New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you, Rick. Finally.

At the same time, I'm sad now that I'm the only one with the Nov 08 interview and no oath. Here is how my infopass today went

I went to 7th floor around 11:45 to find the room is full of people taking oath. They lock the room so I have to wait outside. Luckily, it ended after 5 minutes. I think they started oath a few hours earlier.
So at least we know they have friday oath in that room.

After they let me in, I went to window 47 (the spanish lady), told her the story and told her about the 120 days windows for decision.
I asked if I can meet my interview officer but she said no. She make copies of everything and give me a sheet so I can write to him.
I basically wrote that by laws, i should have a decision in 120 days and 3/20 is my 120 days.

So hopefully, this will make him do something with our files.
I will call the 1800 number next week before the 3/20 to see if they approve my case.

I had done the exact same thing at the infopass appointment on 01/05/2009 and I am still waiting for approval as my case is a complicated one. Best of luck though !!! The latest USCIS wrote to me is to wait for another 6 months for my background checks to clear :) Going to file WOM in a few days.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you, Rick. Finally.

At the same time, I'm sad now that I'm the only one with the Nov 08 interview and no oath. Here is how my infopass today went

I went to 7th floor around 11:45 to find the room is full of people taking oath. They lock the room so I have to wait outside. Luckily, it ended after 5 minutes. I think they started oath a few hours earlier.
So at least we know they have friday oath in that room.

After they let me in, I went to window 47 (the spanish lady), told her the story and told her about the 120 days windows for decision.
I asked if I can meet my interview officer but she said no. She make copies of everything and give me a sheet so I can write to him.
I basically wrote that by laws, i should have a decision in 120 days and 3/20 is my 120 days.

So hopefully, this will make him do something with our files.
I will call the 1800 number next week before the 3/20 to see if they approve my case.

OK GUYS .... DONE... My signature has changed.- I will tell you the whole story when I get home tonight as I am still in the office.

What the hell happened? Oath ad hoc for you?!? LOL
Glad to read your signature, you had to sweat that little piece of paper...

I had done the exact same thing at the infopass appointment on 01/05/2009 and I am still waiting for approval as my case is a complicated one. Best of luck though !!! The latest USCIS wrote to me is to wait for another 6 months for my background checks to clear :) Going to file WOM in a few days.
B0nd,
So we are the last 2 guys standing from 2008?
I'm going to open the service request on the 20th of this month and have another infopass after that.

Meanwhile, I probably will do the letters thing like Rick did :D

OK GUYS .... DONE... My signature has changed.- I will tell you the whole story when I get home tonight as I am still in the office.

Baraider, what happened witht he infopass, brother?

I checked the forum several times today, just to see if you've posted your InfoPass experience. I guess you were in today's oath that baraider mentioned. Anyway, kong rats! Can't wait to read your story.

Baraider, what happened witht he infopass, brother?

WOW!!!!. What happened here?. Is he bullied the IO for his oath or what? Come on Ricky waiting for your response. Spit it NOW.
KONG-RATS!!!

Congratulations Rick. Waiting to hear your story.

Good luck to b0nd and baraider for their oaths. I pray for you guys

Updating signature after very weird experience. Best of luck to those who are still waiting. Hang in there, it shouldn't be much longer.

Rumor has it that Rick92 was inexplicably sent to Guantanamo after his interview..details are sure to follow.:D

Shoot.....
It probably has something to do with him writing letters to the President, and other high profile officials. They probably charged him with some crime.

I am back guys from a night out on the town..... I am going to start writing everything that happened.... NOW.... :D

Shoot.....
It probably has something to do with him writing letters to the President, and other high profile officials. They probably charged him with some crime.

thanks, rick92!

i have read the FP appt letter and there is no indication of going on the same day next week for about 3 months. i guess they have changed their rules around here. it would've been nice..... but... bwa...!

since that rule is no longer valid, i am thinking of applying for infopass. do you think it would help? probably not so much helpful to make the process go faster right? but just to get an idea what stage i am right now? am i correct? i seriously have no idea what i should do now. :(

I remember my FP appointment stated that if I could not go on the scheduled date, I could go same day next week for about 3 months and then the FP appointment would expire. Is this still valid?

