New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

I mailed out my N-400 on 1/19,
1/25,NOA
After a while, March 1, I still didn't get a Finger Print appointment, I called in. And they said they will have an update within 90 days.
On June 1, I got a letter for my Interview 7/6/2011.

So somehow they skipped the FP process??
or they look at my FP from the immigration case?? I was in an immigration case and got wavier out of it on 12/13. I got my FP for that case done on November.
Will they look at the FP record back at Nov. so I don't have to redo the FP?

Will this a mistake, more likely I will send back for FP?

Fingerprints are normally retained by the USCIS for 15 months. Since you've had your fingerprints taken last November, they are still valid and will be used for your naturalization case.

Hi there , I should of not reply to you , But I have one simple question ! its about my N-400 application, wondering if you know anything about this case.
I have passed my naturalization Test on February 12, 2010 , since than no oath letter, on may 13, 2011 I have received second fingerprints, which is due on June 27, 2011 , does that mean that i have to take the second naturalization TEST too ? or the officer will go through the application to see if everything is the same nothing has changed
because this is really frustrating me.

sometime you could have your interview, and your background didnt clear yet, it happened to my brother and a lot of people that i know too. you are over 120 days i would call them again, and i would get a lawyer for your case.

i just got this online; i hope i ll see something in mail soon.

Oath Ceremony
On June 20, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

hey everyone

so, I had an interview on June 15 and it didn't go so well. I passed the civic and english test but apparently the IO had an issue with my frequent trips. I was out of the country 3 times for 4,5 and 6 months in the past 2 years because I wanted to finish my college degree back in the home country. She asked me for my tax transcripts which I provided and the apartment lease which I never had (I am subletting my apartment for the last 11 years). I brought bills, sublease agreement etc. but she did not ask for any of those. She said she had to forward my case to her supervisor and will notify me by mail.
Now I guess I have to sit and wait. Hopefully it wont be 120 days. I'll keep you posted. Congratulations to everyone who is done

so, I had an interview on June 15 and it didn't go so well. I passed the civic and english test but apparently the IO had an issue with my frequent trips. I was out of the country 3 times for 4,5 and 6 months in the past 2 years because I wanted to finish my college degree back in the home country. She asked me for my tax transcripts which I provided and the apartment lease which I never had (I am subletting my apartment for the last 11 years). I brought bills, sublease agreement etc. but she did not ask for any of those. She said she had to forward my case to her supervisor and will notify me by mail.
Now I guess I have to sit and wait. Hopefully it wont be 120 days. I'll keep you posted. Congratulations to everyone who is done

Was this in Holtsville? Was it ISO Lawrence??

I had the same issue. I sent in TONNES of documents including a notarised letter from my parents saying they supported me. I included their tax returns and bank statements showing sufficient funds. I also got a letter from the person leasing me my room, proof from the tax authorities in the country where I studied showing I had no income there, proof of student status, and I don't remember what else. Just try to gather all you can.

My application ended up taking more than 120 days and I sued and settled (citizen now :).

Good luck.

wow! my interview was at federal plaza, and she did not ask for any evidence. i guess they might call me in for second interview or just to sent them more evidence. no clue. wanted to go on vacation but now I can't leave the country at all. thanks for the response though. I might need need your advice again later :))))

Cool, you can send me a private message. You can also schedule an Infopass and see if they'll accept the additional documents. I never got an RFE either, but I just sent in all the stuff. Maybe being proactive will help. No guarantee, though.

i just got this online; i hope i ll see something in mail veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy sooooooooooooooon.

On June 22, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call.

Hi guys,

I received my NOA I797c letter yesterday. It had the priority date, notice date etc. Also, noticed the letter listed my date of birth and mailing address and asked to verify & update if necessary. I was not sure if it was normal to see it on a NOA letter. Do everyone see that in their NOA letters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I received my NOA I797c letter yesterday. It had the priority date, notice date etc. Also, noticed the letter listed my date of birth and mailing address and asked to verify & update if necessary. I was not sure if it was normal to see it on a NOA letter. Do everyone see that in their NOA letters?

It's the same for everyone.

hi everyone,i got the e-mail from USCIS yesterday,and show the online status had change to testing and interviewing. i was little suprised,cause i just done the fingerprint on Tuesday which's 21st June,and i think should have two step which for YL and transfer to local office.then status will be change to testing and interviewing..is anybody have same situdation with me!
my timeline

04/20/11 N-400 Sent
05/25/11 RD & PD(when i mail got the problem with USPS)
06/11/11FP Notice Received (Appt 06/21/2011)
06/21/11FP Don
06/23/11 online status change to "Testing and Interviewing"

i just recived my oath letter guys. it on 7/19/2011. I had a speeding ticket 2 months ago in L.A., and i paid the ticket so do i have to answer yes on the back of the Form N-445. any help please.

November 15, 2010 - N-400 sent
March 7, 2011 -ID
June 25, 2011 - OL
July 19, 2011 - OD

i just recived my oath letter guys. it on 7/19/2011. I had a speeding ticket 2 months ago in L.A., and i paid the ticket so do i have to answer yes on the back of the Form N-445. any help please.

November 15, 2010 - N-400 sent
March 7, 2011 -ID
June 25, 2011 - OL
July 19, 2011 - OD

Congrads, as I told u, you are fine.
Now your trip is near end.
But I have to wait....

I had a speeding ticket 2 months ago in L.A., and i paid the ticket so do i have to answer yes on the back of the Form N-445. any help please.

thank you theory,
what do you think i should do with question number 3 on the back of the form n-445.

Hi Guys,

I received my Biometrics notice today in mail for appointment date: 07/15. Does anybody know if Garden City, NY handles N-400 interviews? I was just doing N-400 processing times comparison and I did not see Garden City listed there. Thanks.

Hi Seth,

Yes Garden City do interviews. I was there this morning for interview and got my oath letter there too.
If you drive, please encounter the traffic on the highway. Plenty of parking space tho.
Good Luck with your interview.

Also I want to Thank You for the people in the forum, help me through the process.

From Bushwick, Brooklyn
NOA: 1/25/11
FP: No needed
Int Letter: 6/1/11
Int (Garden City): 7/6/11
Oath (Brooklyn): 7/28/11