New York City Transfers

waitforGC@485: Congratulations on your approval ! This is wonderful news !

Any 245i cases interviewed?

Coldfusion, are you a 245i? Good Luck with your interview! Don't forget to post details.

NYC Interview

INSTANT

Thanks for your wishes. I will definitely post the details. Have any one heard any problems in Interview? Not that I am worried. But we make some stupid mistakes which will make the officer annoyed that we have not done any preparation for the Interview.

By reading past mistakes or other experiences we would not make those stupid mistakes.

===============================================

The following are the docs I am planning to take. Guys let me know if I am missing something.

S.No Documents
1 Passport with I-94 & VISA
2 I-485 receipt copy & Original
3 I-140 receipt copy & Original
4 ETA Approval copy & Original
5 EAD Cards
6 Degree Certificate
7 Other Certificates (MCSE, MCDBA...)
8 Employment letter
9 Experience Letters (current and old)
10 Birth Certificate
11 Marriage Certificate
12 Paystubs
13 Tax Returns 2000,2001,2002,2003
14 Bank Statements 12 months
15 Parole documents
16 Driver Licence
17 Letter of Performance Review
18 Copies of I-485 filings
19 Immigration Photographs
20 Employment letter
21 Immunization Record (if any)
22 Medical documents copy
22 Current Resume
22 Utility bill

===============================================

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview in NYC

Hello

anyone in this thread active? Or this thread is pretty much done? Can someone look at the docs I am preparing and let me know if anything at all I am missing?

Looks like active

Hey
Congratulations for the interview. Please also post your details too.
As far as I can see the accumulation of the things is been done correctly and you haven't missed anything so far. but also I hope other members of this thread can shed some more light if I have missed any.

Good Luck
Let us know what happened.

Newyorker012

Thanks Newyorker

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that my Driver Licence has the old address instead of the new address. So I did get a temporary DL from the DMV today which has the new address now.

Every person who is scheduled to have Interview should check their DL as that is the most common form of Photo ID for living in NY. It take 2 weeks to get the ID mailed to you. If you to DMV then they issue a temporary DL.

Also many Interview questions I see that the Immigration Offier asking for proof of living joint (Though this is main criteria for Family Based) . The officers are kind of set for standard questions. They will anyway ask these questions. So it may be a good idea to have Joint Bank accounts, Lease of Apartment or Mortgage or Credit Card accounts in joint along with Marriage Certificates...etc..

Thanks,

Well well well, gues who got an interview... I did so here is all the detail once again
I filed I485 in April 2001
FP May 2002
First Additional doc: 2002
Silence---till 2003
Second additional doc October 2003
TD 09/22/04
FP2 October 16, 2004
Interview letter received December 08, 2004
Interview Date: January 07, 2005 only asked for passport.

SO I AM GOING WITH WHAT THEY ASKED, I MEAN JUST PASSPORT.
Any suggessions?

Hi Johar Ali
First Congratulation On Recieving Your Interview Letter And All The Best For The Interview
It Seem That U Have Been Waiting Long Since Yor Rd Is 2001 I Would Like To Know That Is Your 485 Family Based Or Employment Based
If It Is Employment Than I Think U Must Carry All Supporting Documents And Not Just Ur Passport

HI NEWYORKER
OTHERS R GETTING INTERVIEW LETTERS AND WE R STILL THERE AND THERE WAITING AND GIVING ADVICE :rolleyes:
ANYWAYS HAVE U GONE WITH AN INFOPASS TO INQUIRE ABOUT UR CASE?

Hey Tas

No yaar, I haven't gone for an infopass option , cause it looks futile going there and inquiring. I'll just wait. How about you?

Newyorker012

Yupe I Had Gone But Of No Use Though! A Chinese Lady Was On The Other Side When She Replied Back For A Second It Made Me Wonder Whether She Spoke In English Or Chinese. Anyways I Had Posted The Details Of My Infopass Check The Previous Posting In The Same Thread.
I Think U Should Go No Harm Trying At Least We Come To Know Whether Our Case Is There Or No So Make An Appointment U Can Even Cancel At Last Minute. Just An Advice.

Hi Newyorker
First Go To The Uscis.gov Homepage And Click On Infopass Appointment Scheduler Or Go To Google And Type Infopass. They Don't Ask For Any A# Or Eac# Just Why You Need To Take An Appointment In Your Case Is To Inquire About Your Case And You Just Have To Put Your Name Exactly How It Is On Your Photo Id. That Is It . Jao New Yorker Federal Plaza Tumhe Bolaraha Hai Jao Immigration Officer Kay Darshan Kar Ke Aao.

Interview Scheduling

Tasneem and Newyorker

I am sorry that you guys are waiting. I am sure that you also will get the info soon.

Thanks Tasneem

Hey thanks tasneem for the info, I am sure the reply by the IIO will be the same as you got but just for the heck of it I would give it a shot. "Mai jakar mulqakat kerke hi aata hoon."

Thanks coldfusion, Hopefully people like myself and tasneem and a lot many like us should receive something in mail which says " Interview letter". I am kinda very frustated with the wait. Letz hope for the best to happen very very soon.

Newyorker012

coldfusion said:
Congrats Johar

Wish you good luck for the Interview
Same to you colfusion. By the way, did they ask you for all those documents you are preparing. They asked me for passport and employment letter only. Do you suggest, I take the rest as a precaution. I am planing on going with the two things they asked and if asked for anything else, I will defend it through the letter. I really am tired of providing things. I believe my file with the INS should be thick enough considering two RFE's and initial application with docs. :)

Interview documents

If they had sent only Interview letter which may have very limited documents required.

For me they had sent Interview letter, FP notice and a document which said what you must bring? and what else you may bring?

But in what you must bring they put: All other documents (please refer what else you may bring)

So eventually everything you have is needed.

I am not sure whether you recd this or your lawyer recd this for you.

In my case the lawyer did not receive anything except the IL and FP. Later I recd every other thing along with forms to do medical and affidavit of support.

But I am doing the last two as my attorney told that they are required only for Family based...

My Suggestion is take everything. Show them only what you are asked for.. Having the documents is not going to hurt you.

Thanks

Thanks coldfusion: Since my lawyer will not help me out and will not even answer my phone call so I will appreciate your help in this regard. Since you mentioned my lawyer might get a different letter which I will not see in my case.. So how different my lawyer letter could be. Could you please explain in detail. Would you also post oyur experience after the interview. Good luck :)

Hi Newyorker
Thx For Taking The Advice . I Know The Frustration At Least Your Rd Date Is 2003 , Mine Is 2002 , Most Of The 2002 485 Filers Are All Done With I Am The Only Rare Specimen Remaining (rather I Should Be In The Veteran Group) So Imagine How Frustrating It Is For Me.
So Take It Easy! Aur Batao Appointment Mila Ke Nahee?