Have you read the fine print on the FP appt?
And if this is still valid, can you still go???

Most definitely. File an INFOPASS right away. And try to speak to an adjudication officer when you get there.-:)

thanks, rick92!

i have read the FP appt letter and there is no indication of going on the same day next week for about 3 months. i guess they have changed their rules around here. it would've been nice..... but... bwa...!

since that rule is no longer valid, i am thinking of applying for infopass. do you think it would help? probably not so much helpful to make the process go faster right? but just to get an idea what stage i am right now? am i correct? i seriously have no idea what i should do now. :(

Rick,
just curious, you live in Manhattan and you got interviewed in Garden City? Never understood that.
I was interviewed in Garden City for my AOS too and we're a 15-minute walk away from 26 Federal Plaza...

I never understood it either. The last time I went for the infopass, I noticed the majority of people waiting were either from Korea, China or Mongolia or countries like that and also the other minority from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh. In other words, the applicants were from Asia. And that particular day, there was also an administrative Oath taking place, and I just didn't get it. Maybe they have become specialized in Asia.

One of the hardest things to do is to try to figure out the USCIS. I believe their actual chaos comes from changing guidelines every couple of days, but they should probably learn and copy the package system from FEDEX or UPS.

In fact lots of agencies should do that, and not have self-contained systems that are not customer oriented. Nowadays, the client is what matters. :)

Rick,
just curious, you live in Manhattan and you got interviewed in Garden City? Never understood that.
I was interviewed in Garden City for my AOS too and we're a 15-minute walk away from 26 Federal Plaza...

I never understood it either. The last time I went for the infopass, I noticed the majority of people waiting were either from Korea, China or Mongolia or countries like that and also the other minority from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh. In other words, the applicants were from Asia. And that particular day, there was also an administrative Oath taking place, and I just didn't get it. Maybe they have become specialized in Asia.

One of the hardest things to do is to try to figure out the USCIS. I believe their actual chaos comes from changing guidelines every couple of days, but they should probably learn and copy the package system from FEDEX or UPS.

In fact lots of agencies should do that, and not have self-contained systems that are not customer oriented. Nowadays, the client is what matters. :)

True, but customer service tends to be not that important when you operate in a monopoly.
Perhaps they should open the market to competitors. I bet you we could run a terrific company with the people on this board... :)

It could be that there's more asian officers @ Federal Plaza and more hispanic officers @ Garden City, who knows?
But I think when you schedule an infopass you could actually pick the location you want. It has been a long time since my last infopass but I remember when I plugged in my zip code 10012 the system gave me Federal Plaza automatically.
Oh well, I'll apply at the end of July and I'll see. I just booked my vacation overseas for Labor Day week, I feel pretty confident that my interview will be more than 40 days after I file, lol.

What I saw @ Garden City was more middle aged people by themselves at the interview date whereby I saw more families at Federal Plaza. Maybe at Federal Plaza they are dealing more with families or Green card applications rather than N-400's. Who knows ? Like I said before, it is the twilight zone with the USCIS. And their case satus online is 100% useless. This is incredible, unacceptable and embarrassing for Americans. It is better to have nothing. :)

PS. I wonder if the President of the United States of America knows about this. Maybe a little note would get some people at USCIS to wake up and get a life.-

It could be that there's more asian officers @ Federal Plaza and more hispanic officers @ Garden City, who knows?
But I think when you schedule an infopass you could actually pick the location you want. It has been a long time since my last infopass but I remember when I plugged in my zip code 10012 the system gave me Federal Plaza automatically.
Oh well, I'll apply at the end of July and I'll see. I just booked my vacation overseas for Labor Day week, I feel pretty confident that my interview will be more than 40 days after I file, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: