New York City Transfers

Finally!

I received my card today.Thank God!!!!
That is it!We are done.I just want thank everyone for sharing comments and experiences,its beeing a long journey for all of us and I hope your day is comming soon and all will be over.Don't loose your hope!
I apoligize if sometimes a make mistakes with my "so so" english,but know that everything is in okay I wanna go back to school...know I can "think".Thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful site,I would not make it without it.Our process took 3 years and 8 months and 2 weeks from the day we filed labor thru "cards received day".

Best wishes
Tata2003!

To the guys like me

I applied for my 2nd EAD renewal at the VSC though my I-485 was already been transfered to NY local office (my lawyer's advise). Surprisingly, they transfered my EAD renewal application very quickly to the office at Federal Plaza (upon 3 weeks from the RD). Then I received in mail an appointment from the local office to show up at the Federal Plaza. The whole procedure took me just 1 hour (not 6 like it was with my 1st EAD!). Then I went to the 3d floor to get my infopass appointment (my computer at home sturbornly was giving me a message that all appointments were given out already and I should try my request later...) Anyways, I got my appointment for November 4th (I'll keep you guys informed about it) and if I do not receive a satisfactory answer (and I think it will certanly happen :rolleyes: ) my next step will be an inquiry for the Senator's office and local represantative's office, otherwise the whole story may be prolonged for yet many years to come :( And once again, let's keep our thread active. Many people already have gotten their passports stamped (congrats!!!) but still lots of us out their who patiently wait for those appointment letters! Any additional information or news give us hope and strenght in this long-long awaiting process.

I'm in the dark now

Hi, Everybody,

I had an interview for my EAD in NYC yesterday but I haven't received any notice notifying me my I485 case has been trandferred to NYC. I called INS today and they told me my case is still
in VSC. My I485 is based on 245i and my attorney told
me most of 245i case will be trasferred to local
office. Somebody suggested that I move to NJ
so i can speed up the processing time because NYC is
really slow. Would anyone give me some advice on this.

I140 RD: June 2,2003
I140 AD: Apr. 8, 2004
I485 RD: May 19, 2003
I485 ND: June 2, 2003

Thanks a lot,

Grosval

Move if you can

Hey Grosval

Someone gave you a good advice cause even mine is a 245i and it got transferred to NYC local office for an interview more than 3 months ago, but nothing yet. But at the same time people transferred for interview in NJ gets an interview within 2-3 months time or lesser. So it's upto you to move or not although it is not very easy to move once you are settled.

All the best
Newyorker012

NJ - relocation

From what I have seen, it looks like NJ is at least 1 year ahead of NYC.

I would guess you would have to give them another address (probably with proof af residency), but I don't know about your job location.

Your advice is very helpful.

I have some other concerns. Since my I485 RD is May 19, 2003 and VSC is now processing the case at that time. As I mentioned before, I was told my case is still in VSC. Will that cause any problem if I change the address now and at the same time they transfer my file to NYC?

Thanks a lot.

Grosval

Nj / Nyc

I have noticed that Vermont processes the cases relatively fast. From their point of view, it shouldn't make a difference whether you moved to NJ, since Vermont covers NJ as well.
I also agree that your file has huge chances to be transferred for an interview.
Now, the catch is that Vermont receives your address change information before sending your file to NYC.
Once the file reaches NYC , they delay everything a lot. I also believe that NYC sends their own files to Missouri to be processed, although they do not inform you about the Missouri transfer . Or maybe Missouri just receives case information and then they schedule you for an interview. As you see, the NYC path is complicated.
The only way to find out anything, (or a very small chance to keep things moving) , once the file reaches NYC, is by going to NYC Federal Plaza with an info pass.
These are my own thoughts, please do not consider them as an advice.

Thanks, Instant and Newyorker,

If I can have a chance to speed up a 1 year or so to be free, I'll try.

Grosval

I485 Transf To NYC

My Case is a 245i,transferred to NYC in 08/30/04
i485 05/30/03
1 Fp 04/06/04
2 EAD 08/06/04
i485 tranf 08/30/04
No News yet.

Hey Tommyi485

Hi Tommy

I guess the files takes about 3 months to reach NYC and then after that something starts whatever that may be. By if NYC is the place it got transferred then GOD help us.

Mine is a 245(i) also and was transferred to 26 federal plaza on 07/19/04 , no news yet
2 ead's
1 Fp on 03/22/04
140 approved = 03/22/03

No 2nd finger printing yet or no further news. so I don't really know whatz next, maybe someone has an ideas. please do involve me.

Thank You
NewYork012

My case was transferred to NYC on Aug. 2/2004, and I received the 2nd FP from VSC at the end of Aug., maybe this FP notice was generated by computer, who knows. then, no news.

NYC transfer

Mine was transferred on 05/07. Recd Transfer notice in a week.

Completed 2 FP, 2 EAD, 3 AP.

Mine is EB-1. No news yet after.

God bless us.

NYC processing times

Mine is a 245i also.
RD 06/02/2002 (Vermont).
TD 09/2003 (to NYC).
Still waiting for the interview letter.

I485 Transf To NYC

Hi NewYork012

Thank You to Reply, if i know something i will reply for everybody.\
lets keep in told.

Case 04/05/01 245i
Labor Approv.08/08/01
140 08/27/01
140 approv.01/07/03
i485 05/30/03
1 Eac 08/30/03
1 Fp 04/07/04
2 Eac 08/06/04
i485 Transf. To NYC 008/30/04
Not News yet.

NYC transfer

Pls post the content of the transfer letter.

Mine says 'preliminary processing of this application completed and transferred to NYC'

Does it mean name check has been done!!!!

Thanks.

Doesn't mean nothing

Hey NYC Transfer

Everyone's who are transferred gets the same notice saying " Preliminary Processing has been completed....blah blah blah trasnferred to NY office....blah blah blah .. Interview can take several months...blah blah blah...

so bascially it means that we all are piece of s*** and you all have to wait till we feel like sending you a B***S*** interview call. And we all immigrants should be thankful to them for granting us the long awaited deserving GC so you can wait another five years to become a citizen and start waiting again at the end of the line. For further enquiry please call our cutomer service number who will assist you in giving some more B***S***.

Thank You
Newyorker012 :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :confused: :eek: :( :mad:

Hi guys

I was interviewed last week and got stamped, actualy my case was very straight so there was no question at interview, she just asked for paystubs and emp letter and stamped

I asked her also why they transferred my case to msc and then ny, is that a special case she dont have any clue as well

my kids file was not there so she was not able to stamp their passports, any budy knows how to locate it.

thanks again

rd/nd 08/2002