New York City Transfers

Approved 2 months after interview

I have never posted anything on this site before and thought it's the least I could do during this ebullient moment of mine.

I wanted to let you to know that my I-485 permanent residency application has been approved. I received the approval notice on Saturday, March 5th.

My lengthy labor certification process began in January 1998 with my company sponsoring me. I have been with the same company. Applied for I-485 in November 2001. My case was transferred to Missouri Service Center in March 2004. Mine was a 245i case. I received an interview notice in September 2004 to be interviewed in January 2005 in NYC. I was not approved at the time of the interview. They needed to verify the validity of the information and do name/security checks on me and my wife (she is a derivative applicant). Needless to say, I was bummed. I thought my application had now entered a black hole that promised to take several years for any notification of status with no choice but to keep renewing the EAD's.

But I was wrong and blown away with 3 identical pieces of mail from the Vermont Service Center in my mail box (all 3 in my name - confirming the ongoing inefficiencies of USCIS), stating that my case was approved and they would mail the plastic within 3 weeks. Hopefully, my wife should be getting her approval soon.

You all have been a great help during this insane period in my life. Your postings kept me alive. Unfortunately, some of us are just special and have to struggle hard to get anything. I am certain that if I could get approved, all of you will damn well receive your approvals soon.

I have not seen my family in over 8 years, it will feel sweet when I embrace them.

Good luck!

RD November 2001
Transfer to MSC March 2004
Interview Letter from NYC USCIS September 2004
Interview January 2005
I-485 Approved on March 2005

Thanks TDWAIT.

Pls stay in touch with.

Will update if i recieve any info. Hope to get Interview letter soon.

Regards,

Hey Guys

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi

Any news for anyone, I just hope there is an end to this somewhere :)
And they say this country has a system-- Infact India beats them here

What u all say folks

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Guys

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi

Any news for anyone, I just hope there is an end to this somewhere :)
And they say this country has a system-- Infact India beats them here

What u all say folks

Newyorker012
No newsis good news sometime.

Just did my EAD and AP processing in NYC, at the federal plaza. The interviews were scheduled for roughly 4 months after we applied for them. Both were pretty easy. I had to wait a long time at the EAD interview (2 hours until they called up my name), but the AP was smoother than some commercial banks I know. :p I was outa there in 45 minutes.

Will my case get transferred?

Hey guys,
I'm new to all this and there seems to be a lot of experience (and shared pain!) among the people on this forum, so I hope you guys can give me some pointers.

My husband's exceptional ability 485 is pending in Vermont (according to the website anyway), but we filed in Sept. 03 and they claim to be processing Jan. 04. I am scared that something is wrong or that they sent the case over to NYC, which I understand would be a total disaster.

So does anyone know if it's normal to have no word when the processing date is 4 months overdue? We already had our fingerprints taken this January, so I thought things were moving along.

Also, do the processing dates for NYC count from the filing date or from the transfer date (for instance, they say they are processing August 2002)?

Anyone else here trying to get a 485 based on exceptional ability? Do they require interviews for that?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Don't be so pessimistic. There are EB1 cases approved directly from VSC. Even if they transfer the case it's not the end of the world, things are much better at the local offices that they were 1 year ago. I am not sure how long is the waiting in NY, follow this thread and you'll find out ... usually the local offices consider the transfer date.

Hope that helps,
nemessis

mgraham said:
Hey guys,
I'm new to all this and there seems to be a lot of experience (and shared pain!) among the people on this forum, so I hope you guys can give me some pointers.

My husband's exceptional ability 485 is pending in Vermont (according to the website anyway), but we filed in Sept. 03 and they claim to be processing Jan. 04. I am scared that something is wrong or that they sent the case over to NYC, which I understand would be a total disaster.

So does anyone know if it's normal to have no word when the processing date is 4 months overdue? We already had our fingerprints taken this January, so I thought things were moving along.

Also, do the processing dates for NYC count from the filing date or from the transfer date (for instance, they say they are processing August 2002)?

