New York City Transfers

phillyjune1

I took subway.(N train to canal St and walk 5 minutes.)
My lawyer came with me.He didn't have to do anything.
But I don't complaint.I felt secure. ;)

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Tasneem

Cheer-up dear, do not take no tensions for the GC as it will only happen when the time is right. I would myself get into a great depression if I don't take one day at a time. So my advice to you take one day at a time and cheer up while you wait.. Come on board often that way you will feel more relaxed what do u say joharbhai....

Newyorker012

thaks newyorker for cheer up talk ...................... it helped

coldfusion said:
Johar, Tasneem, Newyorker and all

I pray for all your interviews and approvals soon.

Tasneem you will be free soon. I am sure you will get yours this month

Thanks

thanks coldfusion hope we all recieve the id by this month

congratulation yuteri it must be great to be free

To INSTANT and Elim: Congrat. My case were transfer to NYC June 2004 but did not get any info about our interview. Any advise will be appriciated I am a 245i candidate: My RD april 2002

Thanks

Gclord2002,

My case is also transferred in May 2004, RD : June 2002.

No news yet.

EAD, AP transferred to NYC local office from VSC.

Let us keep in touch.

Regards,

I was curious to know if any one is in a simmilar predicament. My husband originally submitted my I-130 as spouse of a PR in 1996, he later received his citzenship in 2000 after waiting 3 yrs for it, we upgraded my application to spouse of a USC in 2001, to make a long story short I received my interview June 3 of 2003, at the end of the interview we were told that the results of the background check were not back as yet and although he was approving the application he could not stamp my passport at that time and I would received some notice either by mail or phone to come in and have my passport stamped ........ to this day I have not heard a word from them, I have called, written and visited them only to be told the same thing over again and the 1800 number can only tell me that my case file is still at 26 federal plaza that I should call or write them..... can any one give me some advice ....... I think I can honestly say that I have been waiting a total of 9 years and counting ...... any advice ?

Last edited by a moderator:
thecla,
name check (i think is same as background check) can be pending for 2 years and more. make search for 'name check', there is a nice thread in citicenship part by 'rahul kumar' (not sure my spelling is right), he explains in detail how to fight... :)
my name check is pending since oct 2003...

gclord2002, what we have done is : -

1. contact local congressman for help
2. call 800 # to ask them to speed up
3. ask lawyer to contact uscis

Hopefully after all these efforts, you will get your interview letter.

Good luck

Thanks Newyorker012.

I got letter from VSC reg AP, EAD.

To speed up processing our case has been transferred to NYC local for processing. Any one in similar situation. If so, what is the timeframe.

NewYorker012, TDWAIT,TASNEEM, Coldfusion...

Regards,

Hey Goankar

I don't think I have read that before, But if they really speeding up the process by transferring to NYC then it is good for ya. I am filing my EAD by neext week, so let me know what was your outcome too...

Newyorker012

hi goankar
why did you apply your ead to the vermont center now after the case is transfered all further filing go to local office i am surised you did not speak to your lawyer before filing

and i don't think the transfering of cases to speed up the process thing is true yeah it must be true for vermont so they can move on but not for the local offices

hi newyorker
i filed my ead last month in feb they send me a letter to take an appointment for biometrics which i could it done yerterday at the support center near my house

Hey tasneem

I was wondering that now since I will be filing this EAD and they will ask for my this time, will they be using the same FP for 485 also since I did my first & last Fp in Feb 2003. Whatz ur opinion
Are there any interviews being scheduled or we all are just waiting for nothing?

Newyorker012

Het Folks

How are you'all . I wanted to find out in order to mail the EAD application forms whatz the address to mail to if the 485 case has been trasferred to NYC Local.

I decided to file on my own rather then the lawyer this time. Need your input

Thank you

Newyorker012

EAD renew

I just e-filed my EAD renew case and it asked to send the supporting document to the Chicago address displayed in the e-file confirmation letter. In your application, you just need to tell where your case is pending and send them the transfer document.

I had my interview last Aug. in Federal Plaza, because of the back ground checking, I haven't heard anything from them after 6 months.

I remember there're several people interviewed last year and some were in the same boat as I am(background checking). So, does anything heard anything or receive the approval letter? Any input?

Thanks!