New York City Transfers

245i

Grosval and tommyi485:

I am also in the same situation a 245i. ND april 2002/VSC transfer to MSC April 2004 and then VSC transfer to NYC on July 2004. no new what so ever yet. Question to you how did you guys became 245i. I came as a student and finished my school and got out of status.

-Thanks

nyc transfer

pls keep this thread live.

god bless all of us who got transferred to NYC.

If i didn't get any response from NYC, i am planning to setup appt thru infopass and inquire abt the status.

thanks

Case tranfeered to NYC

labor+140=485 said:
Hi guys

I was interviewed last week and got stamped, actualy my case was very straight so there was no question at interview, she just asked for paystubs and emp letter and stamped

I asked her also why they transferred my case to msc and then ny, is that a special case she dont have any clue as well

my kids file was not there so she was not able to stamp their passports, any budy knows how to locate it.

thanks again

rd/nd 08/2002

Can u please confirm when was your case transferred to NYC.
Also does anyone know if all 245i get transfferd to NYC.
Did they ask you to bring paystubs and all at the interview ?? please reply!

havetowait said:
I applied for my 2nd EAD renewal at the VSC though my I-485 was already been transfered to NY local office (my lawyer's advise). Surprisingly, they transfered my EAD renewal application very quickly to the office at Federal Plaza (upon 3 weeks from the RD). Then I received in mail an appointment from the local office to show up at the Federal Plaza. The whole procedure took me just 1 hour (not 6 like it was with my 1st EAD!). Then I went to the 3d floor to get my infopass appointment (my computer at home sturbornly was giving me a message that all appointments were given out already and I should try my request later...) Anyways, I got my appointment for November 4th (I'll keep you guys informed about it) and if I do not receive a satisfactory answer (and I think it will certanly happen :rolleyes: ) my next step will be an inquiry for the Senator's office and local represantative's office, otherwise the whole story may be prolonged for yet many years to come :( And once again, let's keep our thread active. Many people already have gotten their passports stamped (congrats!!!) but still lots of us out their who patiently wait for those appointment letters! Any additional information or news give us hope and strenght in this long-long awaiting process.
Can u please confirm what happened yesterday when u went to federal plaza ??

Guys, I did not post about my passi nfo appointment because my lawyer called me last week and said that she got my interview letter. I did not beleive her to the end (she screwed hugely before with my case) but cancelled the info pass appointment. Today I finally got my interview letter in mail with FP letter, also they attached medical forms for med. examinations.(I submitted my medicals with I-485 though...) Don't know what to think: before I would give anything to get this letter but now I became very concerned: my case is kind of complicated, enough to mention that I-140 was initially denied... And my lawyer only worries about me paying her on time... So, I am getting ready to collect all possible papers I can think of and pray to God. Yes, the interview is scheduled for January and my fingerprints are "due" in December. 245i case, RD for I-140/I-485 06/03, TD 06/04. 2nd EAD 10/04. My lawyer was very surprised to receive ID so "soon" (not soon for me! After denial of I-140 and thruout the appel process I have developed serious health conditions because of enormous stress). Anyways, guys I really feel for all and everyone who is awaiting his own turn. I hope my info gives lots of you hope that you interview is on the way and coming really soon. Good luck to all and God bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Hey "Havetowait"

Congratulation on receiving your Interview date. I gues now "havetowait" is going to change to "finallyitishere". Hopefully everyone of us gets an ID quicker like yours. My RD is 01/10/03 & TD is 07/19/04 (NY Federal Plaza) quite closer to yours. I am hoping to get an ID as quicker as yours.
Anyways all the best for the Interview and please post any details you can, it might help the rest of us. Hey also take care of your health as it is more important than any GC.

