New York City Transfers

Good suggestion newyorker...

Pls keep this thread active.

Any transfers, inteviews, pls post your details.

Thanks...

U R Right Newyorker

you r right newyorker (or should i say bombayite) i think the guys in federal plaza must have taken the entire week off that's why no one has got no invitation and i think the person handling my case must be some fat lady coming to office 15 minutes late spending the first half an hour finishing her donut and coffee and next half an hour fixing her make-up.than by the time she manages to pick up the first file it must be lunch time after coming from lunch she will be filing her nails for another half an hour and then another coffee break and befor u know it the day is over. and that leaves my file right there and there.
anyways it is not necessary we have to chat about immigration only i have a free advice to all my desi fellowpeople PLS DONT WATCH VEER-ZAARA AND WASTE UR PRECIOUS 3 HOURS

Too late

Hey tasneem

I already saw veer zaara and it was pathetic, anyways I did not wanted to see Nanch so I downloaded it from somewhere it I haven't seen it yet. maybe on the thanksgiving eve. anyways, your imagination about your IIO was excellent but I hope it is not true :) I hope we all get our interveiw letter before our expectation. I hope GOD is reading this.....;-)

Hopefully someone will post some good news here soon,and let it be all of us....

Ciao
Newyorker012

Aakhir Kab

sorry newyoker for the late warning about veer-zaara
how can anyone sacrifice so much! and anyway we have enough problems of our own that we have to see other people's problem that too on big sreen anyways veer zaara would know what problem is if their cases would have been transfered to the local office and that too new york local office
it is true when i read other transfer threads to newark to washington it is loaded with all exciting news about interview dates interview experiences and so on and look at us we are talking about veerubhaiya and zaarabehna kab hamara din badlaygeh!!!!!!!! MR NEWYORKER ANY COMMENTS

Oh yeah Tasneem

That was too much of a sacrifice for nothing, but I am sure if he was waiting for the GC to be scheduled I think he would have spoken much earlier then 22 years of being quiet. I don't know yaar din kab aayega but it looks like all of us are kinda waiting for our lives to actually begin after being here in USA for quite sometime. It is not really fair.

Many of us infact all of us, when we come here we are very enthusiatic and full of life wants to achieve a goal and exactly knows how to do it and are capable of acheiving it, but becuase of this injustice to us we are waiting to be unleashed as if there is a storm of progress on the other side waiting to be released, It looks like we are just living life in a large waiting room where people like you and me and more are just hanging on for a long long time. It is really frustrating sometimes, but there is GOD up there and I beleive that he always chooses to do the right thing for us. So hey , I rest my case to him and pray to him to give me patience of a saint!!!!

Thanks Tasneem, lets keep the ball rolling, might as well make it merrier while it last

Ciao
Newyorker012

Interview in NYC

Hello

I have an interview in NYC for the I-485 after MSC transfer in Dec14th. I have received forms for Affidavit of Support and medical. I am not sure whether I need to do this for the interview.

I already have submitted my medical before. Please advice.

Also please provide with few links where I can read the Interview experiences.

Ramesh

congrats coldfusion on recieving ur interview date if they have send the medical forms with the interview letter than i guess u have to redo the medical (i know it is a pain) anyways u can check with ur lawyer and regarding other sites u can visit rupnet and murthy.com for more info on interviews
now is my turn to ask u question
1) what is ur 485 rd ?

2)how the heck do u'll know that ur case is in the missouri service center my transfer letter has a # with 402 area code that means my cse is with mscor what?

3)did u recieve the letter or your lawyer ( if ur lawyer recieved the letter than i can stop waiting for the mail everyday and the way i wait for the mail that my mailman thinks i have crush on him )

4) how much time u have from the time u recieve the letter till the actual interview date?

congrats again and thank u in advance for ur replies

Interview NYC

Thank you tasneem

RD May 2002
Transfer Date April 2004
Interview date Dec 2004
EB2 VSC
3Times AP
3Times EAD
3Times FP

I recd letters saying the case is transferred... Also the online status told that message.

I and my lawyer both recd the letters. Lawyer got it first though. You will have atleast 2 months time from letter. In this case I had 3rd finger printing and Interview letter. I did the FP October first week and Dec is the interview.

I recd the letter a while back and posted here. After that I didn't do any posts. But on seeing the recent threads I posted the message again..

Thanks for you wishes,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck ColdFusion

Hey

Good Luck for the interview. Please keep us informed how it went, Hopefully ours should be coming soon.

Newyorker012

coldfusion,

When did you recieve letter for interview?

My case was transferred on 11/24/04.
RD june,2003.

Thanks for your reply.

Case Transfer

mygc1012!

my case was transfer to nyc on 11/24/2004. my RD is june 2003. I spoke to my lawer, according to him it should not take more than 6 months to get the interview letter. he says now a days it takes about 6 months. my case is EB3. getting the interview or case transfer is routine matter. it does not mean that somthing is wrong in the case thats why it got transfer. lets cross our fingers & hope for the best.

good luck to every one.

gogi274

Not true about 6 Months

Hey Dude

I don't think somehow the interview letter arrives in six months although I hope it is true. Couple of my friends are in the same situation and have passed more then 6 months already. Look at Tata2003 case and some others in the forum. They have exceeded six months . I don't really know if anyone got it within 6 months time. Any evidence ????

Ciao
Newyorker012

Interview Jeopardy

Hey Folks

I don't think somehow that the interview is scheduled within 6 months time, even though my lawyer said mine would be scheduled by the end of december, I really really doubt it, but I hope that my lawyer is right cause whenever she said it will happen and it did. So hoping she is right about it this time too. GOD please help us all :)

Newyorker012

ColdFusion,
I had a interview in Aug04, the officer said my name check is pending so i was not approved on the interview date siad might take upto 3 months almost(now 3 months over), I guess u have an option to find out on name check thing if it arises on ur dec14 intrvw, do a foipa application within 10 days u will get a answer, attched is pdf with details, all thanks to Mr.Rahul who put up this info, as far as med/affidavit the officer didn;t ask these, the medicals i think there is a memo in uscis site stating we don't need to redo unless we fall into a big if else loop stated there.

I wish u all the best, take all the copies blah blah , You never know which officer asks for what, i guess it depends on the way that officer looks at the things, my officer was strict and friendly, i wish my case comes to a happy end soon. U can find details of name check at the url below,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

srisss said:
ColdFusion,
I had a interview in Aug04, the officer said my name check is pending so i was not approved on the interview date siad might take upto 3 months almost(now 3 months over), I guess u have an option to find out on name check thing if it arises on ur dec14 intrvw, do a foipa application within 10 days u will get a answer, attched is pdf with details, all thanks to Mr.Rahul who put up this info, as far as med/affidavit the officer didn;t ask these, the medicals i think there is a memo in uscis site stating we don't need to redo unless we fall into a big if else loop stated there.

I wish u all the best, take all the copies blah blah , You never know which officer asks for what, i guess it depends on the way that officer looks at the things, my officer was strict and friendly, i wish my case comes to a happy end soon. U can find details of name check at the url below,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

Are we supposed to receive a receipt for the foipa request? Did you receive a receipt from FBI before you received the result?

I only received a finger print notice and there was no mention of interview so any views. Got my finger print done on November 16, 2004.. waiting......further details of my case on missouri transfer forum