New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

I just called and this IO seems pissed that i dare to request service inquiry while still within processing time.
He said that since VSC is still processing May 08 applications, my N-400 is within the timeline. He said exactly 2 months from now, if I don't receive anything, they will open a service inquiry.

At this point, I can't make service request so either do an infopass or just checking mail or call IO weekly.

I just called and this IO seems pissed that i dare to request service inquiry while still within processing time.
He said that since VSC is still processing May 08 applications, my N-400 is within the timeline. He said exactly 2 months from now, if I don't receive anything, they will open a service inquiry.

At this point, I can't make service request so either do an infopass or just checking mail or call IO weekly.

You can always schedule Infopass for an update and ask to speak with supervisor as your 120 days from interview limit approaches. Get names , dates as you might need them if you later must file suit.

Did you send the letters that are posted on the sticky??? If you have not, please send them as they might be received by a caritative soul who can help you.- Try it.- I think it's better than a service inquiry with the same people that don't seem to care about other people's lives.- :)

My wife was claimed as a dependent in tax years 2003, 2004 and 2005. So, my question is this: Will she be required to provide her mother's tax transcripts for the aforementioned years showing her dependent status or is it not necessary for her upcoming citizenship interview this Monday?

She already has her tax transcripts for 2006 and 2007 as well as her tax return for 2008, can this suffice?

Tax transcripts are usually only requested when US residential or martial ties come into question, or if you have failed to file in the past.

I am one of the lucky ones I guess.

I had my naturalization interview at Garden City LI on the 12th of Feb.
I took the subway to Jamaica and then waited on the street level (near 181th street) for the N24. The bus ride is about 45 minutes long to the stop after Roosevelt Field Mall, I think its called Lila Ave? Anyway, I was pleasantly surprise how far a $2.00 MTA ride takes you as the bus is a free transfer. Definitely the cheap way of doing it but yes, the bus is slow and bumpy...

The lady officer basically went through my N-400 form to verify every piece of info. My whole file was at least 2-inches thick and yes, they are still utilizing the 2-hole top punch on every piece of documentation. She only wanted tax returns for the years that were not already in the file. And a couple copies of bank statements and rent/lease agreements. That's it. She tested my reading and my writing and then the civic question. She congratulated me and said she was recommending an approval. (Later on, my husband pointed out that I was not wearing my wedding ring - I rarely wear it - and I guess she didn't even notice or didn't care!) My appointment slot was 2:15 but it was 4pm by the time I was done. I wonder if the lateness of the day had anything to do with the fact that I was sent home with a letter saying to saying to wait for my oath letter. Workers in fact were leaving with me...

Anyway today, almost 2 weeks later, I got my Oath Letter in the mail.
My naturalization oath ceremony will be on March 5, 2009 at Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn.

To think I started this whole process in 2001... I'll be really happy when I get that passport in my hand!

Tax transcripts are usually only requested when US residential or martial ties come into question, or if you have failed to file in the past.

Ok, her case is based on 5 years residence, hopefully the tax returns will be acceptable if the issue arises.

Never be distracted from some immigration officers over 800 phone line. I know most of them just try to give run-around to people and they also give misleading/false information 8 out of 10 times. Some of them even try to preach on immigration laws when they cannot even speak right English. Besides, all they need to have their job is-high school diploma since their job is just to tell the applicants about the status of their pending application. That's all.

Thus, never be distracted from these officers to fight for your cause. If one or many officers refuse to put a service inquiry then just don't argue with them; instead call back and talk with another officer. Keep doing it as many times you like until you get an officer who will do this for you. Believe me, there are some officers who are good and compassionate...who will put a service inquiry. All you need to do is- just keep trying with them until you get what you are looking for. Once a service inquiry is made, people MIRACLEOUSLY receive oath letter or interview notice within 10 days. I've witnessed this with at least 500 people so far. And if you get the time, then you might also like to send letters to all those people that Rick92 mentioned in the sticky thread so that future applicants could be benefited with your efforts.

Good luck...

You can also call the customer service number and ask to be transferred to the next level. The immigration officers at the second level will have more information and will be able to tell you if you've been placed in the queue for interview or if your name check is still pending.

Infopass officers have the same info, but if an interview notice has been mailed to you (and you just haven't gotten it), they can print a copy out for you at the appointment. Good luck.

I don't get the FP letter yet, but i called USCIS yesterday, i was told that my FP in pending queue on 1/26/09, ID in pending Queue on 02/06/09, what 's that mean?

KatherineCC - N-400
VSC-Brooklyn,NY
Sent: 01/07/2009
Priority date:1/13/09
NOA1: 1/20/09
FP:?????
IL:????

I don't get the FP letter yet, but i called USCIS yesterday, i was told that my FP in pending queue on 1/26/09, ID in pending Queue on 02/06/09, what 's that mean?

KatherineCC - N-400
VSC-Brooklyn,NY
Sent: 01/07/2009
Priority date:1/13/09
NOA1: 1/20/09
FP:?????
IL:????

