it.

2. Can a TR case be approved right after replying to 45 DL without further complications?

Ans: No. It will have to go through a process called "supervised recruitement". Similar to what they do to justify a H-1B application.

If you wonder whey they do it again while they have already done that for your existing H-1B. All I can say is you are not alone if you think so.

Please don't mistake any of what I wrote as something for fun. I truely mean it though in a lighter vein :)

Have fun
Bruce

biboo said:

Hello guys,
I have two questions today, thanks in advance for your help.
1. How can an LC application ends up in TR queue whereas it was filed under RIR?

Good luck to everybody.

Good answers, but I like to differ on couple of points:

b) There was a guy called Carlson.... just like the one in "Good bad and ugly" (Include the background music here). He sent out a memo.

That SOB is still around, he is back.
from immigratoin-law.com
06/11/2006: Welcome Address to Dr. William Carlson, Returning Chief of Office of Foreign Labor Certification

* Tomorrow, Monday, June 12, 2006, Dr. William Carlson who was the former Chief of Division of Foreign Labor Certification will return to the post and the current Interim Chief will be reassigned to another position.

Ans: No. It will have to go through a process called "supervised recruitement". Similar to what they do to justify a H-1B application.

Some people did get approved even though they were in TR. Check the tracker, some were in 2001 range and some in 2004 range. They all get approvals without any recruitment.
But I am inclined to think that will not be the case for most of us.

It's almost hopeless. Forget it and file PERM, although it will also be hopeless if you are from India or China.

whenwilliget said:
Today, I heard from my HR that my case was moved to non-rir from rir :( Joining this thread :)

Any quick snapshot on how this queue is at ? Thanks.

See my signature for the details.

Rir to non rir

Tnanks guys for the clarifications and also for your positive spirit.
We will ultimately prevail.
Have a great weekend

LC approved

Hi all,
Good news! No later than yesterday, I was asking question about rir to non-rir and what follows up later. I just got a call from my lawyer stating that my LC was approved and that the change from RIR to TR/Non-rir was a mistake.
Good luck to everybody. We will prevail.

Congrats Biboo

Congrats Biboo.

Nice to see such mistakes rectified :) Btw, did you got any official communication that you case was transfered to non-rir ? was that the wrong info from attorney's end ?
biboo said:
Hi all,
Good news! No later than yesterday, I was asking question about rir to non-rir and what follows up later. I just got a call from my lawyer stating that my LC was approved and that the change from RIR to TR/Non-rir was a mistake.
Good luck to everybody. We will prevail.

Rir mistake

whenwilliget said:
Congrats Biboo.

Nice to see such mistakes rectified :) Btw, did you got any official communication that you case was transfered to non-rir ? was that the wrong info from attorney's end ?

I got the info through a screenshot. I informed the lawyer about it. He did a good job getting in touch with them.
Thanks and good luck.

Colorado Non RIR EB3 Status

Can anyone update status on Colorado (Dallas BEC) cases?
Any 2003 Non RIR EB3 cases got approved (any state's)?

PD - May 2003
45 day letter - May 2006
Replied on - May 31st 2006

Still Waiting...

Hi Guys,

Any Idea on what will be the process for recruitment efforts in non-RIR cases? Previously I was under the impression that the Back log centers will do some sort of advertising themselves and decide on the case. Now, based on the discussions it doesn't look like that!

Hang in there...There will be light at the end of the tunnel :)

onesource said:
Hi Guys,

Any Idea on what will be the process for recruitment efforts in non-RIR cases? Previously I was under the impression that the Back log centers will do some sort of advertising themselves and decide on the case. Now, based on the discussions it doesn't look like that!

Hang in there...There will be light at the end of the tunnel :)

I thought DOL said in their last update that they will be sending recruitment instructions starting from mid july. I am surprised we haven't heard about it from anyone. This is going to be another long wait or what? May be we should start another fax/letter campaign bringing NON-RIR cases and the delays to their attention.

Recruitment Instructions and 202 Number

I guess no one received the recruitment instructions yet.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was not able to convince my lawyer or employer to call 202 number. On other threads on this forum I've seen some RIR guys have gotten their status checked through the 202 number.

For all of our cases (who have got the 45 day letter) the next step is the recruitment instructions. I was wondering can one of the NON-RIR guys try to get their employer or lawyer to call the 202 number and ask when BEC plan to send the recruitment instructions.