ThankYou

NewYorker012

cograts

havetowait said:
Guys, I did not post about my passi nfo appointment because my lawyer called me last week and said that she got my interview letter. I did not beleive her to the end (she screwed hugely before with my case) but cancelled the info pass appointment. Today I finally got my interview letter in mail with FP letter, also they attached medical forms for med. examinations.(I submitted my medicals with I-485 though...) Don't know what to think: before I would give anything to get this letter but now I became very concerned: my case is kind of complicated, enough to mention that I-140 was initially denied... And my lawyer only worries about me paying her on time... So, I am getting ready to collect all possible papers I can think of and pray to God. Yes, the interview is scheduled for January and my fingerprints are "due" in December. 245i case, RD for I-140/I-485 06/03, TD 06/04. 2nd EAD 10/04. My lawyer was very surprised to receive ID so "soon" (not soon for me! After denial of I-140 and thruout the appel process I have developed serious health conditions because of enormous stress). Anyways, guys I really feel for all and everyone who is awaiting his own turn. I hope my info gives lots of you hope that you interview is on the way and coming really soon. Good luck to all and God bless!

cograts havetowait

first of all congratulation on reciving ur ID I wish u all the best
my case is also trf to nyc on 07/21/04 and my rd 05/21/02 i have an info pass appointment on nov 10 wednesday lets see what happens i nthought they are processing by rd but now iam confused after u got the letter since ur rd is 2003 and mine is 2002 anyways i am happy for u and i like to know did ur online msg changed after u recieved the letter?

hi labr + i140
could u tell me when was ur case trf
since my rd 05/02 trf date is 07/04 and i have not heard any thing yety from the local ny office

1-485 interview ny federal plaza

havetowait said:
hi here i'm a very silent reader on this website please correct me if i make any mistake .Me an my husband had a interview at new york federal plaza on november 4 2004.We had our interview at 10.00 o'clock and 10.30.So we reach at 9.30 am there you know 9 floor and handed our appoinment letter to the clerk and took seat and wait until they called our name.By 11.20 pm the officer called us [both]our lawyer went with us too.The officer was nice but very strict with her work.She let us swear to tell the truth and yes after that she start with the interview .First she asked for employer letter which 1 we had[husband]than paystub for 2 months,irs printout for 2 years,tax return,w2,kids birthcertificate,our birth certificate,medical and don't forget to take 2 passport pictures and yes after that she start to interview me first like mother name,father name,date when i enter hereand you know what she asked me[when we came in this country we aplied for policalasylum,which one we withdraw couples years already]why i aplied for that case so i got nervous but yes everything was oke.Than she start with my husband tell me about your job what you doing what kind of material you used and after that again same regular question like mother,father name so after that she ent to the computer and yes take the passport and stamped ans said congratulationyou can go and travel where you went and your plastic card will be sent in 6 weeks.I hope that this will help you guys and ya best of luckPlease take all papers make copies thank you

Am I Doing The Right Thing

I Have An Info Pass Appointment Tomm Nov 10 To Find About My Trfed Case Rd 05/02 And Td 07/04 Anyways I Just Found Out That Inquiring About The Case Can Delay The Process Now I Am So Confused Should I Go Ahead With The Appointment Or Cancel It Pls Any Help Is Appreciated

Hey Tasneem

Hey Tasneem

Enquiring about the case does not delay anything. It does not make any sense. Y don't you go ahead and do the inquiry and also please post the details about it. All the best.

Newyorker012 :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused: :eek: :( :mad:

Thx Newyorker For Ur Reply

I Hope U R Right I Know It Doesn't Make Sense That How Can A Case Get Delayed If U Make An Inquiry Buuuuuuuuut When It Comes To Ins U Never Know
My Appointment Is At 8:00 Am I Will Let U Know Tommorrow How It Went
Is Your Case Also In The Local Office Pla Post Ur Rd And Td

Thnx Tasneem

Hey Tasneem,

My details are as follows

I140/I485
RD : 01/10/03
ND : 02/07/03
I140 : 03/18/03 (Approved)
FP1 : 03/22/03
EAD1 : 04/10/03(Approved)
EAD2 : 05/12/04(Approved)
TD : 07/19/04 (NY Federal Plaza)

Newyorker012 :) :rolleyes:

Hey Seema1234,

CONGRATULATIONS ! Could you please post your case details RD/ND/TD/ID etc.
You mentioned you took your lawyer for the interview, is it really required? Was your lawyer any help during interview. Is it 245i case?

PhillyJune1