No valid passport i-551 stamp

placidrich

Hello,

I unfortunately lost my Permanent resident card, but I do have PR status. I have applied for a replacement and did all the biometrics so far. However, I am hopefully changing jobs soon and I need temporary evidence that I am a permanent resident. Is it possible to obtain this with a stamp? I read some places that say it can go on your valid passport, or some places where it says you need to brinng 3 passport style photos with you to infopass appointment. I do not have a valid passport it expired, so is bringing passport style photos sufficient enough to receive temporary evidence that I am a permanent resident? If not, what else would I need to do? Thank you very much for your time.

Hello,

I unfortunately lost my Permanent resident card, but I do have PR status. I have applied for a replacement and did all the biometrics so far. However, I am hopefully changing jobs soon and I need temporary evidence that I am a permanent resident. Is it possible to obtain this with a stamp? I read some places that say it can go on your valid passport, or some places where it says you need to brinng 3 passport style photos with you to infopass appointment. I do not have a valid passport it expired, so is bringing passport style photos sufficient enough to receive temporary evidence that I am a permanent resident? If not, what else would I need to do? Thank you very much for your time.

Actually a no-restriction SSN card and a driver license are good enough to establish work eligibility for I-9 purpose

no need photos, just bring ur NOA, a vaild passport and make the infopass and they will stamp on ur passport, and it's good for 1 year.

Hello,

Renew your passport and then get stamp from Local USCIS office by taking infopass. Take the I-90 filing receipt with you.

Why do people let passport expire ? What are they gonna do if they have to travel today for very serious family emergency in the home country ?

You don't need to prove that you are a PR, just the fact that you are allowed to work.
They cannot ask you which documents you can produce...you can choose...lookup form I9.
You can choose to present a SS Card and DL or various combinations listed on the form.

I would bet money that the OP didn't apply for an updated SS card after becoming a permanent resident (based on the two instances of being careless with documents ... losing the green card [unless it was stolen] and letting the passport expire).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet money that the OP didn't apply for an updated SS card after becoming a permanent resident (based on the two instances of being careless with documents ... losing the green card [unless it was stolen] and letting the passport expire).

I completely agree with you. People spend thousands of $$ to get GC and do other immigration work (all money go to US government) and when it comes to renew passports with few dollars (mine $70), they ask and postpone and try to be very intelligent how they can save this money. This money supposes to go to your home country in exchange with a service you will get which is not a bad idea to have valid unexpired passport all the time. If you are stable in US with good income and you do not think you need passport to visit your country, consider this few dollars like donation to the home country and if you are not stable here, then you need the passport to be valid in case.

Maybe it takes some time for the OP's country to renew a passport- time he/she doesn't have. Maybe the OP is an asylee, and can't/doesn't want to renew the passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not need a passport to get a stamp. They will create an I-94 card for you with your photo on it and a LPR stamp.

I completely agree with you. People spend thousands of $$ to get GC and do other immigration work (all money go to US government) and when it comes to renew passports with few dollars (mine $70), they ask and postpone and try to be very intelligent how they can save this money.
Worse yet, they don't update their SS card after becoming a permanent resident, even though it is free to do so (other than the couple dollars of gas money or bus fare to visit the SS office).

Worse yet, they don't update their SS card after becoming a permanent resident, even though it is free to do so (other than the couple dollars of gas money or bus fare to visit the SS office).

I don't think that's widely known. I didn't know about it until I read it on this site recently. My assumption was that I still needed work authorization and the authorization was the green card.

H