New York City Transfers

Hey Guys

Good morning
Whatz happening with everyone, How come all of them are quiet. Hey cheer-up folks good times are around the corner dudes.

Hey anyone with any news... Come on ...Keep it alive..

Newyorker012

Coldfusion

Coldfusion, when you ordered IRS transcript, did you talk to a real person or an answer machine? Do you know if it will make difference? Thank you.

asn485leu

It is a machine. You just go thro the menu and pick the transcript to be mailed. That's the one which is free. Others are to be paid.

Thanks

asn48leu,

I ordered transcript yesterday by speaking to a "live" person. The number is 1-800-829-8374. Select appropriate options.

FP question

Hi,

It has been quiet for some time. Quick question for all experts.
If I to get FP notice ( first one ) for case tranfered to local office, who sends FP notice local office or Vermont.

Sid

coldfusion and PhillyJune1

coldfusion and PhillyJune1,
Thank you very much for your kindly reply.
Our interview has been scheduled on 04/07/2005, and FP on 03/15/2005.
I heard that the FP may not be cleared by the interview date, it is true?
Thanks again.

RD 09/04/2002
TD 01/15/2004

Interview at 26 Fed Plaza

Dear everybody,
We got the passports stamped.
My case: E3, employment based, RD 06/02/2002, transferred to NY 09/23/2003, applied under 245i. Came to the US in 2001, struggled every moment with our document situation. All the 245i cases get transferred for interviews.
We had the medicals done in 2002, the interviewer wanted to see if we had a complete medical again before the interview, after receiving the interview notice. He commented that sometimes the initial medicals expire or get lost. Make sure you have all the vaccines completed as well. Our interviewer was a wonderful young man, he asked me for the job letter (reinstating that I was still employed, salary, same as when you first applied), medicals, then standard questions like: ever been arrested, drugs, etc. Then he approved the case.
Now, I am convinced that he had read the file before he called us in.
We also went with lots of additional documents: taxes, employment letter from my husband, everything you can ever imagine, but he did not ask for anything else , probably the file had already everything he needed. We got a room in a hotel nearby , went with our lawyer early in the morning, the interview was scheduled for 8AM, got called in at 9AM.
Now, when I think back to my previous life before 2 days ago, I cannot say the interview was easy from a psychological view: it carried all the worries, tension and despair from all these years. But technically we were done in 5 minutes, it went straight forward.
I wish you all the best of luck.

Hello,

Does anyone has clue on how long will be the wait.

Mine is transferred on May 2004.

No news yet.

Any insight, pls help.

Regards.

Instant

INSTANT, congratulations.

Can I ask a question?
The interview requiement that came with appoitment letter says that I need to bring employment letter from current employer on company letterhead, verifying the date employment began, emergency contact points, current rate of pay, AND average weekly hours.

Do you know what should be the "emergency contact points"?

Thank you.

job letter

Probably they refer to whom should the INS contact if they want to verify the job letter.
My letter signed by my boss, was stating " Please do not hesitate to contact me..etc" and the address and the phone numbers were stated at the signature.
Again, they just wanted to see if I was still employed and that I still have at least the salary that was advertised (after all the DOL was done in 2000!) and whether I have the SAME responsibilities (even that I didn't get promoted).
I believe the interview date depends on the RD date and not the transfer date.
Thanks to all who wished me luck , gave advises and congratulated me now.

regarding medical to INSTANT

congratulations to INSTANT!
I have a question. I am going to go to the Federal Plaza for interview soon. My question is; Do I have to redo my medical examination? I did it and submitted it in June 2002. I was planing to take the copy of it this time. Cause you sound like we have to do it again for the interview. Please let me know about this quick.

EAD renewal

This is the first time I do EAD renewal. I have one question. On the form, the Renewal says "attach previous employment authorization document". Do I attach the card or copy of the card? Any help is appreciated.

ny interview

NY interview on 2/24/05 and pp stamped on the spot for me but for my husband pending FP, need to redo FP on the same day. The interviewer is a very nice lady and she told my husband to wait for card and don't have to go for PP stamp.

Question, normally after PP stamped, how long to receive GC for NYC interview? Has anyone experience before FP not found and need redo?

Please advise.

Elim! Question!

congratulations! Elim
Did you redo the medical for this interview? Or did you just use the one from 2002? Please let me know. thank you

Medical _ Interview

It is very expensive to redo the whole medical.
In 2002 when we submitted the medical, we did not have all the vaccinations finished. So we went back to the doctor to have all the vaccines completed (paid again a little) and stammped and sealed in the physicians envelope and gave this document to the interviewer.
The interviewer asked us for the updated physical, which we did not have. The only ones were done in 2002 when we sent them to Vermont.
Luckily the interviewer found them in our file. His comment was: they expire in 2 years and they can also get lost. It was a problem at the interview and our lawyer had to interviene, etc.
I am not sure whether the interviewer was extremely nice and pardonned us or the old physicals (March 2002) were OK.
Anyway, when they sent us the interview invitation, I think the blank medical forms were there.
BEST OF GOOD LUCK!!

love of god, the interviewer did ask for medical and we gave it to her. We only paid $100 per person for the medical which include tb test and draw blood. It is advisable to bring along new medical to avoid unnecessary delay. Who knows whether the interviewer will give this as an excuse for not having medical re-do.

Instant / Elim

Did you take lawyer with you? If yes, did that help?

I have interview coming up soon and I am definitely NOT planning to take one.

interview

I agree, if I were going to the interview now, after my experience, I would definetely repeat the medical.
We did take the lawyer and for us he was helpful. I think the interview process is somehow subjective..and I felt the presence of the lawyer gave us strength, we felt his support, it made " a good impression". Not to mention that we were asked for new medicals..and the lawyer jumped in the discussion. Our case was complicated, 245i, so for us there were many reasons to have him with us. Again, it is also a matter of "how you present yourself".