New York City Transfers

yep, sriss case really is dicouraging me and telling me to find ulternate routes. I assume sriss did his finger prints before his interview so that makes it more than 5 months. The agent gave me a form some kind of inquiry form and asked me to mail it in if I do not hear in 90 days... sriss, did you get something like that. I did not mention that in my previous posts.... I can posts more details about the form if you guys are interested and have not received one.....

NYC - Interview Experience

Folks,

Here is my interview experience in NYC.

ND - 11/10/02
transferred to NYC on 5/27/04
Interview 1/10/05 -

I can't describe the feeling after getting our green cards approved. Anyway here it goes:

Arrived at Federal Plaza 8:30
Interview 9:30 for my spouse and 10:00 for me, but when you go to the counter they combine the 2 applications:

Waited about 3.5 hours got called for interview past 12:00 pm.

Officer asked for employment letter, birth certificate, marriage license, 3 years federal tax return, a bunch of yes/no questions. Then she left the room and came back after 5 minutes and told us to wait outside for 10 minutes. This is when my attorney asked if she is going to stamp our passport or will we get the green cards in mail. she said she will stamp the passport. We thought we were in heaven, waited 13 years for this day.

We were very scared as ours was a 245i application and I previously had any asylum application which I withdraw.....but no questions asked.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to others for sharing their experiences as it helped us a lot with our preparation.

2 questions?

Does the LUD change on USCIS website after getting approved at local office?
How long to get the actual green card...the officer said it can take upton 6 months....is this correct?

deepak01: Congratulations and enjoy your freedom. Sorry can not answer your questions since not expereinced but can you please tell me when did you have your finger prints done? Thanks

Can you please tell me, how one can find out if case is transferred to local office. my 485 got approved 3 months back. how do i find out if my wife's 485 case is transferred to local uscis office.
thx.

Congratulations deepak01!!!

Question :-

1. How come you have 2 different interview times for you and your spouse?
2. Did both of you go for interview together?
3. Did the interviewer only ask applicant question? Did she ask dependant question?
4. When she ask for employment letter, only give the applicant employment letter right?

Thanks

Congratulation Deepak on your approval
Hey Newyorker u were not seen on this site today kya hua woh khadoos boos phir say barayshaan kar raha hai Hope to read your post tommorow
This is Tasneem signing off for today with a wish of fast approval for all thoes who are waiting so we can also write long post about the D DAY
GOOD NIGHT

Congrats Deepak, regarding your two questions:
1) If your case is in local office, they don't update LUD or any other information on thier website.
2) One of my friend received Plastic card within 6 weeks.

Finger prints & NNCP

Johar& Tasneem,
My latest finger prints were just a month before the interview 7/4. Coming to Name check the officer didn't give any form, he said since my name is not common one it should be cleared within a month to 3, its been more than three months, i started with fax message to find out on my name check, after a month when i called the office, they told me to send an email, after the sending email i called in 5 weeks as told by them, then they said the wait period to get a result to an email is 10 weeks now, with this week it will be 10 weeks now, so i am going to call them next week , once i get this result i want to walkin. BTW please follow link for NNCP (national name check prog--courtesy rahul kumar, who prepared this pdf), I will attach the link tomorrow

Hi Tasneem / Johar / TD / Sriss / Cold & everyone

Congrats deepak on your freedom. Hopefully everyone of us chosen ones gets through this year itself..
and Tasneem, this khadus boss is a khadus after all, was very busy last two days but everything ended well. Have a good day tomorrow everyone.

See you all tomorrow

Bye
Newyorker012

When I woke up, I was so happy to find myself alive in the bed.
sriss, could you please post the name check link/pdf please.

Strong Life

Johar,

You have a very strong life. That's why you could live in this scenario for more time than anyone in this forum (may be in I-485)

On looking at your case I should not worry for another few years. I have done only my 3rd EAD. So to reach 6 EAD another 3 years for me?

I hope I don't wait that long :(

coldfusion said:
Johar,

You have a very strong life. That's why you could live in this scenario for more time than anyone in this forum (may be in I-485)

On looking at your case I should not worry for another few years. I have done only my 3rd EAD. So to reach 6 EAD another 3 years for me?

I hope I don't wait that long :(
I hope no one should waite that long. I am special. I always get things thehard way. I am not sure why but kind of got used to it..

AP Approved

Hi All

Just received 4 emails that my AP is approved. It took about 30 days. Looking at 4 emails I thought my I485 is approved too. Can it get approved without interview?

If you remember I had applied AP in the local office and it was sent to MSC.

PhillyJune01

Morning Guys

Howz everything goin. Any news from anyone's mail box regarding an interview letter. Plz plz plz tell me someone's got something in the mail.

Have a great day y'all

Newyorker012

hi newyorker

No news from my side at least now let see what happens next week
There is no waiting till Tuesday so guys take a break! AUR HUM PHIR MILAYGAY BREAK KAY BAAD ;)

I think they should not delay GC for name checks sicne one can not run better with the GC if there is any problem, Right guys, do we agree.. :)