New York City Transfers

Hi Newyorker012

Under 245i, my 485 was transfered from Vermont to NY in July 05 for an interview.As you know some of the cases were transfered back to vermont without the interview on Nov 17/06, I was one of them . Now today they transfered my case back to NY office again for an interview. Can you please advise how does this work. As my PD is April 25/2001.
Will they be processing the case as the date they recieved or according to the priority date.
I am all confused. :confused:
Please help

Thanks
ASH3

Hey aSH

I should congratulate you cause of the movement on your case, if you case have been transferred back then you should expect and interview call with a months time. I was on of those case who got transferred earlier and had and interview, but due to PD retro i could not get it stamped, My PD is apr 30,01 and will be current soon. Anyways be prepared for your interview soon. Good Luck

Newyorker012

Info Pass

Hi everyone,

I had an infopass this morning at Federal Plaza. It was a total waste of time as my case is pending at Garden City, and so that's all the officer was saying: "Your case is pending at Garden City". I asked what happens with my fingerprint appointment (as was mentioned to me at the interview), she said it's up to the officer who handles my case to schedule it.

I have no idea what else could be done, so I guess I have to wait.

Ziv

Hi Newyorker012

Thank you so much for the information. I really appriciate for the incouragement. Its been a while since i heard any good news. Lets hope so it comes soon for everybody.

Regards

ASH3

About my case

Hi All
Thanks for your good wishes.

After my case was transferred back to Vermont, I had not Interview and no RFE.

I just had to keep pushing by calling them and asking all the time what is up with my case, and sometimes if some good person is on the other side, they tried to move the file.

Like for fingerprint we got of primary only, then when i called they were able to send notice for secondary immediately.

Also with Approval, one came other did not, so same thing i called and said this is what has happened and they were able to send the approval notice.

But yes the key was , i kept calling them and be as nice as possible to them , and in turn they helped.

Use the following to call

Vermont Service Center
Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:
Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "
You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13456
fax : 802 527 4816.

Hope this helps

Tasneem

tasneeman said:
Hi All
Thanks for your good wishes.

After my case was transferred back to Vermont, I had not Interview and no RFE.

I just had to keep pushing by calling them and asking all the time what is up with my case, and sometimes if some good person is on the other side, they tried to move the file.

Like for fingerprint we got of primary only, then when i called they were able to send notice for secondary immediately.

Also with Approval, one came other did not, so same thing i called and said this is what has happened and they were able to send the approval notice.

But yes the key was , i kept calling them and be as nice as possible to them , and in turn they helped.

Use the following to call

Vermont Service Center
Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:
Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "
You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13456
fax : 802 527 4816.

Hope this helps

Tasneem

Thanks it was helpful, as i could talk to someone.

Hi Guys
Nightmare is over. I just got 15 emails. Our cases have been approved. Wish you will have your happy day also.
I-140: ND Jan,.2002 (NIW)
I-140 AD Feb. 2002
I-485: ND: Apr. 2002
Transfered to Missouri national Center: Dec 2003
Transfered to NYC: Nov. 2004
No interview and transfered to VSC: Nov 2005.
LUD: Nov. 2005. 09/01/06. 09/17/06. 09/22/06. 09/23/06. LUD during weekend
FP: 2002, 2003, Jul 22,2006. Sep.1 2006. The requested me to do FP twice in two months. I just go ahead.
Email from FBI., our name check was done in 2003.
Wrote several email and letter to both senators.
Visited congressman office 10 times.
Call VSC many times. Last Thursday. VSC rep said I called them 12 times recently and I had been told I could not call them again if I do not have any special questions. Rep told me it is not so long to wait for closed 5 years.

