New York City Transfers

Hi CG560,

Congratulantions and enjoy your freedom!!!Iam very happy for you and your family.We got our passports stamped 35 days ago in NYC-Federal Plaza.We are stil waiting for our plastic cards...
Best Wishes!

I am totally worried as My case is transfered to local office.

I had received NOID on my case as My I-140 was revoked by my old employer as I had used AC21 around 8 Months back. I replied within couple of days to INS with 3 months paystub , EVL and AC21 Invoking letter. Also I sent the G-28 letter (As INS thought that they didnt had the right signature)

1. Does anybody know the reason why my case has been transfered to Local office for an interview?

2. Is that Good to get transfered to Local office to my situation?

I have to still get the letter from VSC and also from the local office.

==========================================================
Brief History:

-- I filed for for 485 in the month of march 2002.(ND, RD - April 2002)

---Got an RFE from INS on Dec 2003. Previous company didnt provide the EVL.

---So I change to another company and replied to INS with AC21 and EVL with the help of new attorney.

---On December 2003, finished 2nd FP and INS didnt update the status of receiving the FP information.

---On Aug 31 2004, INS issued a NOID stating that my previous employer withdrawn my I-140(But still my I-140 stays approved through ONLINE). So I had to submit 3 months of payroll and EVL from current employer and a letter requesting to Invoke AC21.

---Also INS told that they didnt had the G28 from my lawyer, I also send another G28 from our lawyer.

--- I submitted the information within Sept 7 2004 with all the information.

Reschedule FP in Brooklyn USCIS

My wife missed her 2nd fingerprint in Brooklyn Center (NY) when we were on vacation, we sent the reschedule for her on Sept. 8 to Brooklyn, and received the reschedule notice yesterday (Sep. 19). They simply mailed back that original notice, with an addditional letter saying that she need go there within 87 days from the notice date. This notice was mailed from New York city local center since our I-485 cases were transferred there from VSC.

name check

My name check was sent by FBI to USCIS on December 2002. What should I do next?

Already 31 months past, no news yet on approval.

RD 2/02
TD MSC 4/04
TD NY 6/04

Congressman question

I was wondering whether contacting a Congressman could upset the USCIS officers ?

I contacted senator charles schumer about my case in May 2004, Sept 18, 2004 last week I got a letter from him saying that my case was granted and that it has been sent to the eastern service center for production of my alien registration card. I didn't get any letter from immigration, the letter that I received had a response from the Department of Homeland Security that was addressed to the senator. Finally my long wait is over.. I've had my interview since last year Aug at Garden City, it's been over a year and now my case has finally been approved. I would call my lawyer every month so see what was going on with my case, but he wasn't much help, nor did he even advise me about contacting a senator or about an interim work permit when my work permits expired before my renewal was approved, I found out about contacting a senator from this website which was my only resource I had available, it's a shame that for the amount of money I paid him for my case that he would at the least seek my interest and tell me what my options were that wasn't asking much. Now I'm just waiting for the cards in the mail for me and my family..

RD 11/01
TD 11/02
AD 8/28/03
Approval Date sometime between July and Sept not sure since I haven't heard anything from INS. I don't have a receipt number to go by.

For all those who have been helpful I'd like to thank you all very much, the journey was long and hard and at times I never thought that I would make it this far. For all those who have just started their journey don't give up hope, the longest rope has an end as the old folks say. Thanks Everyone

God Bless
Jay

J4life95

I am very, very happy for you!! Your ordeal is finally over. I am sure contacting the Senator was absolutely the only way to obtain an answer for your torturous case.
I have been sadly watching your scenario, but now, your long waited happy ending is a light of hope for me as well: the Garden City office is most probably where I will be interviewed (if ever).
Congratulations, I wish you all the strength to be able to enjoy your freedom.

God Bless You!!!

I am soooooooooooooooo Happy for you! You deserve it,has suffering enough!!!
Enjoy you freedom!
I knew from the begginning that someting was strange regarding your case.Good thing this is a "Happy End" story...better than nothing...

Best wishes,
Tata2003

congrats, glad to see one more guy on my list got approval!!!!
hope everybody else will got approval soon!!!!

No interview

:confused: I do not know whats going on, have not recieved the interview letter yet. Case was transfered MSC Oct/2003 almost a year, after that no up date no status change nothing. Did an inquiry with USCIS last month and got the letter saying what I already know, that case transfered to msc do the futher inquires with Msc center. I have written to MSC couple of times at there lock box but have not gotten any reply. Went to NYC local office with the info Pass and after waiting 3hrs my turn came and I explained the lady the whole case and she said they are not processing Employment based cases in NY for interview my case is in MSC I will recieve a letter from there.

Anyone in same situation waiting for interview, or any comments on what I can do next.

RD Apr 2002
FP1 Aug2002
VSC to MSC Oct2003

I Know exactly what you mean...

I am so sorry to hear that an I certainly know how stressfull is the "waiting" for a interview letter...The day that you will receive this letter you wont forget!!! I cried like a baby,I couldn't believe that!!! But I am sure your day will come soon.I had to wait 26 months since FP1 and 18 months since transferred to a local office in NYC to be scheduled for a interview.I received Interview letter and FP2 appointment in the same envelope,for me and my family.Do not loose your hope,and good luck!!!!

RD:02/01/2002
ND:02/15/2002
FP1:04/18/2002
TD to NYC:01/06/2003
FP2:06/25/2004
INTERVIEWED AND STAMPED:08/09/2004
WAITING FOR CARDS...
3 EADs,no AP,no RFE.

Anil,

I wish you all the good luck. Every thing will be fine. My case was transferred to MSC in April 2004 from VSC. I got the Interview notice last week. The interview is in Dec 2004

I understand the frustration but it should be done soon to you also.

I am looking at the other people's interview details now to prepare for my Interview.

Tata2003 are there any questions about the previous employments in the Interview?

That is Good!!!

coldfusion said:
Anil,

I wish you all the good luck. Every thing will be fine. My case was transferred to MSC in April 2004 from VSC. I got the Interview notice last week. The interview is in Dec 2004

I understand the frustration but it should be done soon to you also.

I am looking at the other people's interview details now to prepare for my Interview.

Tata2003 are there any questions about the previous employments in the Interview?
First of all,I want to wish you good luck on your interview,I really hope that they approve your case and stamp your passport.
Do not worry about the questions that they are going to ask you..they are simple and easy to answer,just calm down and relax.
No,they did not ask me any question regarding my previous job,but they had no reason to do that because my last job was in my original country,since I applied for the GC I never changed job.Bring everything you think and you don't think they should ask with you(copies and originals).
Good Luck!!!!

My case transferred too - need advice

Hello All.
RD 9/6/02
ND 9/18/02
FP1 10/30/02
FP2 7/16/04 (DID EARLY WAS SET FOR 8/25/04)
TD to NY 9/25/04

My problem is that i relocated to MO in August , filed AC-21 but did not inform INS on phone.
My apartment in NY is still being rented and i had a postbox number for mail anyway.
My questions are:
1) dO i get my case transferred to MO area
2)Do they conduci interview as per date of transfer or RD of 485

What shold i do .
Thanks

Feedback level of 485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

I have a friend & her case got transferred to NYC in Aug 2004. It is a EB3 and I-140 was approved in April 2004. She also received notice for FP-2 from VSC after the case was moved to NYC.

Do you guys have any timeline on cases transferred to NYC?

Case Transfers To NYC

Hi Friends
My Case wos Transfer To NYC 08/30/04, you guys have any adea todo the interview?
I 485 05/30/03
Fp 04/06/04
Transf.08/30/04 :mad:

Let me know when you find out

Hey TommyI485

Let me know when you find out when the interviews are scheduled cause in this forum I believe no-one actually knows how it works when it comes to NYC transfers.

RD : 01/10/03
ND : 02/07/03
I 140 : 03/18/04 (approved)
Fp1 : 03/26/04
2 EAD's approved & No AP applied.
TD : 07/19/04
ID : soon.... I guess (God knows really)