New NVC cases for Jan 2002

case received on dec 26th, not created yet

CSC
140 AD dec 5th
case recd dec26th, operator said

not created yet, but somebody else posted that case was create for them and their recd date is after mine

case recd dec 26th, not created yet

CSC
140 AD dec 5th
case recd dec26th, operator said
not created yet, but somebody else posted that case was create for them and their recd date is after mine

Potential List of Documents required by NVC?

Does anyone know what all documents would we need to send to the NVC as part of the revised CP procedure? I would appreciate any guidance that would help me in preparing some of the documentation in advance. Thanks

case created...there is some new procedure before P3 introduced

i called up today my case is created, but heard new things from NVC operator
NVC is going to send new form called " choice of agents" within next 4 weeks. applicant has to fill it out and have to sent back to the NVC with form G28 (appointing lawyer). after receiving that form only NVC will send me the packet 3.

anyone got same news?????/

why choice of agents./.

The choice of agents comes in to picture if ur u have not used a lawyer while filing I-140...LAWYERS would generally use G28 form while filing I-140, in which case the Packet-3 has to come to the lawyer..

While speaking with NVC officer,did they ask u if u had filed the petition on ur own or about lawyer..

Bhagat,Please confirm the same and post back.
thanks
shanks75

Due to new procedure?

The DOS cable says the form DS-3032 has be filled only for those who haven\'t filled the G-28; For the rest who have already filed, the attorney will receive Pkt3 and 864. (Of course, I am no Attorney, pl check with your lawyer).
Here are the relevant portions of DOS cable:
5. BY INSTITUTING THE RETURN OF THE DS 3032 AS A PREREQUISITE FOR CASE PROCESSING, POSTS WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE FILES FOR APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT INTEND TO PURSUE IMMIGRATION OVERSEAS. FILES WILL REMAIN IN STORAGE AT NVC UNTIL THE APPLICANT, THROUGH THE SUBMISSION OF THE DS 3032, SIGNALS INTENT TO PURSUE IMMIGRATION. IN ADDITION, THE DS 3032 REQUIREMENT MEANS THAT POSTS WILL RECEIVE FILES WITH CURRENT ADDRESSES FOR BOTH APPLICANTS AND PETITIONERS.

EXCEPTIONS: WHEN THE DS 3032 WILL NOT BE REQUIRED

6. POSTS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT SOME CASES WILL NOT REQUIRE A DS 3032. A G-28 ATTORNEY DESIGNATION OR EQUIVALENT (AS OUTLINED IN 9 FAM 40.4, N12) IN A CASE FILE RECEIVED FROM INS MEANS THAT THE LISTED ATTORNEY IS THE AGENT FOR THE CASE. RATHER THAN THE DS 3032, THE ATTORNEY WILL RECEIVE A PACKET THREE AND THE I-864 FORM. LIKEWISE, CASES INVOLVING SELF-PETITIONS OR ADOPTIONS OF OVERSEAS CHILDREN WILL NOT REQUIRE A DS 3032. SELF-PETITIONERS AND ADOPTING PARENTS ARE ASSUMED TO BE THE AGENTS AND WILL RECEIVE PACKET THREES AND THE I-864 FORM.

************* End **************

Let\'s keep this thread active -- NEW PROCESS

Since we are the first group of people to avail of the new NVC process it will hekp all of us to keep this thread active with any new information. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new process would not cause any heavy delays and totally negate the benefits of going for CP

PCC

Hi guys, I am sure that PCC would be a must for all of us..as our dates would be some where around MarcH/april..

I have applied for PCC from Indian consulate in New York..is that enough or do I need to get anything else??
Right now I am in India,,and would like to know if anything else is also needed..

Also,...if anybody has already received PACKET-3,please post some information about it..is it the same as before..do we need to send any originals along with it...

thanks
shanks

Is AVM updated yet........

Is the AVM updated for folks whose NVC case is created. Mine created on Jan 15 but AVM not updated yet.
Also, did anybody received Packet 3??

packet-3 created..not sent yet..AVM not updated..

SPoke to a officer now..he said,my packet-3 was created
yesterday..I thought yesterday was holiday..Anyway, he said, this
will be sent to Attorneys soon..

Question??

My i140 is approved for CP. My case was created in mid Jan by NVC. I have my NVC case number. Can\'t I just fill out pkt3 and try to do a AC140 through New Delhi instead of doing the long drawn of method of sending docs back and forth..
what do you guys think??

I don\'t think so...

Since you have predicted CP during your I140 petition, i don\'t think you can do AC140(which also requires I824 receipt).I have the same situation and i asked my lawyer and many people over this thread and got the same answer i.e NO.
At the same time, i have seen couple of people here doing the same thing you are asking and got thru, but i wouldn\'t suggest doing that b\'cos in that case the consulate will get 2 cases(one from you and one from NVC) which is not good.
Let me know if you get any more useful info on this.

Packet 3 Created 1/21/2002

Spoke to officer at NVC -- said my Packet 3 was created yesterday and that my lawyer should expect to receive the packet in 2-4 weeks. I thought that was quite high -- I would think they should mail the packet as soon as the thing gets created. Any ideas as to when my lawyer received the new P-3. We should keep everybody updated and post the requirements in the new P-3 as soon as anyone receives it. Also the officer told me that although we would have to mail the documents back to the NVC all they would probably do is check that the documents are complete before forwarding the case to the relevant counsulate. Hopefully that should not be much of a delay. Thanks

may be you are right

my company has filed my I-140 so thats may be tha case.

about filing my own she asked me about that. was not sure what to say and what will be the right answer i said my lawyer will file for me.

was it wise said that ...

CP\'ers, need your help

My I-140 was approved today at CSC. I would like to know the phone no. of the NVC to keep track of case no etc. Also how long does it take to have the case created at NVC ?
Appreciate your help..