Anyone else here trying to get a 485 based on exceptional ability? Do they require interviews for that?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Hi:
Just a brief account of my situation:
EB-1 OR
I-485 filed Dec. 2002, Vermont
2 FP June 2004
Transfer to NYC August 30 2004, notified by e-mail only from Vermont.
Visited Federal plaza in Dec 2004, a lady told me that the case was there indeed (not lost en route, praise Jesus), but the inteview will happen "in a while", whatever that means. Looks like we are in deep s*t.

Hi Steve

Welcome To The Forum Yeah U R Right We R In Deep Sh*t But If You R Not A 245 I Case You Should Have No Problem

tasneem said:
Hi Steve

Welcome To The Forum Yeah U R Right We R In Deep Sh*t But If You R Not A 245 I Case You Should Have No Problem
My case is not 245 i but got problems.. filed March 2001 EB2

Hey All

Hey, we welcome everyone in this thread, but 245 or regular whoever is transferred is in a black hole, Nothing to put anyone down , but this is the way it is out here in NYC local.

Newyorker012

Johar Ali said:
My case is not 245 i but got problems.. filed March 2001 EB2

I KNOW THAT UR R NOT A 245I BUT IN UR CASE UR CASE WAS TRANSFERRED LATE BUT AFTER GETTING IT TRANSFERRED YOU GOT THE INTERVIEW CALL WITHIN 4 MONTHS THAT IS A DIFFERENT THING THAT DUE TO NAME CHECK UR CASE IS PENDING BUT ATLEAST U GOT UR CHANCE OVER HERE THEY R NOT READY TO GIVE US A CHANCE THEY R NOT READY TO SEND THAT GOD DAMN LETTER

Newyorker012 said:
Hey All

Hey, we welcome everyone in this thread, but 245 or regular whoever is transferred is in a black hole, Nothing to put anyone down , but this is the way it is out here in NYC local.

Newyorker012

HI NEWYORKER

LOOK AT THE CASE OF PHILLYJUNE COLDFUSION THEY GOT LETTERS WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF TRANSFER SO BEING A 245 I EVEN AFTER PAYING THE $1000 FINE WE R STILL PAYING THE PENALTY

Help!petite theft

Pls share your experience if any of you have been in this situition before.
My I485 has been approved,stamped,and card received.(eb3)as well as my daughters too.
However,My wife application was tranferred from Vermont to New York.N.Y.
Here is the story.She had been arrested for stealing $6.00 items from Winn Dixie,that was in 2002.fingerprinted and settled the case in court by paying fine.When I submit the I485 togather with her I submited the disposition letter of the case too.
I think the reason for her tranferred was because there is a hit on the finger print.What shall i do?Pls,anybody who have sucessfully adjusted their application with this experience pls share.Do you think I need a criminal lawyer to go with her incase there is an interview?I'm so confused and scared.Pls help :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey tasneem

Oh yeah I think you are right in that matter, Maybe we are not all that lucky after all. But don't worry Our times are very close, we will get through from this black hole.

Newyorker012

sinyoke said:
Pls share your experience if any of you have been in this situition before.
My I485 has been approved,stamped,and card received.(eb3)as well as my daughters too.
However,My wife application was tranferred from Vermont to New York.N.Y.
Here is the story.She had been arrested for stealing $6.00 items from Winn Dixie,that was in 2002.fingerprinted and settled the case in court by paying fine.When I submit the I485 togather with her I submited the disposition letter of the case too.
I think the reason for her tranferred was because there is a hit on the finger print.What shall i do?Pls,anybody who have sucessfully adjusted their application with this experience pls share.Do you think I need a criminal lawyer to go with her incase there is an interview?I'm so confused and scared.Pls help :eek: :eek: :eek:
I am not experienced but the immigration law simply says. If she was not jailed or the crime was not violent in nature, she should be fine. I think the jail time is 6 months or more. Goodluck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johar Ali,

Thanks for the information you provided.Is there anyway we can find the link
to the law that you mentioned.