New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

I remember my FP appointment stated that if I could not go on the scheduled date, I could go same day next week for about 3 months and then the FP appointment would expire. Is this still valid?

Have you read the fine print on the FP appt?
And if this is still valid, can you still go???

I was on the Infopass website and trying to figure out how to apply since I have waited a LONG time. How long does it take to make a Infopass appointment? Will the website let you choose the date? Or I have to wait again for them to mail me the date?

And... sorry to rick92 (and to myself), I had to reschedule my 2nd finger print date due to a conflict. It's been a month after I sent back the reschedule request, but I haven't heard back anything about it. Here is the timeline of my application. Any suggestion on what I should do next? Do you think there is any problem with my application? If there is, shouldn't I be receiving some letters by now?

N400 sent: 7/28/2008
1st FP appt: 8/22/2008 (I did get my finger printed)
2nd FP appt: 1/29/2009 (I had to reschedule.)
2nd FP reschedule letter sent: 1/26/2009
IL:??
ID:??
OD:?????????

Hey, look who is here .... where have you been, brother? :D

Yes, I know. But I have good news, I was waiting for feedback and I got it, I have some sort of Infopass Meeting with a senior officer on Thursday. We'll see what happens then.

That is the reason why I keep on telling people on this forum, don't give up until the fight is over. Never give up. Keep on writing the letters posted on the sticky thread. Somebody will help you. :)

I changed jobs recently, and the new one's a lot more hectic than my old one (not to mention more strict about personal Internet usage ;)), hence my absense from the forum.

An InfoPass with a senior officer? I didn't even know that such a thing was possible. Then again, if you write to the right people, something's bound to happen. Now I can't wait to find out the results of your appointment. Good luck!

i would like to know how to get infopass with a senior officer myself as I'm getting close to 120 days mark.
in any case, i have an infopass this friday and i'll let you know what happens.

Request to speak to a supervisor because the person in charge at the counter is an IO (Information Officer) and not an AO (Adjudication Officer). Request to speak to a senior AOS (adjudication officer supervisor). They are the ones with the top security clearance and they can see almost everything. :)

Just say it nicely to the information officer: I would like to speak to a Senior Adjudication Officer Supervisor and I would like to wait for one, please !

i would like to know how to get infopass with a senior officer myself as I'm getting close to 120 days mark.

I changed jobs recently, and the new one's a lot more hectic than my old one (not to mention more strict about personal Internet usage ;)), hence my absense from the forum.

An InfoPass with a senior officer? I didn't even know that such a thing was possible. Then again, if you write to the right people, something's bound to happen. Now I can't wait to find out the results of your appointment. Good luck!

I will keep you posted. We shall know the truth and the truth shall make us free.- :D:D:D

Received my oath letter

HELLO baraider,

just to let you know that i have received my Oath letter. i just picked it up from my mail box. it is dated 03/02/09. the oath ceremony is 04/03/09 at 500 PEARL STREET. Time 9:00 am.

i pray you also receive yours so that we may attend together. good luck.

Many congratulations, funky brother.
I'm so happy for you. Right after I got your message, I call 1800 number and the IO told me there is no change in my case. She said she will open a service inquiry after 3/20.
I just hope i will be able to attend the oath with you. It would be so nice.

Many congratulations, funky brother.
I'm so happy for you. Right after I got your message, I call 1800 number and the IO told me there is no change in my case. She said she will open a service inquiry after 3/20.
I just hope i will be able to attend the oath with you. It would be so nice.

thank you baraider,
i am hoping so too. i will keep on praying for you so that we attend the ceremony together. wishing you all the best.

Tomorrow, I have the INFOPASS I talked about and we'll see where we go from there. And you are going to have yours on Friday. Remember what I suggested you to do at the INFOPASS. To ask for a Senior Adjudication Officer Supervisor, please !!!

rick,
it looks like you and I are the only two people that interviewed in Nov 08 and still in limbo.

funky brother,
Did you request name change?
I'm trying to see if the delays for the few of us has been because we all requested name change.

Tomorrow, I have the INFOPASS I talked about and we'll see where we go from there. And you are going to have yours on Friday. Remember what I suggested you to do at the INFOPASS. To ask for a Senior Adjudication Officer Supervisor, please !!!
rick,
please let us know asap how your infopass goes.
thanks

funky brother,
Did you request name change?
I'm trying to see if the delays for the few of us has been because we all requested name change.

high baraider,

i did not request a name change. my case was a staright case. it is important you take an infopass. i believe it triggers something. i took 2infopasses. the first one was 2weeks after interview. i was told my file was still with the IO. I TOOK ANOTHER ON 02/27/09 and i was told the IO had worked on it. i then called the 1-800 number on 03/02 and i was told my case had been approved and that i should expect a letter.
i will suggest that you take an infopass even though you have initiated a service inquiry. good luck

Hum,
I suspect the name change did cause some delay. in any case, I will have an infopass this Friday. I will also open a service inquiry on the 20th (first day after my 120 days window), then do another infopass after the 20th. This will result in some movement in my case, I can only hope.

Hum,
I suspect the name change did cause some delay. in any case, I will have an infopass this Friday. I will also open a service inquiry on the 20th (first day after my 120 days window), then do another infopass after the 20th. This will result in some movement in my case, I can only hope.

Name change requests don't cause delays in NYC, since this DO only performs judicial oaths.

I went for my 12pm infopass today at 26 federal plaza. When I came up to 7th floor, I found that they were having an oath ceremony in room 700. It ended before noon so I guess it started a few hours earlier.

At least we now know they have oath every friday at 26 fed plaza.

Rick,
Where are you? What happened at your infopass?

OK GUYS .... DONE... My signature has changed.- I will tell you the whole story when I get home tonight as I am still in the office.

Baraider, what happened witht he infopass, brother?

Rick,
Where are you? What happened at your infopass?

OK GUYS .... DONE... My signature has changed.- I will tell you the whole story when I get home tonight as I am still in the office.

Baraider, what happened witht he infopass, brother?

Congratulations! Hurry up and get home sooner :D