New York City Transfers

Newyorker012 said:
Hey GClord2002

All the best travelling, Infact when you comeback that should not be a problem, You were lucky to get through before your company went broke. Hey there is a wide world otuside, get a good job or infact nothing is better then having your own little business. Do it. Ha

My friend Newyorker012, thanks for your kind word. We all will come out of this GC issue sooner or later as i did. thank you aagin.

Praise the Lord, my case has been approved on Aug. 29, 2006. I'm waiting for the mail notice. I was interviewed in NYC office on Aug. 2004 and the case was transferred back to USCIS on Dec. 2005. Thanks the Lord for bringing it to the end.

trij said:
Praise the Lord, my case has been approved on Aug. 29, 2006. I'm waiting for the mail notice. I was interviewed in NYC office on Aug. 2004 and the case was transferred back to USCIS on Dec. 2005. Thanks the Lord for bringing it to the end.

Congratulations trij!!!

Hey Trij

Congrats man ! Your journey to the GC is over. May god bless u with all the success in life. Please pray for us too, so that our neverending journey to GC should be over soon.

Thanks

ASH3

Congratulations trij!!!
What happen in your interview down in AUG04? What`s the reason to be on hold till now?

Last edited by a moderator:
jhawilla,

My 2004 interview went well, but due to background checking pending, the officer didn't approve my case. It took about a year to get the naming checking thing done. Then the case was transferred back to vermont on Dec. 31. I had my 3rd finger print in Feb. and the surprise ending finally comes.

ASH3,

Thanks for your good wish. This has also been a journey for me to learn how to trust in the Lord Jesus and rest in Him. Hold on and He'll also do the same thing to you. He's always faithful to those who fear Him and trust Him.

Any News?

Hi All

Any new movement on this thread yet?. Quite a long time since a heard any good news here. Someone give me some good new folks.. Hope to hear it soon ...

Newyorker012

Nothing new. As my PD is now available, my lawyer sent an inquiry to the officer that conducted my interview. In addition, I have set up an infopass appointment at Federal Plaza for 9/25. I'll provide an update once I get any new info.

What's a little troubling to me is that I have not received a 2nd FP notice even though it's been more than 15 months. My lawyer says that these are automaticlly generated. I'll ask about that too at my infopass meeting.

Friends:

I am a 245 (i) applicant and PD is April 26, 2001 and waiting for PD date to be current, and from a retrogressed country. Will there be any interview for 245 (i) applicant? Or since they transferred all files back to Vermont, any need of interview? My case was not transferred to NY.

Any comments/advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi kmol69

I am also 245 i, PD is 21 April 2001. Right now they r proccessing 15th April.
My case was transfered for interview in NY, but was sent back, no clues WHY !. My Attorney says all the 245i cases will be interviewed. I dont know when this thing is gonna be over. Will the files be send back or they will approve it .

Ash3 :confused:

Hey guys,

Not all 245i people will be interviewed. Two of my friends got approved couple of months ago without an interview. They just asked them to mail tax papers, and all kinds of stuff they usually ask when you go for an interview. They got approved after the papers were processed, and got welcome letter and GC in the mail. So keep up your hopes!

kmol69 said:
Friends:

I am a 245 (i) applicant and PD is April 26, 2001 and waiting for PD date to be current, and from a retrogressed country. Will there be any interview for 245 (i) applicant? Or since they transferred all files back to Vermont, any need of interview? My case was not transferred to NY.

Any comments/advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

No more intervews, unless you were arrested in the past for any criminal activity.

WEBSITE => Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 5, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

PHONE 1800.. (12SEP06) => We transferred the case of your I-485 and it is now pending at Saint Albans VT. Wait 180 days to inquiry about your case. We`ll notify you by mail when we make a decision about your case or if the office needs additional information.

* A week ago when I called 1800.. I got no info.

Originally Posted by Aakash28
Hello jhawilla, I also got the same letter about "additional review" couple of days back -I called up VSC and asked the immi. officer specifically about the "additional review" and I was told that it is the same as stuck in one of the "security checks" - when asked which one - was told that cannot disclose that information.

I just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:cool:
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply. Today Visa bulletin jumped to April 22nd. I am glad at least some forward movements.

I hope none of us will have to go for interview, if God allows. Wish you all good luck.
kmol69

Hi All

I see the movement to April 22, 01, which is thank god a positive movement atleast.
Hopefully by next month's bulletin it will be showing may 01. I still don't know if at all it it moves onto may01, how much more time will it take to receive anything from them.

Newyorker012

Hi All

I am still seeing the same date 15 April 01 as current PD
Where did you guys checked. That it had moved to 22 April 01.
Please can you tell me which website.

Thanks
ASH3

Got GC

Hi All

Thanks for all your advice and good wishes. We received our cards in mail on Monday Sep18th 2006.

Our case was
Took over approved labor and filed based on future employment.
aug 2003 140/485
Jun 2004 140 approval
Nov 2004 Transfer to NYC
Nov 2005 trasfer back to Vermont
June 2006 485 Approval
Sep 2006 Received cards

Thanks
Tasneem

Congratulations.

Did you get an RFE after your case was transferred back to Vermont? Please write about your communication with the vermont service center after the transfer of your case to the service center.

Congratulations friend. Enjoy your freedom.

Was there any kind of interview for you before your approval? Please le us know. thanks.

Rgds
kmol