New York City Transfers

I think they categorize transferred cases in 2 categories:

(a) Regular transfers
(b) 245 (i)

Regular transfers are scheduled much faster for Interview and those with 245(i) are delayed for unknown reasons (May be additional security checks etc…)

What u guys think? can we match this logic with historical data from this thread? I know "tata" and "Instant" they both were 245(i) & delayed.

I donot think we have enough data to analyse it. But, my friend, who applied on employment basis, got his interview letter in 3 months and was interviewed 3 month after that.

Was your friend 245(i) case? or regular transfer? and was he interviewed in NYC?

mygc1012 said:
I donot think we have enough data to analyse it. But, my friend, who applied on employment basis, got his interview letter in 3 months and was interviewed 3 month after that.

tasneem said:
hi newyorker
i guess there is only to all this that the ins officers r picking up cases randomly. So everyone start praying to all the gods we know of coz we will need a lot of good luck
My lawyer right away told me it can take anywhere between 3 months to 18 months in other words she meant pls don't call me again
My worst nightmare would be that what happened to sriss going for an interview and not getting an approval but all our best wishes r with u. And also i would want to know sriss how soon did u get the interview letter since transfer?
My lawyer does not even want to talk to me. You are still lucky. Applied March, 2001. Law office of "new world immigration" based in IA filed my case..

Hey

Hey Guys

I guess it looks like the same situation with us as it happened during labor certification where thousands of people had applied and then the labor took a long time to get approved. Same thing here in the interview situation. It looks like we are simply too many of us for them to handle.
What do u say?

Cheers
Newyorker012

That's excatly what I guessed

I think only 245(i) are delayed for scheduling interview.

Even my friend with regular transfer was scheduled for interview in 3 months and was interviewed after 2 months...

mygc1012 said:
tdwait,

my friend's was a regular one and was interviewed in NYC.

That's is so sad

Hey TD

It is so sad that the 245(i)'s are not given the same privileges as the regular transfers. How unfair, Maybe all the 245(i) got blue blod rather then red.

Sad....
Newyorker012

It is Sad, when i went to federal plaza with Infopass on November 3rd to inquire about my case, they wrote 245(i) on top of the inquiry form, and that means that 245(i) cases are handled in different way...

Can we get copy of SOP for transfered cases, I believe Mr. Rajiv had requested it while deposing USCIS.

Newyorker012 said:
Hey TD

It is so sad that the 245(i)'s are not given the same privileges as the regular transfers. How unfair, Maybe all the 245(i) got blue blod rather then red.

Sad....
Newyorker012

srisss said:
ColdFusion,
I had a interview in Aug04, the officer said my name check is pending so i was not approved on the interview date siad might take upto 3 months almost(now 3 months over), I guess u have an option to find out on name check thing if it arises on ur dec14 intrvw, do a foipa application within 10 days u will get a answer, attched is pdf with details, all thanks to Mr.Rahul who put up this info, as far as med/affidavit the officer didn;t ask these, the medicals i think there is a memo in uscis site stating we don't need to redo unless we fall into a big if else loop stated there.

I wish u all the best, take all the copies blah blah , You never know which officer asks for what, i guess it depends on the way that officer looks at the things, my officer was strict and friendly, i wish my case comes to a happy end soon. U can find details of name check at the url below,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848
Sriss,

Thank you so much. I will look at it. I am kind of confused with what they may ask. But hope everything goes well..

Thanks for your help and wish you good luck to get yours soon...
I know that you are in Long Island too...

Preparing for the Interview

Sorry Guys

I am not able to come to this thread often as I am preparing for my Interview. I will come with more doubts if any before the interview and definitely will post the interview details as it happens..

Thanks for all your help.

Wish you all Good Luck to get the approval or Interview letter quick

finally we got it

We received our GC in mail this week after interviewed at Garden City in Oct.
We were scared at the interview since the officer didn't tell us her decision. After a month and a half, we got the welcome notice and cards from VSC.
I really appreciate the info and support I got from this website.
Wish everyone all the best.

RD Nov 2001
TD March 2003
ID Oct 2004
CG Nov 2004

NYC Transfer

Hi All,

Our cases got transfered to NYC Local Office. Do you get a letter from local office informing you about it. As the online status changed on Nov 24 2004, that the case has been transfered to local office. But no letter from Local office yet.

RD : 08/28/2003
ND : 09/05/2003
EAD1 : OCT 2003
EAD2 : AUG 2004
AP1 : OCT 2003
AP2 : Waiting
Transfer Date NYC : 11/24/2004
485 AD : ??????????? (God Help Us)

Thanks
Tasneem

Congrats waitForGC@485

Congratualtions on your approval.

I have my Interview next week. :(

I hope everything goes fine

How long to get transfer notice

Thank Newyorker for your response.
Can you please let me know of how long does it take to get transfer notice, once the online message is updated??

Thanks
Tasneem