TB

202 number

What is the exact number? Where is it published? I can try to convince my HR to call and find out status.

RIR or Traditional

Hello, can some one pls help me how to find out if I am a RIR or Traditional ? The lawyers who applied for my labour are no longer there. The new laywers say they have to look in to the files. Is there a way to tell from the case number ?

EB3, CA
PD: 10/14/2003
Case : D-05180-*****
45 Day : 05/16/2006
45 Day replied: 05/17/2006
Edit/Delete Message

Hi,

There is no way to say the application type from the case number. You can ask for a screenshot from BEC. Read this thread from the first page to understand how you can request a screenshot.

If I have to take a guess, I"ll say your application is in the condemned Non-RIR queue. Why Iam saying so??

The letter prefixing your case number is 'D'. That is the sign of death for Non-RIR applications. Jokes apart it means that the application is data entered in Dallas. We can see from the tracker spreadseet that Dallas has a special liking for approving RIR cases. Right now they are approving RIR applications that were filed in late 2004. Since you have a PD of 2003, if your applications was deemed as RIR by Dallas they would have approved already approved it.

Well this is only my guess. Educated guess, I might add :). So don't get worked up on that guess and lose sleep. The only way to confirm is by asking Dallas BEC.

Bruce

srswt said:
Hello, can some one pls help me how to find out if I am a RIR or Traditional ? The lawyers who applied for my labour are no longer there. The new laywers say they have to look in to the files. Is there a way to tell from the case number ?

EB3, CA
PD: 10/14/2003
Case : D-05180-*****
45 Day : 05/16/2006
45 Day replied: 05/17/2006
Edit/Delete Message

Pending Labor approval at Dallas BEC, PD : July 2001

BruceWillis said:
Hi,

There is no way to say the application type from the case number. You can ask for a screenshot from BEC. Read this thread from the first page to understand how you can request a screenshot.

If I have to take a guess, I"ll say your application is in the condemned Non-RIR queue. Why Iam saying so??

The letter prefixing your case number is 'D'. That is the sign of death for Non-RIR applications. Jokes apart it means that the application is data entered in Dallas. We can see from the tracker spreadseet that Dallas has a special liking for approving RIR cases. Right now they are approving RIR applications that were filed in late 2004. Since you have a PD of 2003, if your applications was deemed as RIR by Dallas they would have approved already approved it.

Well this is only my guess. Educated guess, I might add :). So don't get worked up on that guess and lose sleep. The only way to confirm is by asking Dallas BEC.

Bruce

Hi,
I am not sure Dallas BEC is following any pattern leave alone FIFO!! It looks like LIFO!!! We are all waiting and groping in teh dark. Finally, 45 day letter came our way on July 13th, and have replied to that and it has been delivered at the right address per the USPS priority mail tracker. Wonder how long Dallas BEC will take to appove labor. Mine was a case of TR later amended to RIR. I am keeping my fingers crossed that atleast now, they should not goof up and process my application as RIR. It has been a 1/2 decade wait so far! I never thought the processing would take so long and that too in the USA !! :(

EB2/RIR/CA
Case# : D-05132-09xxx

Thanks for the reply guys, I have sent a mail to DBEC asking for case status yesterday, no reply yet. I have seen in the other forums today that some people have successfully checked their case status on line today morning, but the link seems to be down now, hopefully it will be alive soon..

http://testlabor.doleta.gov/pbls/pbls_pds.cfm

lviswa said:
Hi,
I am not sure Dallas BEC is following any pattern leave alone FIFO!! It looks like LIFO!!! We are all waiting and groping in teh dark. Finally, 45 day letter came our way on July 13th, and have replied to that and it has been delivered at the right address per the USPS priority mail tracker. Wonder how long Dallas BEC will take to appove labor. Mine was a case of TR later amended to RIR. I am keeping my fingers crossed that atleast now, they should not goof up and process my application as RIR. It has been a 1/2 decade wait so far! I never thought the processing would take so long and that too in the USA !! :(

EB2/RIR/CA
Case# : D-05132-09xxx

For OneSource

OneSource:

Any luck with the 202 number?

Thanks,
TB
onesource said:
What is the exact number? Where is it published? I can try to convince my HR to call and find out status.