New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

jarnyc, thanks for sharing the info.

Not sure why they ask 2010 tax return transcript. For many people, the 2010 transcript is not yet available in IRS.

This is one of the letters given to me today asking for more evidence:

Examination of your application (N-400) shows that additional information, documents or forms are needed before your application
can be acted upon. Please Return this letter with requested information and/or Documents by:
All Documents Must Be Hand Delivered on August 29,2011.

Failure to Do May Result In The denial Of Your Application

x Bank Letter or statement showing joint Bank Account for years most recent for 2011
x Credit Card Statement
x Utility Bills(gas,electric,telephone)
x ORIGINAL MORTGAGE ,DEED, OR LEASE SHOWING JOINT OWNERSHIP
X tAX TRANSCRIPTS FOR BOTH FOR BOTH YOU AND SPOUSE FROM I.R.S for the following years 2010.

Have mine on 6/13. Anyone else has interview this or next week?

Hey IndoKiddo, where is your interview? I have my oath on the same day in Central Islip and Passport Appointment at the NY Passport Agency the day after. Then hopefully I can be done with USCIS forever ;)

DO: BROOKLYN, NYC
12/09/2010 : Lewisville Tx
12/13/2010 : N-400 Rec. Dallas, Tx
12/20/2010 : NOA Rec.
12/28/2010 : Rec. FP letter
01/13/2011 : FP Scheduled
01/07/2011 : FP walked in & done
02/05/2011 :YL Received
04/29/2011 : Case sent to local off.
05/07/2011 : Interview Letter
06/07/2011: Interview Date / OATH LETTER
06/30/2011: Oath & USC
-/-/2011: Passport Application@post office
-/-/2011 (x): Passport Received

I am not sure who should make an appointment at NYC Passport Agency:confused:. I thought that they will give my passport at oath ceremony. Can anyone clear up this for me, please.

Post Decision Activity
On May 23, 2011, the supervisor review of your case was completed. We will mail you a notice once a final decision has been made. Please wait to receive the notice before you contact USCIS.

i had my interview on march 7.
i called the 800 number IO told me a supervisor approved your case, now wait for OL.
anybody knows how long it takes from here.

I am not sure who should make an appointment at NYC Passport Agency:confused:. I thought that they will give my passport at oath ceremony. Can anyone clear up this for me, please.

Naturalization and Passport Application are too different things. Being a US citizens gives you the right to apply and obtain a US passport. But a US passport is entirely optional with separate form and application fees to different government agency altogether (US Dept of State) not the USCIS. We all know several US born citizens who never had any passports.

You only need to use NY Passport agency if you have immediate need of travel, otherwise you may chose to use normal processing via post office or other acceptance facility.

Hey IndoKiddo, where is your interview? I have my oath on the same day in Central Islip and Passport Appointment at the NY Passport Agency the day after. Then hopefully I can be done with USCIS forever ;)

Mine is holtsville. Congratulations. Yeah, good not be involved with USCIS. Has been long journey for us since our student visa.

Post Decision Activity
On May 23, 2011, the supervisor review of your case was completed. We will mail you a notice once a final decision has been made. Please wait to receive the notice before you contact USCIS.

i had my interview on march 7.
i called the 800 number IO told me a supervisor approved your case, now wait for OL.
anybody knows how long it takes from here.

ray,

I also had my interview in March and passed both tests. I am still waiting for the OL. I have called a dozen times to get updates........but not much info.

Some have gotten their OL in a couple weeks....while some like me continue to wait.

BTW, I'm surprised your status changed. My status hasn't changed since "Testing & Interview".

We have it on that same day and same place.

What time is your interview? My only advice is to show up early, even if your interview is in the afternoon, they barely check the time. Having an early interview increases your chance of getting same day oath. Ask them if you can wait for the oath letter, tell them you are willing to wait. My interview was supposed to be at 1:45pm and by the time i was interviewed at around 3pm, they said it was too late to wait for oath letter since the office was about to close. Good luck!

ray,

I also had my interview in March and passed both tests. I am still waiting for the OL. I have called a dozen times to get updates........but not much info.

Some have gotten their OL in a couple weeks....while some like me continue to wait.

BTW, I'm surprised your status changed. My status hasn't changed since "Testing & Interview".

U are still waiting?
Have u tried to make inforpass to speak with your IO directly?
This is taking too long...
Keep us post

I had an infopass scheduled for last friday..........but did not attend. I wrote a letter to my representative & senator. 800# now says my case was approved on April 18th and just waiting on scheduling of the oath. I will update if i hear anything else.

I had an infopass scheduled for last friday..........but did not attend. I wrote a letter to my representative & senator. 800# now says my case was approved on April 18th and just waiting on scheduling of the oath. I will update if i hear anything else.

Then u should be fine. Oath letter will come any day now.

Quick question: for the interview in Federal plaza, can I bring my cellphone with me? Thanks in advance.

Approved and got oath letter today

Hi Guys,
we both were approved today and got oath letters also. Our interview was at 9:30AM at holtsville. We got there by 9:00. Lady at the reception was very nice and told us that she will make sure both me and my wife will be interviewed by the same officer. My wife was called in first at 10:00 AM by an african american lady officer. After quick oath and test she was approved and was asked if she wanted to wait for the letter and my wife said yes. NO documents were asked except the green card and passport. My wife came out at 10:12 and the officer called me in. On the way out my wife gave me the good news and told me that the officer was very nice.
Officer took oath and gave me quick test. I was asked to write "The white house is in Washington D.C". Questions were simple - how many amendments and why colonists fought british and who is vice president and what is the highest court and who were bought here as slaves. Then officer asked my date of birth and about our daughter and my employer details. She then went through the yes/no questions and then stamped "Approved" on my application. No other documents were asked. She told me that my wife requested to wait for the letter so I can also wait with her. Came out at 10:20.
At 11:25 we got the oath letter. Oath is July 13th in Central Islip. Good luck to rest of you who have interviews soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
we both were approved today and got oath letters also. Our interview was at 9:30AM at holtsville. We got there by 9:00. Lady at the reception was very nice and told us that she will make sure both me and my wife will be interviewed by the same officer. My wife was called in first at 10:00 AM by an african american lady officer. After quick oath and test she was approved and was asked if she wanted to wait for the letter and my wife said yes. NO documents were asked except the green card and passport. My wife came out at 10:12 and the officer called me in. On the way out my wife gave me the good news and told me that the officer was very nice.
Officer took oath and gave me quick test. I was asked to write "The white house is in Washington D.C". Questions were simple - how many amendments and why colonists fought british and who is vice president and what is the highest court and who were bought here as slaves. Then officer asked my date of birth and about our daughter and my employer details. She then went through the yes/no questions and then stamped "Approved" on my application. No other documents were asked. She told me that my wife requested to wait for the letter so I can also wait with her. Came out at 10:20.
At 11:25 we got the oath letter. Oath is July 13th in Central Islip. Good luck to rest of you who have interviews soon.
Congrats, I will have mine on the 16th at federal Plaza.

Hi Guys,

Contratulations IndoKiddo! This is my first post as an American Citizen as I took my oath this morning at Central Islip Federal Court House. Tomorrow I am going in for my passport. I will write some more details about the oath later as I am dead tired from not sleeping in the past 48 hours since I returned from a trip from Canada and went straight into the oath (which almost got me into trouble at the oath).