Did you get your fingerprints taken by USCIS for any other reason in the last 15 months? If so, it looks like they ran those (i.e., sent to the FBI) on 1/26/09 and then got them back at some point with an all clear and put you in the interview queue on 2/6/09. That just means they're waiting to schedule your interview date. I haven't gotten any responses as to how long it was taking between being placed in queue and getting an interview letter, but last year it was around 2-3 months.

If you haven't gotten your fingerprints taken previously, I have no idea why they said you were in the interview queue...my understanding is that generally that happens after you clear fingerprints and name check.

I took figerprint on Jan. 2008 for I-751.

Ah, you're good then. You should get a fingerprint notice at some point though around March or April - it may be before or after you get your interview letter. Maybe call customer service again in early March to see if they've sent you a fingerprint notice.

Mta ticket

high southside,

thanks for the response. in actual fact, my spouse was not arrested, she was rather given a ticket of $60, which she paid. what do you think will be the consequences of saying yes to question 15?

I have since sent my spouse's application and wanting to let you know of the timelimne.

TX. LEWISVILLE / NEW YORK
Sent N-400 02/17/2009
RECEIVED 02/20/09
NOA - 02/27/09
PD- 02/20/09
FL - xx/xx/09
FPD - xx/xx/09
IL:-xx/xx/xx
ID: - xx/xx/09
OL: xx/xx/09
OD: xx/xx/09
PP: xx/xx/09 (applied)
PP: xx/xx/09 (received)

I received a ticket from MTA police on 05/13/2004 for fare evasion. I was planning on sending my application on 03/23/2009. Someone told me that I should wait after 5/13/2009 because there's a chance I could be denied since I mailed the application before the 5 year mark... Any suggestions?

5 year mark

I received a ticket from MTA police on 05/13/2004 for fare evasion. I was planning on sending my application on 03/23/2009. Someone told me that I should wait after 5/13/2009 because there's a chance I could be denied since I mailed the application before the 5 year mark... Any suggestions?

there is a thread addressing this very question. If my memory serves me right, you can send in your application after you have attained 4years and 9 months since becoming a LPR. It is adivisable to send it a few days after the ninth month. Maybe like five to six days after the 9th month. i hope this answers your question.

there is a thread addressing this very question. If my memory serves me right, you can send in your application after you have attained 4years and 9 months since becoming a LPR. It is adivisable to send it a few days after the ninth month. Maybe like five to six days after the 9th month. i hope this answers your question.

I'm asking this question because today I went to an event sponsored by a State Senator for filling N400 and they advised me to mail in the application after 5/13/2009 even though my 5yr - 90days is 3/20/2009. They told me there's a chance I could get denied because I mailed in the application before the 5 yr mark of the citation from MTA police which happend 5/13/2004...

I'm asking this question because today I went to an event sponsored by a State Senator for filling N400 and they advised me to mail in the application after 5/13/2009 even though my 5yr - 90days is 3/20/2009. They told me there's a chance I could get denied because I mailed in the application before the 5 yr mark of the citation from MTA police which happend 5/13/2004...

Sorry SouthsideQueens, i did not take a good look at the scenario. i now understand where you are coming from. you are talking about citation from the Mta police. from my personal opinion i believe you should not be denied because of the citation since it is less than $500, and you have taken care of it. anyway, i stand to be corrected. any views from the gurus? we need help please

If they apply the statute of 5 years, then it will be denied, depending upon the gravity of the situation. But let us know: were you taken to the precinct, photographed, etc,.... or a ticket, was it dismissed ? What happened ???

Sorry SouthsideQueens, i did not take a good look at the scenario. i now understand where you are coming from. you are talking about citation from the Mta police. from my personal opinion i believe you should not be denied because of the citation since it is less than $500, and you have taken care of it. anyway, i stand to be corrected. any views from the gurus? we need help please

when to send N - 400

If they apply the statute of 5 years, then it will be denied, depending upon the gravity of the situation. But let us know: were you taken to the precinct, photographed, etc,.... or a ticket, was it dismissed ? What happened ???

Normally what is done is, your information is checked in their system. if it is your first offense, you are only given a ticket of $60. in the year 2008, it was increased to $100. in the case of southsidequeens, it was his first offense so therefore he was just given a ticket of $60 which has already paid. no pictures taken and he was not sent to the precint.

It is considered a class B misdemeanor and should be disclosed. No need to hide this one out so close to the 5 year line.- Me personally, ( I am not USCIS) don't think it would be denied but its non-disclosure would be bad, very bad. As we say here in NY: "Don't even think about it". :cool:

Normally what is done is, your information is checked in their system. if it is your first offense, you are only given a ticket of $60. in the year 2008, it was increased to $100. in the case of southsidequeens, it was his first offense so therefore he was just given a ticket of $60 which has already paid. no pictures taken and he was not sent to the precint.