b301 said:
Hi Guys
Nightmare is over. I just got 15 emails. Our cases have been approved. Wish you will have your happy day also.
I-140: ND Jan,.2002 (NIW)
I-140 AD Feb. 2002
I-485: ND: Apr. 2002
Transfered to Missouri national Center: Dec 2003
Transfered to NYC: Nov. 2004
No interview and transfered to VSC: Nov 2005.
LUD: Nov. 2005. 09/01/06. 09/17/06. 09/22/06. 09/23/06. LUD during weekend
FP: 2002, 2003, Jul 22,2006. Sep.1 2006. The requested me to do FP twice in two months. I just go ahead.
Email from FBI., our name check was done in 2003.
Wrote several email and letter to both senators.
Visited congressman office 10 times.
Call VSC many times. Last Thursday. VSC rep said I called them 12 times recently and I had been told I could not call them again if I do not have any special questions. Rep told me it is not so long to wait for closed 5 years.

Congrats.

And do pray for us as we r still stuck here.

Hey All

How is it going in here, any luck with the stuck-up cases yet.
What you guys think, will it move to May01 for India also for this visa bulletin? And after that how long will it take to have your cases picked up by one of them. All these questions are a mystery. Nevertheless I know we will be victorious in the end. Wait & Watch

NewYorker012

Hi All

I guess I ain't in no luck this time too with the new visa bulletin India is still at April 22,01, So I guess the saga continues......

Newyorker012

Hi Everybody

Got my interview letter for next month. Got to have finger prints and medical again. Please i would really appreciate all inputs for thier interview experiences,that will help me . I have been waiting for this day for a long long time.
Thanks you for the good luck Newyorker012, as you said i got the letter.

ASH3

who told u about the medical again, have not heard of that one yet, is that writting in the interview letter, is it the standered letter or the medical has been specially tick mark for u.

hi guys....
Massage change on line after 3years. they had my case transfered to some place on sep 13, 2006. today on line i read this ..."Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on October 13, 2006. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."...
any idia what's goning on. I'm little bit nervous. I already had two interviews back on 2003 and 2004.this massage is addional request or denial :confused: :confused:

ASH3 said:
Hi Everybody

Got my interview letter for next month. Got to have finger prints and medical again. Please i would really appreciate all inputs for thier interview experiences,that will help me . I have been waiting for this day for a long long time.
Thanks you for the good luck Newyorker012, as you said i got the letter.

ASH3

Hi Ash,
Congratulations,

Since I alreaday had my interview, I can tell you some importatnt tips to remember. Please make copies for everything you carry to yht inteview.

Most important documents are :
Employment Verification letter
Birth Certificates of both (married couple)
Paystub ( make copies & & take originals too
W2 for the last three years
marriage certificate
Valid Passports & Copies
Transcripts of Tax returns from IRS
Originals I-94 if Any and if not then any proof of legal entry to USA
(email me at newyorker012@yahoo.com for one more important detail)

Dress formal & sharp. Do not look nervous & discuss all your points with you lawyer. And yes be on time....

The rest is easy, All the best and be cool. It is nothing to worry about.

Newyorker012@yahoo.com

godec15 said:
hi guys....
Massage change on line after 3years. they had my case transfered to some place on sep 13, 2006. today on line i read this ..."Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on October 13, 2006. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."...
any idia what's goning on. I'm little bit nervous. I already had two interviews back on 2003 and 2004.this massage is addional request or denial :confused: :confused:

Your case was in the local office(newyork) when your online message changed after such a long time. Please clarify because my case is also stuck in the washington office for a long time. My last updated date has changed but the message has not changed. Please write in detail about your situation. I look forward to reading your reply.

From this group, everybody may be in security checks. The outside of USCIS cases are 4904 waiting for results (with no interview).
Approvals, I saw two recently: Kvskriths- EB2- OCT01-20OCT06
Baluks2000-EB3- MAR98-21OCT06
Don`t loose ur hope.

Hi Jhawilla

Well, I don't understand this security checks anyways, they should be checking background for people who don't have any record and they are checking working class people who have been working their a** off for 10 years and paying chunks of taxes and waiting forever to have theri GC's done & being checked as if they are the culprit. Come on already with this crap, even the under developed countries would process things faster then this

Newyorker012